Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Locadia stop slating him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Utter bollocks. ....... and you can't even spell the player's name properly. Pathetic.

Big Jurg is the stuff of legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Big Jurg is the stuff of legend.

With Connolly injured, Welbeck always a game away from injury and the valuable Maupay probably being wrapped in cotton wool and released for EPL games only, we could well see Big Jürg start against Swansea in the League cup in two weeks.

He has never let us down against lower league opposition in the cup. Time to get behind him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Connolly injured (if he was and not just dropped) it’s between Locadia and 16 year old Ferguson on the bench for Brentford

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
More saying he didn't appear in any friendlies, not in the training photos, not interviewed for the club website, not mentioned by the manager when asked about our options, not referred to in the clubs social media

Do excuse me if there was one occasion where he was name checked or something, but i'm not seeing the signs that this is a player or manager who wants to play here or a manager who wants to play him.

He has been in training pictures. No secret club would have been open to offers - which probably explains lack of mentions - but Naylor has reported that Potter is happy to include him as part of his squad if he stays. (Which now seems likely although some talk of Turkish interest). It would be quite the turnaround if it happens but then who imagined Duffy would be an assured regular again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“Big Jürg has been introduced back into the squad and has an opportunity, he is a talented player, he has to knuckle down and show what he can do.”

Paraphrasing Potter, fans forum.

#the real ones don’t leave.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“Big Jürg has been introduced back into the squad and has an opportunity, he is a talented player, he has to knuckle down ..................
It was all going so well up to there!

I'll happily eat my words if he ever does come good, but TBH, being a big target man who is not good at heading the ball does not augur well!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
“Big Jürg has been introduced back into the squad and has an opportunity, he is a talented player, he has to knuckle down and show what he can do.”

Paraphrasing Potter, fans forum.

Graham Potter:
“Jurgen’s back from his loan and is being reintroduced to the group and the squad and has an opportunity to show what he can do.
He’s got talent, he has ability. Things haven’t quite worked out for him the way he would have liked since he’s been here. He needs to knuckle down and show what he can do.
There’s a player in there.”

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Graham Potter:
“Jurgen’s back from his loan and is being reintroduced to the group and the squad and has an opportunity to show what he can do.
He’s got talent, he has ability. Things haven’t quite worked out for him the way he would have liked since he’s been here. He needs to knuckle down and show what he can do.
There’s a player in there.”
Well, it's not the squad of strikers that most of us would have wanted from the resources available, but it is what it is. Just going to have to accept it for now.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It was all going so well up to there!

I'll happily eat my words if he ever does come good, but TBH, being a big target man who is not good at heading the ball does not augur well!

But is he the big target man ? Is that part of the problem ?
We all wanted / expected / demanded a Murray replacement
So he was never going to meet those expectations
Perhaps that was not the clubs idea at the time
Maybe JL was brought in to play more as an inside forward / inverted winger in a 443 formation with AJ on the opposite flank
Still waiting on the Murray replacement though !
Surely the clues were there for all to see ,When he stated very early on heading was not big part of his game and he needed to work on aspect
I don’t know if he can turn it around at the Albion or not
But would be extremely happy if he can score a few goals and show the right attitude given an opportunity to redeem himself
Which I think will happen due to our forwards propensity to get hurt
Although I expect Leo to get pushed further forward before that happens

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Graham Potter:
There’s a player in there.

Then he is bloody well hidden.

If he couldn't make it in the MLS ffs on what basis could anybody conclude that he is good enough for the EPL even for a little #teamlikebrighton ?

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
It is the problem! A big target man (he is big, and he masquerades as a striker, right?) who isn't very good at heading a ball.

its not just that his lack of effort is unforgiveable, he never wants to win the ball even on the floor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here