Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading through this thread it seems like people are arguing whether the glass is half empty or half full.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I remember Liverpool rioting at Heysel, this killing 90 odd people whena wall collapsed. The scousers of course blamed everyone but themselves including the builders for not building the wall strong enough to withstand their riot. If that had been Millwall they would have closed down the den. They got us kicked out of Europe, had Daglish fall over at the Kop end to win a diving penalty on a very regular basis and when they are losing they get just like Man U ridiculous extra time. No respect for liverpool a all. They should have been shut down after Heysel

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't have anything but respect...arguably the best fans in Europe.

Ah yes, I see you've been reading Great English Football Myths, chapter 3, again.

If you read on through Chapters 4 and 5, you'll learn how the FA Cup is The Greatest Cup Competition In The World, bar none, as well as how football in this country didn't exist until SkySports invented it in 1992.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Liverpool , best comedy on the TV at the moment.:smile:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I remember Liverpool rioting at Heysel, this killing 90 odd people whena wall collapsed. The scousers of course blamed everyone but themselves including the builders for not building the wall strong enough to withstand their riot. If that had been Millwall they would have closed down the den. They got us kicked out of Europe, had Daglish fall over at the Kop end to win a diving penalty on a very regular basis and when they are losing they get just like Man U ridiculous extra time. No respect for liverpool a all. They should have been shut down after Heysel

What a complete load of bollocks. Stop buying The Sun-it's turning you into an idiot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't have anything but respect for the most successful club in English history with arguably the best fans in Europe.

The same fans who stole tickets of children in champions league final
and got english teams banned from europe?

:mendoza:

Booing the team off after a few defeats a classic example of that......:lol:

The words of a closet Liverpool fan.

A few broken irony-meters round here yesterday...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In the 80s Europe used to brace themselves for the thieving scousers visiting. True that.

Obviously you don't actually know much about Heysel.
It is the INTERNET AGE, why not do a little research before coming up with 'facts' like those?

edit; here, I've done it for you; Heysel Stadium Disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wall was "strong enough" to crush those seated next to it by the retreating fans, it had nothing to do with the collapse of the wall that people were killed.
That some locals were baiting Liverpool fans, spitting at them and throwing things at them may have had something to contribute to the affair, and the locals retreating when the fence gave way, maybe?
Knowing how foreign police laying into travelling fans for simply celebrating or waving scarves, while doing nothing about their own fans throwing dangerous objects and using threatening behavior, and how nasty Italians can be in a mob situation, I doubt that Heysel was completely down to Liverpool's supporters.

English football fans also have the stigma of a catchy name; 'hooligan', which 'discriminately' identifies our fans and ours only. Yes, we have them - but so do other footballing countries.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
North Stand Chat - View Single Post - Gerrard

Honestly as a Liverpool fan, i was happy he was withdrawn, which properly proves your point, but as it was a friendly i wasn't concerned to be honest.

And before i get shot down for being a 'glory hunter or premier league lover', my dad was born in Liverpool along with his family, so i have reasons to support them, and I'm a season ticket holder and go to lots of away games, so i can't be excused of not loving my local team as well.

Still think he was being ironic, hans?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ah yes, I see you've been reading Great English Football Myths, chapter 3, again.

If you read on through Chapters 4 and 5, you'll learn how the FA Cup is The Greatest Cup Competition In The World, bar none, as well as how football in this country didn't exist until SkySports invented it in 1992.

Ooo, I've read that book, but I'm pretty sure it says Newcastle have the best fans in the whole wide world ? No one can even get near them?

Or is that a different book?

:wozza:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ooo, I've read that book, but I'm pretty sure it says Newcastle have the best fans in the whole wide world ? No one can even get near them?

Or is that a different book?

:wozza:
When I read it it said Newcastle fans are the most 'loyal', Liverpool fans are the most 'knowledgable' and Man City fans are the most 'long-suffering'. I think it said that Chelsea had the best fans in the world - apparently some of them have been going since 2003.

PS - Have you got to the chapter yet where it says Spurs are a big club?

(Sorry! :lolol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here