Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing Carole is a f king disaster

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Elms said:
Personally I think Carole was a big disappointment last season, we saw the odd flash of brilliance but far too often there was no end product to most of his work (lucky for us he had probably his best game away at Leeds). I don't think he would have been up for the rough and tumble of league one.

Lucky for us... :dunce: how, exactly?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seagulljaz said:
even this is did happen it would free up wages to get new players in, and we would need a fee for CKR so thats more money to spend.

Jarrett will be good on the left wign in this division, even play hammond out there like at the start of the season.

we have Gatting, Robinson, new kiddy plus new signing with CKR money

itll be ok we will make play-offs

Deluded... any money from any sale will disappear into black hole as it always does...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
It would appear that we are already trying to sort Frutos a new deal so im not sure that true, I think we all know the better player was Frutos so I can see why we haven't tried very hard to keep Carole. I cant see many clubs making a decent bid for CKR he has 2 years on his contract and no release clause. Lynch could possibly go for well over a million quid so its not all doom and gloom, I think we will do well next season.

Not sure Frutos is better than Seb, or that we would get £1M+ for Lynch but kinda agree with what you are saying...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I think McGhee was bitten on the bum last year by using that tactic. Apart from Lynch, I cant remember any of the youngsters who managed to get a came actually impressing that much. gatting is certainly pretty good, but too young yet.

El Abd, Hynch etc had all been around the first team for a while and we were playing way above our station if you believe LI and others, so relegation last year was inevitable seemly

I expect the starting line up on the first game to be:

Henderson

El Abd Butters Hynch mayo

Hart Oatway Carpenter Hammond

New Bloke from Braintree Loft

I am still not convinced someone will come in for Henderson either ( CKR Fructos Lynch to have gone)

Loft up-front!... are you sober?...

Albion Rob

I wouldn't get too worried about Carole. We really needed him to dig deep for the final three months of last season and he didn't.

He did some good things at the startt of the season and his oerfomance at Elland Road was sensational but he didn't show anything like enough to suggest he would be our magic man next season.

And anyway, we've signed some kid from non-league football, haven't we? A surefire winner!

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
seagulljaz said:
he seemed to like a tackle when it was wet and really tryed for the team.

maybe ive been wearing those famous blue and white tinted glasses

i was too for a while, mate. really wanted him to be the pacy attacking winger that we needed in that division but too many times he was just way out of the game (saints away for example).

need young, hungry players next year - loft, gatting, kazim, revell, lynch alongside older experienced battlers - oatway, hart, butters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I think ( and its only an opinion) that MM doesnt like Robinson - he appears to believe he is too small.

You say that about those 3 but if the financial situation is as perilous as we are led to believe, which it obviously is, then I think we will take what we can for them. £200k for CKR, £300k for lynch with a sell on clause and £100 for Henderson.

Stick £500k in the Falmer deposit fund and save the wages.

Seems like a plan to me.

Too negative... CKR and Lynch worth more than that... noone is goona pay that much for Hendo tho'...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seagulljaz said:
we are trying to get frutos to sign a new contract.

i dont tink frutos would leave, the way he talks about the brighton makes me think that he loves the place and wants his little girl to grow up here.

im hoping anyway

I sincerely hope you are right... losing Frutos as well doesn't bear thinking about...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I've not been on NSC a lot recently. At the risk of fixtures, Kanchelskis, ringtones, etc, could someone please tell me where this news appears. I have trawled the official site and not found anything, just the news about Revell signing. Neither has anyone asked about it on Ask the Club. Excuse the :dunce:

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
mind you we have Loft, Cox and jarrett waiting in the wings so i dont think it will be that bad if we lost him to another club.

i feel he could be vital next season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Carole will thrive in a team that plays to his strengths. No end product? Yep probably true but as we had no strikers last season he probably had to keep beating the fullback until our huffing and puffing midfield caught up with play.

Magoo OUT

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
seagulljaz said:
mind you we have Loft, Cox and jarrett waiting in the wings so i dont think it will be that bad if we lost him to another club.

i feel he could be vital next season

Frutos is a top quality player and will be missed if he goes.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Carole will thrive in a team that plays to his strengths. No end product? Yep probably true but as we had no strikers last season he probably had to keep beating the fullback until our huffing and puffing midfield caught up with play.

Magoo OUT

:yawn:

Even when we had strikers in the box he couldn't get a ball within four yards of them. Its always MM's fault. He can hardly be blammed that Carole dosen't know how to pass.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAMANCLAY said:

Even when we had strikers in the box he couldn't get a ball within four yards of them. Its always MM's fault. He can hardly be blammed that Carole dosen't know how to pass.

you dont really mean all that do you

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
As mentioned in the other thread. I spoke to Dick Knight after the Watford game in February. Carole's agent was touting him for a move to the premiership back then when we were in the midst of a relegation battle. His mind was clearly elsewhere and probably reflects in the fact that his perfomances progressively tailed off as did his interest. I guess he and his agent thought he was too good for the club.

Losing Carole is not a disaster. He wanted out anyway and I don't know about everyone else, but I only want players who will bust a gut to play for the Albion. Lets move on.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's not great news.... but not the end of the world.

Truth is we have to cut our cloth to suit, and to be honest Carole, CKR and Lynch may have to go

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DAMANCLAY said:

Yes it is as it shows MM deficiencies as a coach. Hmmm wonder why Wilkins is now involved with the first team??? Hmmmmmm cant put my finger on it.

Something to do with our forwards being INERT maybe?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes it is as it shows MM deficiencies as a coach. Hmmm wonder why Wilkins is now involved with the first team??? Hmmmmmm cant put my finger on it.

Something to do with our forwards being INERT maybe?

Something to do with the fact he was gonna f*** off elsewhere otherwise.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DAMANCLAY said:
Something to do with the fact he was gonna f*** off elsewhere otherwise.

Doubt it. Think it was to with Tony Bloom wanting MM out for being crap, so a compromise was reached by promoting Wilkins to work alongside him. Someone who can obviously coach.

LI actually predicted this before it happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here