Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] London Bridge Incident

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Apparently he was tagged but had special permission to go to London after being invited by Cambridge academics to attend a conference at London Bridge on rehabilitation of prisoners. Sounds staggeringly naive and now two people have lost their lives.

It was a convicted murderer on day release who helped pin down the attacker attending the academic event.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There is an argument that rehabilitation is more appropriate for convicted murderers who have not been brainwashed into religious/political terrorism. There is academic research into the difficulty of rehabilitating terrorists.

Aside from the actual attack on London Bridge, the involvement of this convicted murderer, who was at the academic event on day release, is a developing story in itself. He strangled and slit the throat of a 21 year old girl with learning difficulties he ran into in woodland in Ashford in 2004. He only was arrested for it after confessing to killing someone on the phone to the Samaritans and the worker went to the police. Her family were informed of his involvement yesterday by their liaison officer from Kent Police and are very upset. I can actually remember it at the time, as it was heavily covered on BBC South East Today etc back then and he wasn't arrested until a month afterwards. He's never given a reason as to why he did it apparently.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Aside from the actual attack on London Bridge, the involvement of this convicted murderer, who was at the academic event on day release, is a developing story in itself. He strangled and slit the throat of a 21 year old girl with learning difficulties he ran into in woodland in Ashford in 2004. He only was arrested for it after confessing to killing someone on the phone to the Samaritans and the worker went to the police. Her family were informed of his involvement yesterday by their liaison officer from Kent Police and are very upset. I can actually remember it at the time, as it was heavily covered on BBC South East Today etc back then and he wasn't arrested until a month afterwards. He's never given a reason as to why he did it apparently.

I did say this in my posts of 265 and 268 but thanks for extra info.
A couple of posters don't seem to read previous posts then seem to get things mixed up.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Shocking that the attacker was automatically released from prison on licence without the involvement of the Parole Board 🥺 No one in their right mind can think that's in any way acceptable. Wtf is going on?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Your last sentence is worrying. It is difficult to believe in the success of rehabilitation if motivation has not been explored. I would also not take the man’s heroism yesterday as evidence of rehabilitation for the crime for which he was convicted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Admittedly I haven’t read the bible as there are better fiction books out there in my opinion. But I’m sure some Christians / the Christian Faith don’t like gays? Muslims should be appalled but also should accept these scum are doing these murders in the name of their shared faith and do all they can to preach stopping it.

Why are you so sure when you haven't read it. Would you think that I don't like gays? Do you know any Christians or are you judging us by what you might have read about us?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't jump to conclusions. One of the heros was a convicted murderer on day release too.

Still a heroic act that needs thanks. Even if he has done a really bad thing himself.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just some loon spouting shit. Muslims hold Jesus Christ in high regard as a good prophet. They may think Allah is the ultimate prophet but they certainly regard Jesus Christ highly and acknowlege him. That is why 99% of Muslims have no problem with Christmas and many embrace it despite what many papers tell you

No this is false. The Muslim Jesus magicked someone else look like him and who was nailed to the cross instead, whilst Jesus laughed about tricking everyone.

Is this the Jesus you know? I'm an Atheist and we know that if he did exist, as a person, he was probably nailed to the cross and died. There was never a magical crucifixion show where Jesus set up an illusion to trick everyone. Muslims use the "We love Jesus too" script to fool people who are ignorant about the Muslim Jesus. Judgement Day will see Jesus return and smash the crosses :

Narrated Abu Huraira, Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in whose hands my soul is, son of Mary, Jesus will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizya” (tax taken from the non-Muslims under the protection of the Muslim government).

It's not just the Christian belief that they insult, they also insult history. They will also deny the Islamic slavery of Africa since the 7th century, that made it possible for the Europeans to buy slaves at the slave markets. They will claim that all conquests were acts of defence, including the beheading of over 600 Jewish men and teenage boys from the Banus Qurayza Tribe.

Muslims are victims of Islam too and it's the Ex Muslims like below who need the help and we should be supporting and learning from.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzREuchzOqiawpEpvEM0Tyg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ11LYqiqsaqfhJxprOa_ZA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuq86og6-6yQunD_kT_6fg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Admittedly I haven’t read the bible as there are better fiction books out there in my opinion. But I’m sure some Christians / the Christian Faith don’t like gays? Muslims should be appalled but also should accept these scum are doing these murders in the name of their shared faith and do all they can to preach stopping it.

You are absolutely right that there are Christians who don't like Gays. I am not one of them. There is the Queensborough(?) Baptist Church in the USA which abhors homosexuality and considers every dead soldier who is brought home from Afghanistan or wherever is a punishment on the American people for its tolerance of it. There are those who consider homosexuality a (mental) illness and seek to offer to cure it. There are plenty who just don't like gays.

But Jesus himself never touches the subject, and he is fairly central to the faith - the clue is in the name. He was famous in his time for mixing with people with whom he should not have mixed - Tax Collectors, prostitutes, Romans, even Samaritans - gasp shock horror. He would abhor much of what is done today in his name, particularly anything to do with intolerance or people judging others.

EDIT - Sorry it's the Westboro Baptist Church, that Louis Theroux spent time with on TV.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why are you so sure when you haven't read it. Would you think that I don't like gays? Do you know any Christians or are you judging us by what you might have read about us?

I know (as many do) that the Christian Faith says homophobic stuff. No I don’t think you’re homophobic. No I didn’t say all, I clearly say some. I know many Christians - some lovely and live by the values, some extremely judgmental and arrogant, some living an absolute farce of a life if they think they’re Christians and completely false...!
Don't jump to conclusions. One of the heros was a convicted murderer on day release too.
I’m not jumping to conclusions - the guys that tackled the scummy ******* saved lives and were hero’s. There’s footage of it.

And I think this is the not in the bible that ‘Paul’ writes. How did Paul pass the audition if he was so discriminative with his preachings?

1. Homosexual sin is serious. Paul says the active and unrepentant homosexual, as with all active, unrepentant sinners, will not enter God’s kingdom. Paul urges his readers not to be deceived on this point. He assumes there will be those who deny this teaching, and argue that some forms of homosexual conduct are acceptable to God. But Paul is clear: homosexual conduct leads people to destruction. This is a serious issue.

2. Homosexual sin is not unique. Paul’s list includes other forms of sexual sin (sexual immorality and adultery), and it includes non-sexual forms of sin (drunkenness and theft, for example). Homosexual sin is incredibly serious, but it is not alone in being so. It is wicked, but so is, say, greed. We must not imply that homosexual sex is the sin of our age. If we are to be faithful to Scripture, we must also preach against theft, greed, drunkenness, reviling, and defrauding others, many of which are also trivialised in our society, and all of which also characterize the unrighteous.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are absolutely right that there are Christians who don't like Gays. I am not one of them. There is the Queensborough(?) Baptist Church in the USA which abhors homosexuality and considers every dead soldier who is brought home from Afghanistan or wherever is a punishment on the American people for its tolerance of it. There are those who consider homosexuality a (mental) illness and seek to offer to cure it. There are plenty who just don't like gays.

But Jesus himself never touches the subject, and he is fairly central to the faith - the clue is in the name. He was famous in his time for mixing with people with whom he should not have mixed - Tax Collectors, prostitutes, Romans, even Samaritans - gasp shock horror. He would abhor much of what is done today in his name, particularly anything to do with intolerance or people judging others.

There are a handful (6 or 7) texts which could be taken to condemn homosexualty

That’s fair enough. But there are preachings in that book that are sexist and homophobic - it’s not just about Jesus is it. I know there was a real man called Jesus and that much is well documented. I just find the parting the seas and making 1000s of meals out of a loaf a bread a bit far. But I respect those that believe in any faith, so long as they live by good life values and not any racist, sexist, homophobic bits that are in that religion. I do think Islam has elements of a very bad culture born from a shared interest in a ‘faith’ - like the Muslim grooming gangs - would they have been a grooming gang had they not all been Muslim? Difficult to know eh...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s fair enough. But there are preachings in that book that are sexist and homophobic - it’s not just about Jesus is it. I know there was a real man called Jesus and that much is well documented. I just find the parting the seas and making 1000s of meals out of a loaf a bread a bit far. But I respect those that believe in any faith, so long as they live by good life values and not any racist, sexist, homophobic bits that are in that religion. I do think Islam has elements of a very bad culture born from a shared interest in a ‘faith’ - like the Muslim grooming gangs - would they have been a grooming gang had they not all been Muslim? Difficult to know eh...

You will find that the grooming gangs are nearly from the same area of Asia rather than just Muslim, so I suspect their culture comes into it rather than their belief.
Please don't believe Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is some sort of saviour of the gang victims. He's just latched onto something that was already being dealt with. South Yorkshire police were ignoring complaints being made, but a Rotherham social worker took up their case. A brilliant prosecutor Nazir Afzal (a Muslim himself) got them put behind bars. If anything, S Y-L put the trials in jeopardy by filming outside the court room. It was the middle trial of three, with witnesses being required for all three trials. He isn't a journalist, and even had his Justgiving & PayPal accounts suspended because of his criminal activities, such as door stepping a decent journalist, threatening his family.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Posted when Brighton are playing and away at Liverpool.
Why don't you do everyone a favour and just fuk off you are pond life who should be wiped off this board like wiping shit off your arse.

Goodness me, what is wrong with you? There is so much hate in your posts -the third day running when you just write abuse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we should feel sorry for him according to his solicitor who said that he wanted help in deradicalisation and didn’t get it.

Bless his cotton socks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here