Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing Carole is a f king disaster

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm sorry but it is .

For what ever reason he's gone , but the facts are if we had serious hopes of being a top 6 side then this has seriously dented our hopes. Not only do we now prob need to replace hime but we also still are searching for that elusive 20 goal a season man and a creative midfielder. This is assuming our leaky defence will be solid in league 1.

It's f king depressing for even a staunch optimist.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
we've got harty who is more of a battler, i feel that we will need players that will get stuck in, in the middle next season.

i.e hart, frutos,oatway

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What did Carole do in the last alf of the season, Id rather have OGH on the rw who can defend a bit. Good player yes, talanted yes, but not what we need next season. We need battlers not people that are gonna try and beat players 4 times and cant defend.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
true but as well as that you need a bit of quality and someone who can do something out of nothing , the division is full of battlers and this will only get you so far.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
true but as well as that you need a bit of quality and someone who can do something out of nothing , the division is full of battlers and this will only get you so far.

CKR aslways struck me as the one who did something out of nothing more than Carole. He was a bit of a liability when we played him in the second half of last season, even before this news id rather have had OGH starting next season than Carole.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
CKR aslways struck me as the one who did something out of nothing more than Carole. He was a bit of a liability when we played him in the second half of last season, even before this news id rather have had OGH starting next season than Carole.

yeah but thing is , the whole situation with Knight has proved how different the championship can be . Surely you must concede that Carole would probably stood head and shoulders above a lot of the rabble in league 1. .. . which surely we'll miss

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he would have been a fantastic player in League One and as you say, head and shoulders above the other lot. But I do feel we have adequate cover on that front and perhaps we may sign someone to replace him. We have had a bit of a clear out, that was needed and there should be a fair wedge to spend on wages in comparison.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
thing with Carole is he only seems to cut inside, we went off the boil after a month when teams now what he's going to do.

thing is he would be injured msot of the season becasue the plaeyrs will just kick him because they can't get neat him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted to see him go, but with a clause like that in his contract, would that explain his uselessness towards the tail end of last season? I love conspiracy theories, maybe he just wanted away. Seem to recall someone posting on here an off the cuff comment attributed to Carole about the Albion being run badly and how he wished he could play for a professional club???? Could of course have been complet bollocks but..

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
yeah but thing is , the whole situation with Knight has proved how different the championship can be . Surely you must concede that Carole would probably stood head and shoulders above a lot of the rabble in league 1. .. . which surely we'll miss

He would have been good at that level and one of the most talented player BUT he tries to beat the same player too many times and at League 1 level he will get cut in half 3 or 4 times a game doing that. The fact he has no final ball also dosen't help he will be missed but not as much as we think.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BarrelofFun said:
I think he would have been a fantastic player in League One and as you say, head and shoulders above the other lot. But I do feel we have adequate cover on that front and perhaps we may sign someone to replace him. We have had a bit of a clear out, that was needed and there should be a fair wedge to spend on wages in comparison.

brilliant optimism mate , suppose you have to have really. I hope you're right

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is more to this transfer than is being stated.

Fructos will be the next, followed by CKR

Dave the sage

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:

Dave the sage

As we will replace them with youth teamers or non leaguers, if this is true, I expect next season to be a big struggle a la Rotherham last season and Grimsby the one before. You had better be wrong :(

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:

Dave the sage

I think you could be quite right, I would be very very worried if that was to happen.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Personally I think Carole was a big disappointment last season, we saw the odd flash of brilliance but far too often there was no end product to most of his work (lucky for us he had probably his best game away at Leeds). I don't think he would have been up for the rough and tumble of league one.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
even this is did happen it would free up wages to get new players in, and we would need a fee for CKR so thats more money to spend.

Jarrett will be good on the left wign in this division, even play hammond out there like at the start of the season.

we have Gatting, Robinson, new kiddy plus new signing with CKR money

itll be ok we will make play-offs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought Carole was pony by the end of the season. He was good when he first came in, but defenders quickly got wise to him. No great loss IMHO.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But surely, you have been getting the vibes from the club as well as everyone else.

DK said at the end of the last season that the losses were sustainable , just, and that the playing budget would be reviewed. We had just been relegated and lost approx £1m in revenue from the telly and season ticket sales have been average.

Therefore, I am 100% convinced that we will be looking to realise our bankable assets, ie CKR and possibly Lynch, with Fructos going as part of the same clause Carole had.

That would free up wages and put some more money in the Falmer pot and also will allow us to buy players who will bnot expect decent wages, ie non league players. Doug Loft and this new guy are examples of that.

I am not overley depressed about this, however until we get Falmer, I am more sure that flitting between this division and the bottom one will be our lot for a while.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i would like to stay in this division for a couple of years, give the youngsters more experience.

in the championship we are always going to be bottom 6 until we get falmer. so thsi will damage there confidence

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:
But surely, you have been getting the vibes from the club as well as everyone else.

DK said at the end of the last season that the losses were sustainable , just, and that the playing budget would be reviewed. We had just been relegated and lost approx £1m in revenue from the telly and season ticket sales have been average.

Therefore, I am 100% convinced that we will be looking to realise our bankable assets, ie CKR and possibly Lynch, with Fructos going as part of the same clause Carole had.

That would free up wages and put some more money in the Falmer pot and also will allow us to buy players who will bnot expect decent wages, ie non league players. Doug Loft and this new guy are examples of that.

I am not overley depressed about this, however until we get Falmer, I am more sure that flitting between this division and the bottom one will be our lot for a while.

It would appear that we are already trying to sort Frutos a new deal so im not sure that true, I think we all know the better player was Frutos so I can see why we haven't tried very hard to keep Carole. I cant see many clubs making a decent bid for CKR he has 2 years on his contract and no release clause. Lynch could possibly go for well over a million quid so its not all doom and gloom, I think we will do well next season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here