Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing Carole is a f king disaster

B.W. said:
LI - stop asking for evidence...
Quite right, evidence just gets in the way of good discussions! :D

Look, I accept to a degree what you say - as neither you, nor I or anyone on here was party to the negotiations, no one can give you the guarantees you demand that the best possible deal was negotiated in the Seb case - write to Dick Knight, he is the only one that can do that.

You just have to trust people on their track record. Knight's is very good.

If he says we couldn't have afforded the extra money on higher wages and higher fees, I believe him, because we do operate on a shoe-string, everyone knows that.

Would I have preferred all the money we spent on El Turi to have been spent on Carole, yes of course!, but:

a) hindsight is a wonderful thing, and b) who knows whether that would have been enough (West Ham had a 600,000 euro bid turned down previously) and c) that would still have left us needing to buy another forward, and where would the money have come from for that.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Doubt it. Think it was to with Tony Bloom wanting MM out for being crap, so a compromise was reached by promoting Wilkins to work alongside him. Someone who can obviously coach.

LI actually predicted this before it happened.
No genius on my part, someone told me. I ain't THAT good at predicting :p

Sep 1, 2010
I'm sorry but it is .

For what ever reason he's gone , but the facts are if we had serious hopes of being a top 6 side then this has seriously dented our hopes. Not only do we now prob need to replace hime but we also still are searching for that elusive 20 goal a season man and a creative midfielder. This is assuming our leaky defence will be solid in league 1.

It's f king depressing for even a staunch optimist.

On hindsight...................

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
God. Look at that team and compare it in quality, style and panache to our present day heroes.

Hendo

El Abd Hinsh Butts Lynch/Mayo

Hart Oatway Hammond Frutos/Loft

Revell CKR/Gatting

I hope alot of people read this, and it adds new context to how good we currently are.

Sep 1, 2010
Prick that was 2006 , things change

Well done for trawling for something though. Your contribution to this board is truly fantastic

Calm down jeez. I actually replied to the wrong thread as i was searching for another one on another tab and replied to this by mistake. Bloody hell

Sep 1, 2010
fair do's

I'm hung the f*** over , sounded worse than i meant it

I sent you a PM. I got a call halfway through looking for another thread, i came back remembering what i was gonna do and pressed quote not realising i was no the wrong tab and replied, i then pressed x on the wrong tab and lost the original one. Apologies.

:drink: Hope the Hangover gets better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here