Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan rumours

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We could then sign the player as an out of contract player presumably. If so why couldnt Chippy sign for a club higher than Welling or was it because we would only cancel his contract to go to a lower club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think the club should worry more about actually getting to the play offs first.

100% agree... and said so earlier... how fcuking stupid on the club's part... we have 4 injured midfielders, and they may delay on the off-chance that we might get in the play-offs... absolute fcuking idiots...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, if we signed anyone today, they would have to return on 11th MAY by my calculations. That would only allow them to play in the league programme, and possibly the first leg of a play-off game. In that case, it's probably better to wait a couple of weeks. I appreciate we need to get players in if we're to reach the play-offs, but there's no point in signing the players to get us there if we've got no chance in them once they've gone. I'd sacrifice having a decent midfield for the next couple of games and then be safe in the knowledge than any loanees could be used at WEMBLEY!

Why? The next couple of weeks are vital if we are to have ANY chance of the playoff's... does not make any sense at all to wait...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Why cant we sign somoner for 2 months now, then wait a week or 2 and then sign them for another month thus letting them play in the playoffs, if we get there!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
We could then sign the player as an out of contract player presumably. If so why couldnt Chippy sign for a club higher than Welling or was it because we would only cancel his contract to go to a lower club.
no!

you can release a player at any time but you can't sign a player who has been released outside the tranfer window which is why chippy went to welling and why gillingham released 3 players on the 31st so they could sign for other teams

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
100% agree... and said so earlier... how fcuking stupid on the club's part... we have 4 injured midfielders, and they may delay on the off-chance that we might get in the play-offs... absolute fcuking idiots...

They are not are they? I thought that was just speculation from various posters and perhaps the Argus.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They are not are they? I thought that was just speculation from various posters and perhaps the Argus.

Could be right but, let's face it, the club are almost always too slow... I am sure they could have signed Currie on a perm if they had moved quicker...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here