Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Locadia stop slating him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Then he is bloody well hidden.

If he couldn't make it in the MLS ffs on what basis could anybody conclude that he is good enough for the EPL even for a little #teamlikebrighton ?

That is a worry.

All I can say is that Big Shane was struggling against St Johnstone last season and now bossing it in the PL.

Sometimes with the right environment, the right desire and the right support these transformations can occur.

But it starts from the player. If he gets his head down and fights for his chance and shows that on the pitch that he's committed to being a Brighton player, he'll be backed by the fans.

He'd be well advised to either stay off social media or put more things related to his job, rather than his hobby.

Not seen anything to make me think the above is likely. But hope it happens

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But is he the big target man ? Is that part of the problem ?
Maybe JL was brought in to play more as an inside forward / inverted winger in a 443 formation with AJ on the opposite flank

Well....

he's not quick
he's not skilful
he's not good in the air
his technique with ball at feet is not great from what I've seen generally
he doesn't seem to work that hard - certainly when compared to a Maupay or Barnes

It's hard to work out exactly what sort of striker he's meant to be, to be honest.

(I will obviously be delighted if he goes on a scoring run and this gets bounced endlessly...)

Last edited:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
It was all going so well up to there!

I'll happily eat my words if he ever does come good, but TBH, being a big target man who is not good at heading the ball does not augur well!

Has he ever really been seen as a target man? I thought he preferred to attack from the left - a sort of Dutch mirror image of Ali J ....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well....

he's not quick
he's not skilful
he's not good in the air
he doesn't seem to work that hard - certainly when compared to a Maupay or Barnes

It's hard to work out exactly what sort of striker he's meant to be, to be honest.

(I will obviously be delighted if he goes on a scoring run and this gets bounced endlessly...)

I suppose his game is penalty box poacher.

Not saying he's got the goals record to back this up, but he has scored a few for us, which you could say are tidy in the box finishes. The mega optimist in me says that there are plenty of strikers who've had decent careers without having loads more to their game than banging them in from 10 yards

The other part of me, the one who went to Southampton away where he comically fell over the ball, is less sure there's reason for optimism.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not saying he's got the goals record to back this up, but he has scored a few for us, which you could say are tidy in the box finishes.

3. Three. He's scored 3 goals for us - against Coventry, Swansea and Millwall.

Pretty small data set to work out what sort of striker he is...

JVacation

Jul 19, 2019
One thing I have always noticed with our strikers is that they always seem to have attitude issues, not the best focus or they just bottle it when it counts. The only one I can't really say this for is Welbeck. Maupay looks like he has this more under control now, Connolly confuses me with his attitude sometimes and Locadia looked okay for the first few games he played for us but then just fell off.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Sorry, but those are my straws and i'll clutch them if I bloody well want to

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am delighted Locadia is staying.

If nothing else it means we have scope to drop Connolly if he misbehaves.

Without a 4th striker then if Maupay and Welbeck are unavailable, Connolly gets to mess around at will with little prospect of sanction.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That is a worry.

All I can say is that Big Shane was struggling against St Johnstone last season and now bossing it in the PL.

Sometimes with the right environment, the right desire and the right support these transformations can occur.

But it starts from the player. If he gets his head down and fights for his chance and shows that on the pitch that he's committed to being a Brighton player, he'll be backed by the fans.

He'd be well advised to either stay off social media or put more things related to his job, rather than his hobby.

Not seen anything to make me think the above is likely. But hope it happens

Big difference is that Duffers is and was a PL level player before his loan to Celtic.

He'd proven that in the prior seasons, even winning our POS the previous season. The reason he was loaned out was not to do with his ability to defend, but because he did not fit into the managers system.

Can you say ANY of that about DJ Strollabout?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

To be honest I can't remember much about any of his goals, but a quick google indicates he has scored 6 goals for us.
The ones above and goals against Everton, Arsenal and Derby.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-locadia/alletore/spieler/166240/plus/0?saison=&verein=1237&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&minute=&pos=&torart=&stand=

Edit: I see I am late with this news

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Big difference is that Duffers is and was a PL level player before his loan to Celtic.

He'd proven that in the prior seasons, even winning our POS the previous season. The reason he was loaned out was not to do with his ability to defend, but because he did not fit into the managers system.

Can you say ANY of that about DJ Strollabout?

I'll refer you to my reply to Mellotron. Post 127

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He is dire, and has been proved to be so at every club he has signed for.... duffer of the highest order.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It is the problem! A big target man (he is big, and he masquerades as a striker, right?) who isn't very good at heading a ball.

It’s our expectations as supporters that he should be that type of player because of his physique and the fact Muzza was getting on in years
Did the club ever see him as that type of player to start with ?
Is he more of a channel runner similar to AC ?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Then he is bloody well hidden.

If he couldn't make it in the MLS ffs on what basis could anybody conclude that he is good enough for the EPL even for a little #teamlikebrighton ?

Spot on - MLS standard is absolute turd and he was useless - really need to cut our losses on him.............................

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I forget Locadia is here most of the time. Currently tying with Kemy Agustien for "Least Like a Footballer 'Footballer' Ever"
What?... worse than Leon Knight??... ** Oh I see, you said Like, I thought you said Liked.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Well....

he's not quick
he's not skilful
he's not good in the air

Someone saw something in him ?

Think you might be safe on this one ::wink:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yeh, I think you'd have more luck persuading people to stop slating player 1, if you didn't slate player 2 to try to make your point.

Locadia. We'd all love it if he came good. It truly would be a remarkable comeback. I'm not convinced GP is going to give him the time on the pitch in order to prove himself
If he wouldn't give Percy a fair shake,... Big Jurgen won't even get on the bench.... he is a 3rd tier journeyman striker.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has he ever really been seen as a target man? I thought he preferred to attack from the left - a sort of Dutch mirror image of Ali J ....

They signed a big forward player, with a promising goal return in the Eredivise. What 'label' would you think would be appropriate for such a player? - and what exactly do you think the recruitment team thought they were buying? They were after all, I seem to remember, seeking the fabled 'Murray replacement'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here