Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] London Bridge Incident

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I I have so much respect for the members of the public going about their business and their instincts, adrenalin and bravery must have just kicked in. I would like to think that I would grab the nearest tusk or fire extinguisher or rock and tackle the perpertator like a super hero. Reality is I likely wouldn't, and probably the majority of would freeze, run, or film it from a distance. And that's ok too in an extraordinary event. I've got no doubt those people saved more injuries and probably lives and the police did the absolute right thing. They all deserve some medal. For what its work.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Standard Brighton......

[tweet]1200446199343521793[/tweet]

When I heard that the attacker had been shot dead, it did cross my mind whether the Police could have avoided shooting him for questioning & intelligence purposes.

Then I watched some videos of the attack.

There was no other choice. They Police did the right thing.

As the Police pulled the last eternally brave member of the public off the fanatic, the terrorist is clearly trying to get up again. I’m confident that he would have had been given a chance to surrender or be shot at that point. He appears to try and jump to his feet to attack the hero who’d pinned him, the Police have no choice but to send him to hell at that point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She's had well over 7,000 such responses. This caused her to pause, reflect and then come back with...

[tweet]1200471970422382592[/tweet]

Wow.

Does she not realise he's previously been arrested, convicted of terrorism, served his sentence and been released?

What part of 'it is ****ing mental to let an avowed islamist terrorist, whose doctrine is to get into heaven by killing kaffir, back on the street' doesn't she not understand? ???

And I hate to say this but it would have been better for our government to have spent the last 10 years persuading the judiciary to come up with a better rubric for keeping these murdering nut jobs off the street than dicking about with brexit.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why they let these convicted terrorist scumbags out of jail is beyond me. Anyone convicted of a serious terrorist offence should serve life, no ifs, buts or maybes. How I loath people who act in this way in the name of religion. They make me sick to the core. And why the hell was he even here?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When I heard that the attacker had been shot dead, it did cross my mind whether the Police could have avoided shooting him for questioning & intelligence purposes.

Then I watched some videos of the attack.

There was no other choice. They Police did the right thing.

As the Police pulled the last eternally brave member of the public off the fanatic, the terrorist is clearly trying to get up again. I’m confident that he would have had been given a chance to surrender or be shot at that point. He appears to try and jump to his feet to attack the hero who’d pinned him, the Police have no choice but to send him to hell at that point.

I like to think I’m normally on the side of the arresting and questioning side of thing - but the police acted correctly by shooting him.

I can’t imagine the firing officer wanted to use his gun, but was left with no option.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I like to think I’m normally on the side of the arresting and questioning side of thing - but the police acted correctly by shooting him.

I can’t imagine the firing officer wanted to use his gun, but was left with no option.

Sadly I think there is going to be a huge enquiry as to why they did not try to arrest him rather than shoot him. Whilst all the facts may still be unclear at this stage let's hope that argument may be that he was still a threat as it had not been established that the suicide vest was fake.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why they let these convicted terrorist scumbags out of jail is beyond me. Anyone convicted of a serious terrorist offence should serve life, no ifs, buts or maybes. How I loath people who act in this way in the name of religion. They make me sick to the core. And why the hell was he even here?

Apparently he was tagged but had special permission to go to London after being invited by Cambridge academics to attend a conference at London Bridge on rehabilitation of prisoners. Sounds staggeringly naive and now two people have lost their lives.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is wrong.

What, you think the terrorists who shout Akbar blah blah aren’t following the Muslim Faith? What part of Tommy Robinson’s views on extremists don’t you agree with? It almost feels like you and others haven’t actually watched any of the videos and explanations - and labelled him a racist - whatever next!
You both seem to be on the border radicalised to me.

Why? Because I agree the Muslim religion has parts in it that preaches hate and agree that the terrorists kill innocent people in the name of Islam? Wow. I’d say I just agree with a basic opinion like many would but have the balls to say it. Also have the balls to state recent Tommy Robinson videos on terrorism are all bang on. How dare I use his name ?! The videos where the far left are violent and rude and can’t debate are always fun btw..:clap2:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I too have worked with and still work with many muslims and they are in the main fantastic, lovely and hard working people. However, I think it is naive to ignore what their religion actually states. I think it is possible to like the people and still disagree with the fundamentals of the faith.

Bang on. That’s it in one post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think there is much in the way of homophobia in the Bible - the odd mention in the early [arts of the Old testament maybe, which would be adequately outflanked by everything in the new Testament and the teachings of one Jesus Christ.

And I am another one who would confirm all the Muslims I know will be deeply saddened by today's events.

Admittedly I haven’t read the bible as there are better fiction books out there in my opinion. But I’m sure some Christians / the Christian Faith don’t like gays? Muslims should be appalled but also should accept these scum are doing these murders in the name of their shared faith and do all they can to preach stopping it.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember the night of the last attack at London Bridge when my daughter was scarily close to events so have the utmost respect for anyone who tackled this guy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember the night of the last attack at London Bridge when my daughter was scarily close to events so have the utmost respect for anyone who tackled this guy.

They literally saved lives. Real hero’s. Just another part of what we all need to do to not let these ******** win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here