Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing Carole is a f king disaster

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seagulljaz said:
i would like to stay in this division for a couple of years, give the youngsters more experience.

in the championship we are always going to be bottom 6 until we get falmer. so thsi will damage there confidence

but you just said two posts above that we will be playoff s next season...make your mind up

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i think we will make play-offs

i hope for mid-table just for the confidence because defeat after defeat will take its toll

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I admire your confidence young man

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
look at the fixtures thread at the top of the page...that'll have you running for the razor blades within 5 minutes.

I just think that this Falmer stuff which looks like it could be endless has knocked the stuffing right out of people and we are in the middle of a WC so enthusiasm is not in abundant supply at the moment.

Still...we have Orient to look forward to as our local derby again

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i think its a very tough opening couple of months.

now ive seen the fixtures i think mcghee will be gone but november

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dies Irae said:
But surely, you have been getting the vibes from the club as well as everyone else.

DK said at the end of the last season that the losses were sustainable , just, and that the playing budget would be reviewed. We had just been relegated and lost approx £1m in revenue from the telly and season ticket sales have been average.

Therefore, I am 100% convinced that we will be looking to realise our bankable assets, ie CKR and possibly Lynch, with Fructos going as part of the same clause Carole had.

That would free up wages and put some more money in the Falmer pot and also will allow us to buy players who will bnot expect decent wages, ie non league players. Doug Loft and this new guy are examples of that.

I am not overley depressed about this, however until we get Falmer, I am more sure that flitting between this division and the bottom one will be our lot for a while.

I think you may be being a bit pessimistic Dave but I think you are partly right. I would not be at all suprised to see us using our youth in preference to signing players. I think we are pretty much banking that they will do the job and more than hold there own in this division whilst increasing there values where we can profit at first chance.

Risky game + not much fun for the fans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think McGhee was bitten on the bum last year by using that tactic. Apart from Lynch, I cant remember any of the youngsters who managed to get a came actually impressing that much. gatting is certainly pretty good, but too young yet.

El Abd, Hynch etc had all been around the first team for a while and we were playing way above our station if you believe LI and others, so relegation last year was inevitable seemly

I expect the starting line up on the first game to be:

Henderson

El Abd Butters Hynch mayo

Hart Oatway Carpenter Hammond

New Bloke from Braintree Loft

I am still not convinced someone will come in for Henderson either ( CKR Fructos Lynch to have gone)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:

Henderson

It will be Gatting or Robinson up front and Loft possibly in the midfield for Carepnter.

I doubt anyone will come in for Henderson or Ckr or Lynch as we will want a fair whack for all 3 as they are on decent contracts so I expect:-

Hendo

El Abd Hinsh Butts Lynch/Mayo

Hart Oatway Hammond Frutos/Loft

Revell CKR/Gatting

I also think we will make at least one more signing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAMANCLAY said:
It will be Gatting or Robinson up front and Loft possibly in the midfield for Carepnter.

I doubt anyone will come in for Henderson or Ckr or Lynch as we will want a fair whack for all 3 as they are on decent contracts so I expect:-

I think ( and its only an opinion) that MM doesnt like Robinson - he appears to believe he is too small.

You say that about those 3 but if the financial situation is as perilous as we are led to believe, which it obviously is, then I think we will take what we can for them. £200k for CKR, £300k for lynch with a sell on clause and £100 for Henderson.

Stick £500k in the Falmer deposit fund and save the wages.

Seems like a plan to me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dies Irae said:
I think McGhee was bitten on the bum last year by using that tactic. Apart from Lynch, I cant remember any of the youngsters who managed to get a came actually impressing that much. gatting is certainly pretty good, but too young yet.

El Abd, Hynch etc had all been around the first team for a while and we were playing way above our station if you believe LI and others, so relegation last year was inevitable seemly

I expect the starting line up on the first game to be:

Henderson

I am still not convinced someone will come in for Henderson either ( CKR Fructos Lynch to have gone)

and where do you think that team would finish ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:
I think ( and its only an opinion) that MM doesnt like Robinson - he appears to believe he is too small.

You say that about those 3 but if the financial situation is as perilous as we are led to believe, which it obviously is, then I think we will take what we can for them. £200k for CKR, £300k for lynch with a sell on clause and £100 for Henderson.

Stick £500k in the Falmer deposit fund and save the wages.

Seems like a plan to me.

We wouldn't sell any of those for that price. If we sold Currie for 250k then we are unlikely to sell the young more talented players for less.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fancy footwork but no end result.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
I'm sorry but it is .

For what ever reason he's gone , but the facts are if we had serious hopes of being a top 6 side then this has seriously dented our hopes. Not only do we now prob need to replace hime but we also still are searching for that elusive 20 goal a season man and a creative midfielder. This is assuming our leaky defence will be solid in league 1.

It's f king depressing for even a staunch optimist.

Yes, this man speaks sense... and the contract we agreed to that made his free transfer possible, despite what DK says (you can tell he is an advertising man!) shows us up to be fcukwit useless negotiators... I'm sure I'll get famed for this, but that's my opinion and no amount of spin from the club will change the fact that we've got nowt for a fcuking good player... good business, my ar$e...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seagulljaz said:
we've got harty who is more of a battler, i feel that we will need players that will get stuck in, in the middle next season.

i.e hart, frutos,oatway

Well, we may not even keep Frutos because of our "clever" agreement to his similar release clause a la the mighty Seb's... what a bunch of clowns our club's leadership are sometimes...

** prepares for flaming **

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
seagulljaz said:
we've got harty who is more of a battler, i feel that we will need players that will get stuck in, in the middle next season.

i.e hart, frutos,oatway

frutos, get stuck in? you sure?

should have got rid of both of them, they will have less time in L1 to try all their fancy bollocks that didn't come off last season.

reckon loft will come through this season and gatting and kazim should be a fixed starting front line - goals goals goals!

:clap2: :albion: :clap2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
What did Carole do in the last alf of the season, Id rather have OGH on the rw who can defend a bit. Good player yes, talanted yes, but not what we need next season. We need battlers not people that are gonna try and beat players 4 times and cant defend.

Couldn't agree less... Seb would have won us games... even MM admitted he was a significant loss to the squad... credit where credit's due to MM... no public comment fcuk-up this time... well done, MM...

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
we are trying to get frutos to sign a new contract.

i dont tink frutos would leave, the way he talks about the brighton makes me think that he loves the place and wants his little girl to grow up here.

im hoping anyway

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
bathseagull said:
frutos, get stuck in? you sure?

he seemed to like a tackle when it was wet and really tryed for the team.

maybe ive been wearing those famous blue and white tinted glasses

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I think he would have been a fantastic player in League One and as you say, head and shoulders above the other lot. But I do feel we have adequate cover on that front and perhaps we may sign someone to replace him. We have had a bit of a clear out, that was needed and there should be a fair wedge to spend on wages in comparison.

Love that last bit... you truly are an optimist!... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here