Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
When I read it it said Newcastle fans are the most 'loyal', Liverpool fans are the most 'knowledgable' and Man City fans are the most 'long-suffering'. I think it said that Chelsea had the best fans in the world - apparently some of them have been going since 2003.

PS - Have you got to the chapter yet where it says Spurs are a big club?

(Sorry! :lolol:)

Yes, Yes I have.
It says something about having one of the biggest fanbases in the world, having won the FA Cup more times than anyone else bar United and Arsenal, being the first team to win the FA Cup as a Non-League side, being the first team to win the League & Cup double...shall I carry on?...:laugh::thumbsup:

There's a reason why people say they "Wanted" Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd round.....:wink:.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, Yes I have.
It says something about having one of the biggest fanbases in the world, having won the FA Cup more times than anyone else bar United and Arsenal, being the first team to win the FA Cup as a Non-League side, being the first team to win the League & Cup double...shall I carry on?...:laugh::thumbsup:

There's a reason why people say they "Wanted" Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd round.....:wink:.
Yes, a great history, you are definitely up there with the likes of Preston and Blackpool!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yes, a great history, you are definitely up there with the likes of Preston and Blackpool!

:fishing:

The lengths people go to get a bite. Just making yourself look stupid.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ah yes, I see you've been reading Great English Football Myths, chapter 3, again.

If you read on through Chapters 4 and 5, you'll learn how the FA Cup is The Greatest Cup Competition In The World, bar none, as well as how football in this country didn't exist until SkySports invented it in 1992.

When I read it it said Newcastle fans are the most 'loyal', Liverpool fans are the most 'knowledgable' and Man City fans are the most 'long-suffering'. I think it said that Chelsea had the best fans in the world - apparently some of them have been going since 2003.

PS - Have you got to the chapter yet where it says Spurs are a big club?

(Sorry! :lolol:)

Yes, Yes I have.

So P.D, you're saying that Spurs aren't a big club?

P.S one of your claims definitely isn't true...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The best thing about Liverpool and Man Utd (if you want to find anything at all to like) is the sheer quality of the songs they come up with, The Kop singing "The Fields of Anfield Road" & "Scouser Tommy" or Stretford end singing the "Park" song put our f***ing "Albioooon, Albiooon" dirge to shame.

Our best songs date back a good 20+ years and hark back to players like Peter Ward...we have only come up with "You're too ugly to be gay" in recent years as far as I can see...How come we don't make up any good songs at the Albion?

Hate to say it but we're a bit embarrassing on that front...most of our lot don't even know the words to GOSBT's FFS...we f***ing go "dur dur dur dur dur durrr dur.." all the way through it...Reminds me of my shock at hearing the Welsh fans not knowing the words to "men of Harlech" and humming all the way through that.

Thats why Chelsea stand out in the top 4 an newcomers or being a "Small Club" in stature despite their money...theres a lack of tradition with their club songs being about as piss poor as ours...even "The Blue Flag" is pretty unremarkable.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I s'pose your going on about the 'fanbase' one, then? But that certainly is true.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
If it was away I'd rather Spurs, I don't see what's so great about a quiet stadium.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Obviously you don't actually know much about Heysel.
It is the INTERNET AGE, why not do a little research before coming up with 'facts' like those?

edit; here, I've done it for you; Heysel Stadium Disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wall was "strong enough" to crush those seated next to it by the retreating fans, it had nothing to do with the collapse of the wall that people were killed.
That some locals were baiting Liverpool fans, spitting at them and throwing things at them may have had something to contribute to the affair, and the locals retreating when the fence gave way, maybe?
Knowing how foreign police laying into travelling fans for simply celebrating or waving scarves, while doing nothing about their own fans throwing dangerous objects and using threatening behavior, and how nasty Italians can be in a mob situation, I doubt that Heysel was completely down to Liverpool's supporters.

English football fans also have the stigma of a catchy name; 'hooligan', which 'discriminately' identifies our fans and ours only. Yes, we have them - but so do other footballing countries.

Mate, i watched Heysel on telly, but er have a read of that link you posted as it er says exactly what remember, fans goaded each other, scousrs rioted, chased Italians across the terrace, a wall collapsed 39 people were killed, 30 or 40 or so scousers were extradited of whom a few were convicted of manslaughter and served time in jail. I think you listen to the revisionist history that is spouted by the likes of Alan Green and all liverpool loving press that we have to put up with. Oh and dont forget the friendly extra time, friendly free kicks and penalties as well for a reason to dislike them. But most of all its the "its never our fault" attitude that gets on my nerves. When Millwall sing "murderers" at the scousers they hate it as they think everyone should be brainwashed by now. Sorry mate, I'm not and nor are loads of others that remember Heysel.If they had the balls to stick their hand in the air and accept responsibility then I might have some respect for them but until they do, then no they are number 1 on my dislike list, well eual first with palace obviously

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Some of the best atmospheres in football have been created on the Kop, unique people, starting the trend of singing on the terraces, and fashion of the terraces, the most successful team in England and some of the most loyal fans in the world, if you dismiss that it's clear you just a rampant anti premier leauge person.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Some of the best atmospheres in football have been created on the Kop, unique people, starting the trend of singing on the terraces, and fashion of the terraces, the most successful team in England and some of the most loyal fans in the world, if you dismiss that it's clear you just a rampant anti premier leauge person.

:fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here