Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Locadia stop slating him.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
As his last MLS season didn't finish until the end of June, it could be that he was late returning to training so is a few weeks behind the rest of the players.

Assuming that there isn't a transfer pending in the next few weeks, it would be great to see him take some part in the Swansea game. He has shown an eye for a pass so maybe as one of the wide players up front might fit into the way we play. This is probably hopeless optimism but it would be good to have another option upfront.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Strange thread from a very strange OP.

What has Locadia done to warrant any praise? Must have missed it..

His goals against Arsenal and Everton won us 4 points in the 2018/19 season, without which we'd have been relegated.

He also scored goals against Derby and Millwall in the FA Cup which got us a day out at Wembley.

:shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
His goals against Arsenal and Everton won us 4 points in the 2018/19 season, without which we'd have been relegated.

He also scored goals against Derby and Millwall in the FA Cup which got us a day out at Wembley.

He always looked ok to me. Thing is its GP he needs to impress and that's where it's gone wrong

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hughton had his favourites and that’s why JL never had a run in the team, he scored against Coventry, Swansea and then he never seemed to play much. Good goals against Arsenal & Everton when he finally had a spell in the side due to Murray’s injury.

These threads backing Connolly & Locadia are only here because yet again we failed to bring in a quality attacking option. None of these two would get a look in at another PL side and that for me answers the questions.

OK so who is the following journeyman hopeless old rubbish and what happened next (clue, a bit of coaching and patience were afforded him)?

Who.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

And disappeared into obscurity soon after whilst we have been paying him.

Would be interesting to see how disinterested he is if given another opportunity.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't follow players twitter or anything, but i'm not seeing anything which indicates he even considers himself an Albion player ... apart from on pay day.

Even Andone managed a few declarations of wanting to fight for a place

So you are pretty much saying that he didnt tell it to you personally..?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OK so who is the following journeyman hopeless old rubbish and what happened next (clue, a bit of coaching and patience were afforded him)?

View attachment 140173
I would suggest Bamford's attitude has had a lot to do with his rebirth as a decent Premier league striker.

Whenever the going has got tough for Locadia, he's whinged in the press about not getting a chance. Has Bamford ever done that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's evidence of "no", not "yes". He is not moaning that he doesn't get a chance (well actually, except his short loan spell at Burnley), he's moaning that people say he doesn't want it enough when he contests that isn't the case.

I did note from the article that he was Championship player of the year at Middlesbrough. When has Locadia ever managed something like that?

By and large, Locadia strikes me as a Championship striker with the ability to do something outrageous every now and then. His goal against Millwall was very well taken, but he hasn't really done an awful lot else has he?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So you are pretty much saying that he didnt tell it to you personally..?

More saying he didn't appear in any friendlies, not in the training photos, not interviewed for the club website, not mentioned by the manager when asked about our options, not referred to in the clubs social media

Do excuse me if there was one occasion where he was name checked or something, but i'm not seeing the signs that this is a player or manager who wants to play here or a manager who wants to play him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would suggest Bamford's attitude has had a lot to do with his rebirth as a decent Premier league striker.

Whenever the going has got tough for Locadia, he's whinged in the press about not getting a chance. Has Bamford ever done that?

Did little Pat not make some comments when he wanted to get the hell out of shitehole park? Mind you, that's probably understandable: lolol:

No, I get your point. Albeit, if it took Bamford till recently to come good with a good attitude, it may take Big Jurds much less time if he can sort out his attitude.

Not going to happen though, is it?

One can but hope.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I am probably shooting myself in the foot but i still feel there is a player in there somewhere,it is his attitude and peceived lack of effort that it is the problem

It must have been obvious when we signed him he was not a Hughton player.He was not a target man,did not track back when played wide and could not play as a second striker as we did not play that system

Is he a fox-in -the box? Has he been given the chance? As stated on another thread i would rather see him in the squad than Connolly

There iv said it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here