Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan rumours

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
.Piers - since the last Albion tour here, the league has been taken over by the FAI, theres been some massive investment by them and the title sponsor, its moved to a summer season and theres been a 30 to 50% rise in attendences across the board. The standard has massively, massively improved. Doesn't help those that live in the past, though.

I have to say I was surprised at the end of the transfer window at the number of players heading over there. However I would guess that the league still suffers from players heading over to the UK, either to the top clubs or further down the scale to get themselves in the shop window.

Also it cannot help that English clubs do seem to take the best youngsters over to their academies.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So why is Joe O'Cearuill playing for the team second in the league? It can't be THAT good...

Anyway Flinders would be a good signing, the only problem is to get him permanently we'd have to give money to Palace. And if we only loan him, than we are improving him for them. :nono:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Anyone fancy getting back to some loan rumours? I need my daily intake before I go mad :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Baz Savage scenario is based on the fact that now the window is closed clubs are more desperate if they tried unsuccesfully to sign a striker, like we did on many occassions, so would therefore be more inclined to pay over the odds over perhaps a12 month contract thus meaning the yearly wage would be greater. The prime example of this is us, we signed him for 12 months at the end of the deadline.

Paul Furlong is still producing the goods and scoring goals irrespective of age as does Dion Dublin, Teddy Sheringham etc at a higher level. Stanley Matthews played in the top division at 50 years old and continued playing in the Maltese league until 72. If you have the skill and ability and can stay mobile and fit age is no problem. Paul Furlong is faster and more mobile than Gatting but we play him
or put him on the bench. He is also a far better player than Revell but we played him as first choice.

It is my belief that the League of Ireland is generally lower standard than our div 1 because a team wins a couple of games that does not mean that they are infinitely better than those teams in general terms, if so Havant & Waterlooville should be elected to the Championship next season instead of Swansea or alternatively they are better than us because they scored 4 goals away in the cup we couldnt score one there.

I would love us to sign Flinders for £300k because IMO it would be an investment as we would be able to sell him to a top club in about 3 or 4 years time.

If we have £300k, then we should spend it elsewhere... we DO NOT NEED A KEEPER AS A PRIORITY... we are short one winger and one central midfielder... they have to be higher priority at this time...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
are loans a bit dangerous because are we not allowed to keep them longer than 3 months so they would miss the play offs if we made them? So say we get Currie in and he guides us to Wembley only for his loan to end before the game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
are loans a bit dangerous because are we not allowed to keep them longer than 3 months so they would miss the play offs if we made them? So say we get Currie in and he guides us to Wembley only for his loan to end before the game.

rather that than we don't and don't make it (not saying that will happen, either way)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here