NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well....

he's not quick
he's not skilful
he's not good in the air
his technique with ball at feet is not great from what I've seen generally
he doesn't seem to work that hard - certainly when compared to a Maupay or Barnes

It's hard to work out exactly what sort of striker he's meant to be, to be honest.

(I will obviously be delighted if he goes on a scoring run and this gets bounced endlessly...)

A back up to Welbeck wide left?

Certainly he can pick an attacking pass (Palace away 3-2, 2nd goal) and he can hit the ball very hard and very accurately (Millwall cup game) which is something we struggle with.

Can’t see him doing more than bench warming and appearing in the odd cup game but an injury crises would clearly change that. He is definitely 4th or 5th choice as the central No.9 though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Spot on - MLS standard is absolute turd and he was useless - really need to cut our losses on him.............................

Should we ignore his Bundesliga stats?

A goal every 130 minutes and an assist every 526 minutes.

Not bad in a top league not playing in a top club.

There are always two sides.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Should we ignore his Bundesliga stats?

A goal every 130 minutes and an assist every 526 minutes.

Not bad in a top league not playing in a top club.

There are always two sides.

He also scored 45 Eredivisie goals, and 34 assists in 7,529 minutes - 167 minutes/goal and 221 minutes/assist

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That is a worry.

All I can say is that Big Shane was struggling against St Johnstone last season and now bossing it in the PL.

Sometimes with the right environment, the right desire and the right support these transformations can occur.

But it starts from the player. If he gets his head down and fights for his chance and shows that on the pitch that he's committed to being a Brighton player, he'll be backed by the fans.

He'd be well advised to either stay off social media or put more things related to his job, rather than his hobby.

Not seen anything to make me think the above is likely. But hope it happens

I hear you. But it isn't as if he hasn't had chances. He just mostly looks like he couldn't be arsed. I can forgive players who fall short on ability but really try their hearts out. I can never forgive a player with talent who just doesn't want to put the graft and effort in.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well that’s then - 4 senior strikers til Jan at least after all - elsewhere it’s reported that Locadia has been named in our “25” squad.

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1435947586314244102?s=21

And so the scraping of the bottom of the barrel came to pass. I would have taken Zeqiri over Locadia any day. At least the young lad works hard and is committed. Oh well, Potter's decision. We had just better hope that the manager has got this one right.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Locadia's just become a simplistic NSC trope now IMHO, nice easy target for a cheap and nasty pile-on. Doubt many of us actually have many memories of his game play. Include myself in that. Lasting impressions from that memory of a few years ago was that he wasn't yet fully switched on to the rhythm and pace of the EPL, and seemed a bit hazy on the mechanics of the offside laws. Doesn't make him a bad person or a bad player or a figure of fun. Deserves a second chance IHMO. Much like Andone never got. Andone could have done a very decent job for us this season, given the opportunity. Or even a half-chance. But Benny Knows Best :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And so the scraping of the bottom of the barrel came to pass. I would have taken Zeqiri over Locadia any day. At least the young lad works hard and is committed. Oh well, Potter's decision. We had just better hope that the manager has got this one right.

Potter had multiple opportunities to pick Zeqiri as a striker last season but passed.
I think he only played about 30 minutes as a striker all season despite Welbeck/Maupay/Connolly absences.
(he played the rest of his limited minutes as a wing back)
So unlikely he'd have picked up much game time this season which for a 20/21 year old is not great for his development.
I guess no such worries re: Locadia spending the season on the bench or being 5th choice and giving him some cup / u23 try outs and hoping he comes good. Low risk i guess assuming we don't have 3 injuries at once. or 4 if you include Trossard. Didn't happen once last year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I occasionally open this thread only to promptly close it because of all the shite being written about him, who's still an Albion player and could possibly do a job.

He was never terrible for us. Certainly doesn't deserve to be a hate figure. I think maybe people don't like that he DJ's or something.

Would love it if he put in a good performance for us/bagged a goal.

Agreed. I don't hear anyone moaning that Lallana, Duffy, Steele are regularly on golf jaunts around the country in their downtime. I guess it is the big price tag that was attached to Locadia which didn't help - but not sure much of that is his fault. His club asked for it, our club paid it.

Winstanley probably should cop more flack given the amounts spent on Locadia, Ali J ... Best part of £40M right?

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Well that’s then - 4 senior strikers til Jan at least after all - elsewhere it’s reported that Locadia has been named in our “25” squad.

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1435947586314244102?s=21
Well Potter does like an extended integration lead in to their appearance in the matchday squad,.... let's hope he is up to speed by Christmas.... just in time to market him in the January window, .. those Dutch 3rd tier teams will be rushing to grab his services no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Locadia's just become a simplistic NSC trope now IMHO, nice easy target for a cheap and nasty pile-on. Doubt many of us actually have many memories of his game play. Include myself in that. Lasting impressions from that memory of a few years ago was that he wasn't yet fully switched on to the rhythm and pace of the EPL, and seemed a bit hazy on the mechanics of the offside laws. Doesn't make him a bad person or a bad player or a figure of fun. Deserves a second chance IHMO. Much like Andone never got. Andone could have done a very decent job for us this season, given the opportunity. Or even a half-chance. But Benny Knows Best :shrug:
Nothing cheap and nasty about this pile on.... extensive consideration and research.... every highlight reel has been examined, then discarded as pricey propoganda.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hoping we don't need to use him to be honest, but given the limited options, it makes sense to start him against Swansea and see what he can do.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Maybe more than we all care to admit.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Right, he’s back in the squad, maybe time to draw a line under the past and judge going forward.

* I’m guilty of this I’d happily admit

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
E-2CrxmWUAIHj_B.jpeg

At least he has remembered how to lace his boots up... Oh wait

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Great to see he's taking his last chance to impress so seriously

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
34 games and 3 goals over three years (including loan time away) is hardly overused and hardly prolific.

It implies that we realised we had bought a dud almost from the beginning. Neither manager seems to rate him.

How do we know he is back in the squad? He still isn't on the BHA website https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/mens-team

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here