Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Tickets

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Not so good for the players though. 2 hard games in two days followed by Palace four days later.

I would have been GUTTED to miss this. I have missed out on Tottenham and West Ham cup tickets in the past for no good reason (considering I've been a season ticket holder throughout the Gillingham & Withdean years), due to poor decisions by the club. The last thing I would have wanted is to finally get the opportunity to see us against a big club (Aston Villa aside) and miss it due to my own circumstances.

I am absolutely delighted with this decision and believe Gus will be able to use the strength of our squad to field good sides in all 3 games.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
To be fair Liverpool fans are going to be rushing for this one, after all it is their Cup Final, seriously though don't they have an away season ticket which includes cup games, or priority purchase, as well?

That's not the case. They have a loyalty system and it's likely it will go to season ticket holders who went to say their previous 6 CC games, then 4, etc. And the away end will be sold out no doubt.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Which surely makes it the fault of UEFA and the associations.

Actually, it all comes back to the clubs because they are the ones that clamour for the TV money in the first place and threaten breakaways if not. So you get ridiculously long competitions with unnecessary group stages to maximise revenue. Which they then moan about endlessly.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
It's not physically possible to get a train back to Liverpool after the match, not unless we started at 4pm or they spend the night kipping on a train seat.

I can't see 2,500 wanting to stay over on a weekday (but just think of all the extra business for Lewes hotels)

If they can get the time to travel on endless European cup ties, I'm sure Brighton won't be an issue. Specially as the Carling Cup is this year Euro away :p

houlio

May 9, 2008
Just had a bizarre conversation regarding Liverpool tickets.

Our receptionist asked me if I could get her 17 year old son a ticket for the Liverpool game, I explained I couldn’t but he should go on the website when the tickets are released. When I explained that if he has never had a ticket before for any match ever he will be at the back of a very long queue she actually started getting angry and saying It’s not fair that people who go all the time get priority as it should be shared around.

Then the absolute gem “he’s supported Liverpool all his life and never seen them, can he buy your ticket?”:moo:

I’ve never told a colleague or a Woman to Eff Off before, today I killed to birds with one stone.
one of my favourite posts ever!! my wife comes out with stuff like that!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here