Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
albionu.jpg

:ohmy:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
It's not physically possible to get a train back to Liverpool after the match, not unless we started at 4pm or they spend the night kipping on a train seat.

I can't see 2,500 wanting to stay over on a weekday (but just think of all the extra business for Lewes hotels)

Last edited:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
It's not physically possible to get a train back to Liverpool after the match, not unless we started at 4pm or they spend the night kipping on a train seat.

I can't see 2,500 wanting to stay over on a weekday (but just think of all the extra business for Lewes hotels)

Suspect most of Liverpool's support will not actually be from Liverpool or have any connection at all to the city.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I am awaiting how they will deal with the United/Spurs/Liverpool/Leeds/Brighton Sky issue.

Well Leeds v Man Utd has been allocated the Tuesday date, with Man Utd playing the Sunday. However don't assume the same for Brighton, the big difference will be in travel arrangements. With Brighton being at home for both Liverpool and Leeds it may be argued that we can take the hit of losing a day as there will be no travel involved, whereas both Liverpool and Leeds have a fair way to go coming here. Although I guess Liverpool could stay darn sath after the Spurs game.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Suspect most of Liverpool's support will not actually be from Liverpool or have any connection at all to the city.

you got that right, money's money all the same, it's just a disgrace that maybe if we knock liverpool out said away fans will probably support us :) as i said though, money's money.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Any idea when we will know the date? I am in Cornwall all that week so need to book flights back!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Any idea when we will know the date? I am in Cornwall all that week so need to book flights back!

You will probably be able to get a lift on the Liverpool supporters bus.

I will be coming from Liverpool however so will have to drive myself.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If it's a f*** up you want in football - just get Sky involved. :facepalm:

Why is this Sky's fault? League games were arranged an age ago and its not their fault we are playing the Friday night

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is this Sky's fault? League games were arranged an age ago and its not their fault we are playing the Friday night

Because once upon a time, you'd have had Saturday matches and Tuesday or Wednesday matches.

Liverpool are playing Spurs on Sunday, because Spurs are playing Thursday. They're playing Thursday to accommodate TV. Everything from there gets knocked on without consideration for anything or anyone else.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Because once upon a time, you'd have had Saturday matches and Tuesday or Wednesday matches.

Liverpool are playing Spurs on Sunday, because Spurs are playing Thursday. They're playing Thursday to accommodate TV. Everything from there gets knocked on without consideration for anything or anyone else.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but aren't Spurs playing on Thursday in Europe? If so then that's down to UEFA scheduling, yes UEFA sold out to Television but with the European competitions but that's down to them not Sky.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disappointed if it does turn out to the Wed, come the Palace game the players will be done in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here