Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] London Bridge Incident

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Let's not forget the Christians went on their crusades, killing far more than these terrorist groups have, and Hitler was raised as a catholic. So remember, it's not the religion, but the people who are so ****ed in the head that even without religion they would be doing this for other reasons.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Some do. Others don’t. Some don’t loud enough imo. The bottom line is these knobheads that kill people need eradicating and we all need to do our part as a society - those closest to them more than anyone. You aren’t going to paradise by killing innocent children you ****ing morons.

It’s a tricky one because, bit like fellow Albion fans do something daft, or when our politicians take us to War I don’t agree with, I don’t feel compelled to apologise on their behalf really. I have zero influence on them. I don’t even know them. Fanatical Muslims kill innocent Muslims all the time. Truth is, these sick individuals are just that. I don’t know how we stop them. Seems we must learn to live with

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Just announced that the terrorist had links with Islamist groups and was known to the police.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Let's not forget the Christians went on their crusades, killing far more than these terrorist groups have....

But the crusades were justified overall to counter Islamic expansionism. There may have been excesses along the way, but overall they were a worthy cause. It wasn’t just knights hacking their way across the Middle East for the sheer hell of it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done the public who had a go and the police officer who shot the *******.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But the crusades were justified overall to counter Islamic expansionism. There may have been excesses along the way, but overall they were a worthy cause. It wasn’t just knights hacking their way across the Middle East for the sheer hell of it.

............ and they were 7 or 8 hundred years ago!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I have many muslim clients and they are decent, hard working people with a good moral compass. Do not let a few wronguns tar them all. That is what they want, to draw a divide and spread hate

Absolutely. Me too........including several in KSA who are continually depressed by such acts in the name of ‘Islam’.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Standard Brighton......

[tweet]1200446199343521793[/tweet]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Standard Brighton......

Not really, you will always find an idiot on twitter as you will on here. I read something earlier on there regarding the man who took the knife and why he wasn't arrested.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not an easy job I am sure but many sleepless nights ahead for those responsible for monitoring him after his release.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
According to reports some of the people who wrestled him to the ground were ex-prisoners themselves who also attended the event.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Standard Brighton......

I'm a tree hugging, progressive, snowflake kind of guy these days but even I can see that the police had little option in that situation. He was wearing what appeared to be an explosive vest. They had to assume he was prepared to use it for the protection of themselves and the public.

Contrast the police response today to that when Lee Rigby was killed. In that instance, the killers had no apparent explosives and were carrying knives. The police duly aimed low and incapacitated the attackers.

The armed police are brought in to face almost unimaginable situations and are required to act in moments, knowing full well that they will be asked to justify their actions. That is true public service.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Standard Brighton......

What an idiotic, naïve view.

The man was wearing what appeared to be an explosive vest. If you’re the officers on the scene you have no idea or time to work out if it’s real or not. The man has also already killed, they are absolutely correct to take him down. What if the guys explosives went off and killed 100s of people? People would blame them for not stopping it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here