Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool reaction to the Carling Cup Draw

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hmmm....the scousers and then the looters from Croydon both visiting within a week.

Might it be worth packing the concourse plasmas away for a bit ?
:lolol:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Please don't post utter nonsense.

A) If they want 15%, yes they will get it, and half of the usual general sale seats in the East stand - The West stand general sale tickets will still be available
B) In our last 2 Carling Cup matches - there have been over 4000 tickets available on the day it went on general sale. In all stands.

If you don't have a ST and Liverpool take the 15% you will still be able to choose from ANY of the stand if you want a ticket. You will just need to be quick off the mark.

It's rubbish touted around like this that spreads rumours that it's impossible to get a ticket for Brighton.

Spot on sir. Based on facts and past evidence, unlike most of the other crap spoken about tickets !

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If you are going to quote me, please quote me fully.

If you are not a STH and you have a purchase history you you go online, on the phones or visit the shop the day they go on sale - you 100% will get a ticket.

I hope I am getting people's hopes up - I should do - They hope to go - They will - if they are organised.

And to prove my point - if there are no tickets left the day after they go on general sale, I will donate £50 to the Robert Eton fund - will you do the same?

My point is not that there wont be tickets but that the capacity in the West is reduced due to the East stand STH being guaranteed a seat in the West on cup games. That is why i only quoted that part of your previous post, as it was the most concise and pertinent way. There is no point to prove, as i agree if people get their bum in gear early enough no doubt they will be receiving one of Willy Wonka's golden tickets.

I would be very happy to match you on a wager for REMF but maybe on something that i have half a chance of winning! How about official attendance (21000-21500, 21500-22000 for example).

Sergei.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Quote from Liverpool 'fan' on one of those threads:

"I am soooooooooo desperate to get a ticket. I would literally give my right arm.

I have lived in Brighton most my life, but have never supported the Seagulls (what a rubbish name anyway) probably mainly due to the fact that they didn't take me on as a youngster and I ended up at Palace for a while instead, if I'm honest. As a result I actually developed a lot of resentment for them, especially when they started to do well.

Got so many Brighton supporter mates who already think they will do us over. Since the new stadium around here has been built, and with promotion last season, there is suddenly a real big buzz around Brighton and the team, and they have made a fantastic start to life in the Championship, sitting proudly atop of the league after 5 games.

I went to the first ever game at the 'AmEx' stadium (just to see what it was like really) and you could sense there is a real feeling of expectation as now, with the club under new owners, and a very good young manager in Poyet, they sense the premiership may be coming in the next couple of years.

Saying all that, I would love to be sitting in the Liverpool end when we rump that back down to Earth!!! Shame, as I have no chance of getting a ticket :-("

:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
QI have lived in Brighton most my life, but have never supported the Seagulls (what a rubbish name anyway) probably mainly due to the fact that they didn't take me on as a youngster and I ended up at Palace for a while instead

So basically, he hates us because he's shit at football.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
When does the official date for the game get announced,I'm on holiday that week so need to book flights back for the day,godbless easyjet and there low fares!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My point is not that there wont be tickets but that the capacity in the West is reduced due to the East stand STH being guaranteed a seat in the West on cup games. ..........................................
Sergei.

There weren't ANY Season Tickets sold in the area that is needed when the away fans take up the 15% allocation.

So no effect on West Stand Tickets available!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
When does the official date for the game get announced,I'm on holiday that week so need to book flights back for the day,godbless easyjet and there low fares!

When the 2 Clubs agree on the date basically.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My point is not that there wont be tickets but that the capacity in the West is reduced due to the East stand STH being guaranteed a seat in the West on cup games. That is why i only quoted that part of your previous post, as it was the most concise and pertinent way. There is no point to prove, as i agree if people get their bum in gear early enough no doubt they will be receiving one of Willy Wonka's golden tickets.

I would be very happy to match you on a wager for REMF but maybe on something that i have half a chance of winning! How about official attendance (21000-21500, 21500-22000 for example).

Sergei.

I thought that the first few blocks in the south end of the East stand were not used for ST holders because the club didn't want to have to move anyone if we had a cup game and the opposition took the entire 15% allocation they were entitled to.

I believe that area is used mainly for staff, friends and family, competition winners, complementaries etc.. and anything left is then put on general sale. I can't see the club giving away complementary tickets (such as to local schools etc) for this one which they might do for a league match (as they used to at Withdean). - i can see the club limiting how many of these types of tickets will be available to staff, etc helping to maximise gate reciept profits.

Also I assume that the East concourse area itself can be divided in this situation, just like the away stand?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there is, my mate and his wife sit in them.

The club have stated on numerous occasions that no season tickets would be sold in the blocks of the East Stand nearest the South Stand as they would have to be reserved for cup matches to allow the 15% allocation rule. They are matchday only seats for League games and part of the "up to 1,500 matchday tickets" the club said would be available for regular games.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right , I've worked it out to be

Liverpools 15% = 3,375
+ our 18500 STHs = 21875
+ 200 "segregation" = 22075
= 425 general sale?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Please don't post utter nonsense.

A) If they want 15%, yes they will get it, and half of the usual general sale seats in the East stand - The West stand general sale tickets will still be available
B) In our last 2 Carling Cup matches - there have been over 4000 tickets available on the day it went on general sale. In all stands.

If you don't have a ST and Liverpool take the 15% you will still be able to choose from ANY of the stand if you want a ticket. You will just need to be quick off the mark.

It's rubbish touted around like this that spreads rumours that it's impossible to get a ticket for Brighton.

I agree with you. I'm not a STH holder, so I have to believe, but from my experience from Donny where pretty much everyone thought matchday tickets would be an absolute bun fight, but they remained on sale for 2 days, I do believe it'll be possible for non-STH to get tickets. I have been waiting online the moment matchday tickets have gone on sale and so far have had no problems in nabbing tickets. I expect this to be the toughest game of all to get tickets for, but I'd be amazed if 18,000 STH nab their seats, considering they have to physically reserve them.

A question; my Aunt is a STH in the East Stand but myself, my dad and his mate aren't. Could my Aunt choose not to reserve her seat in the East Stand when the tickets go on sale to STH and instead purchase 4 in the West Stand, for example?

right , I've worked it out to be

Liverpools 15% = 3,375
+ our 18500 STHs = 21875
+ 200 "segregation" = 22075
= 425 general sale?
... and, if there was a functioning ticket exchange, a few more from folk like me who can't get to the game. Although I guess I could just not order one and the Club would sell my seat when they go on general sale.

Or I dare say I could find a way of helping a mate get to the game by buying my seat and selling it on.

I might introduce my own loyalty scheme, based on how many pints of Harveys I've been bought over the past 20 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here