Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Tickets

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I spoke to the club who confirmed that we want to play on Tuesday and Liverpuddle want to play on Wednesday. Or it could be the week after, or even on a weekend. Still up in the air.

An estimated 200 or so tickets will go on general sale.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I spoke to the club who confirmed that we want to play on Tuesday and Liverpuddle want to play on Wednesday. Or it could be the week after, or even on a weekend. Still up in the air.

It can't be the week after (Palace).

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

i thought it was the 20th?

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
We cannot be expected to play Liverpool on Wednesday and Leeds on Friday, nor postpone Palace

Liverpool argument will be we cannot possibly play Tottenham on Sunday and Brighton Tuesday hence the problem with fixing a date for this particular match.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That might just be the initial allocation. If they sell those rapidly they may come back for the rest.

I think they have to apply for the 15% within three days. Sale or return. Other clubs have returned tickets in the past, but I would not expect Liverpool to. 2500 or less is the allocation Liverpool would get for visits to Stoke, Blackburn etc.

I have never noticed a large contingent of Liverpool supporters at the Goldstone or any of the northern clubs. Even those clubs with southern supporters.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think they have to apply for the 15% within three days. Sale or return. Other clubs have returned tickets in the past, but I would not expect Liverpool to. 2500 or less is the allocation Liverpool would get for visits to Stoke, Blackburn etc.

I have never noticed a large contingent of Liverpool supporters at the Goldstone or any of the northern clubs. Even those clubs with southern supporters.

Fair play! That bodes well for those non STH's then. :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And Liverpool will lose a day travelling, whereas we won't ???

Not if they stay down south they won't.

Anyone know what happens if the clubs can't agree? Do they toss a coin? Go to a panel? Let home team decide?

One option is that Liverpool could switch the Spurs game to the Saturday. I know they'd lose TV money but that's what we did last year when our Plymouth game clashed with the Stoke match. We can't switch our Friday game so that's not an option for us.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Not if they stay down south they won't.

Anyone know what happens if the clubs can't agree? Do they toss a coin? Go to a panel? Let home team decide?

One option is that Liverpool could switch the Spurs game to the Saturday. I know they'd lose TV money but that's what we did last year when our Plymouth game clashed with the Stoke match. We can't switch our Friday game so that's not an option for us.

But Spurs are in the Europa League on the Thursday

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I have no idea but I would be amazed (and given a renewed optimism about English football) if we were to win this argument. I can't help thinking that, however inaccurately, the "helping English teams (i.e. Spurs) out in Europe" line somehow gets thrown into this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have no idea but I would be amazed (and given a renewed optimism about English football) if we were to win this argument. I can't help thinking that, however inaccurately, the "helping English teams (i.e. Spurs) out in Europe" line somehow gets thrown into this.

I tend to agree. Sadly, as I can make the Tuesday but not the Wednesday, but I'm sure it's going to be the latter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Did you take into consideration LFC are entitled to 50 comps as per CC rules ? If tickets go on general sale they'll probably be allocated by loyalty points which means all the non STHs who have gone to ALL home and away games this season will get first priority.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Liverpool argument will be we cannot possibly play Tottenham on Sunday and Brighton Tuesday hence the problem with fixing a date for this particular match.

And the Carling Cup Management Committee will agree with them :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So Man Utd are happy to play Sunday/Tuesday ???

Sky could go for a double whammy and show both games on the same night , one game on SS1 and the other on SS2.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if we and Leeds play on the Wednesday as both of us would have the same time to recover.

Man U will probably field a reserve side against Leeds so probably won't care that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here