Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Contracts

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
It's all in the perception and people remember what they want to remember.

Did you look at the link on the Nathan Jones thread?

No, sorry. Trying to do 4 things at once and haven't had the chance.

But why would people want to remember that Mayo is not very good. I just can't see that you or TLO have come up with a credible reason for people to have this inexplicable agenda against Mayo.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
The comment I was referring to in that thread was about Mayo. He was the left back in the team that beat Leeds that season (keeping Harding out)
This was posted
"hmmm tricky one i think jonah was one of our best players last season and if you look and our stats from last season he supplied the majority of our goals from the left...this season when he has come on he has supplied goal balls...hell we have one of the smallest squads in this div already give him 12 months a useful squad player on his day capable of turning a game.....and for all you knocking the ginger prince did you see the leeds game he was the best player on the park!!!!!"

He was also in the side that suffered many defeats?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The bottom line about the contract is that he had to be selected by the manager for a certain amount of games (ie half of them)
Kerry has been consistently selected by every manager over the last 10 years. When Adams had his big clear out, he kept Kerry.
Are the fans more knowlegeable than professional managers?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
In any case, what has a good performance by Mayo against Leeds 3 years ago got to do with whether we should be keeping him on now?
Did you remember it? No, because people only remember that they don't like him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There I rest my case. I'm not going to carry on because it is pointless. I won't change your minds and you won't change mine.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mayo isn't very good but then nor are half our squad and a few of the not very good ones have contracts next year, not just Mayo and the fact these players have contracts means next year will be no different from this just gone, another relegation scrap, mark my words.

Yours,
Uncle Spielberg's Understudy (except I am right more often).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
The bottom line about the contract is that he had to be selected by the manager for a certain amount of games (ie half of them)
Kerry has been consistently selected by every manager over the last 10 years. When Adams had his big clear out, he kept Kerry.
Are the fans more knowlegeable than professional managers?

Consequtive England Managers have picked Phil Neville.

The point is Yorkie its with reagard to the last 3 years (which is more relevent to the offering of a contract) Mayo hasn't looked good and has got in more because of circumstance than anything else.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
There I rest my case. I'm not going to carry on because it is pointless. I won't change your minds and you won't change mine.

Boooo!!! I was enjoying this debate.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The Complete Badger said:
Chris Wilder was a right-back, Mayo is supposedly a left-back. Where's the link?!

Oh yeah that was right. Did check on soccerbase to see when Wilder played, how many times did mayo play aswell and it was only once, Jamie Cambell was the left back wasn't he. The only Jamie Cambell i can find on soccerbase is a goalkeeper that mainly played in scotland and oldham.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
At times over the last few years Harding and Lynch have been prefered to Mayo. I may be wrong but hasn't El-Bad even played there a few times when Kerry has been available?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Believe so, I didnt get much money selling the big issue last night

Thats because you have several issues rather than one big one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here