Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Contracts

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Am pretty sure when Adams had that clear out in 1999, Mayo was one of the few players who was not out of contract.

Did Mayo play much Under Adams? I seem to recall him not playing much in the start of the Div 2 winning Season

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Did Mayo play much Under Adams? I seem to recall him not playing much in the start of the Div 2 winning Season

He did. He brought Campbell in, but it did not really work out, partly due to Mayo's form and then when Jones came in, Mayo again found some form, which meant Jones playing in midfield.

Mayo tends to perform better when he has some real competition for his place. The only player to really keep him out was Dan Harding, but seemingly he was rubbish!!

Adams last match was at home to Brentford;

Games played by Kerry Mayo in 2001/2002 Goals Cards
25-08-2001 Football League One Tranmere 0-0 Brighton 0
08-09-2001 Football League One Brighton 2-1 QPR 0
11-09-2001 English League Cup Brighton 0-3 Southampton 0
14-09-2001 Football League One Wrexham 1-2 Brighton 0
18-09-2001 Football League One Brighton 1-0 Stoke 0
22-09-2001 Football League One Brighton 2-1 Bournemouth 0
25-09-2001 Football League One Wycombe 1-1 Brighton 0
29-09-2001 Football League One Cardiff 1-1 Brighton 0
05-10-2001 Football League One Brighton 1-2 Brentford 0

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
One, I don't think it is widespread - I never said nor implied that I believed it was. So that's putting words into my mouth for one.

There's no point making up a hypothesis because it's not one I could necessarily back up - anyone could drive holes through the argument, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, so the debate would be pointless.

I could argue that people believe he is shit and that he has no place a this club. That's one opinion, and though I disagree with it, I do have to respect that opinion. What I can't get my head around is those who take it a stage further, and dish out the abuse and grief to the level that it is at, and I am struggling to come up with that particular hypothesis as to why.

Simply, I just don't know why people have an agenda against Kerry. You will have to ask them.

Or perhaps you can accept that there is no agenda... it's just that most... yes, most.... people seem to think that Kerry is not good enough to warrent a new 1-year deal...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
B.W. said:
Or perhaps you can accept that there is no agenda... it's just that most... yes, most.... people seem to think that Kerry is not good enough to warrent a new 1-year deal...
I do accept that most people think Mayo is not good enough.

But, there is a difference between thinking Mayo is not good enough, and dishing out abuse for absolutely anything he does, even if it's something good - and it does happen. That second group are those that I am talking about.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
Does it make you feel clever being so patronising?

'Jocilar aside', it really doesn't come across that way, perhaps you should have made it clear.

The second part is my fault, I meant the collective 'you', as in anyone being realistic.

Some examples of stupid fans. i.e 2 or 3 examples - Widespread Anti-Mayo agenda. Unless the 2-3 fans you have mentioned constitutes widespread I see no contradiction.

Putting words in my mouth there TLO. I said you have suggested it is widespread through comments such as this;

Once again putting words in my mouth TLO, I said it was tiresome, not that I didn't want to debate it.
I've often said you have to have a certain mindset to feel patronised. Anyhoo, that's not the point here.

Nope, you misunderstood about the 'widespread' bit. I am not talking about the people who don't think Kerry is good enough and those who abuse him for abolsutely anything. The latter group are those that I am - and have been - talking about.

Oh hang on, haven't I said that already?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
I've often said you have to have a certain mindset to feel patronised. Anyhoo, that's not the point here.

Nope, you misunderstood about the 'widespread' bit. I am not talking about the people who don't think Kerry is good enough and those who abuse him for abolsutely anything. The latter group are those that I am - and have been - talking about.

Oh hang on, haven't I said that already?

You have started to slip it into you posts now yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here