Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool reaction to the Carling Cup Draw

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I hope the club gets the pricing policy right.

I do not want countless threads about the price.

I mean this is only the league cup

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
what really pissed me off about those scousers comments on their sites is that they have stated "we will have to sit in the home end".

Even if they do go on general sale, i beg you all, please do not buy these tickets for liverpool fans.

The reason is simple, you will be depriving a Brighton fan of a seat, it will compromise on our atmosphere.

Not only that, if you were to buy a ticket for someone, and they were to kick off etc, you potentially could be held responsible. The same as if you were to hand your season ticket over to someone.

If you get asked by any liverpool supporting friends, tell them to go through the Liverpool site, and get an away ticket. Keep the Blue and White end pure, and we will all be able to sit in confidence and watch the game, without having to hold on to our wallets....

No double standards on here I'm glad to see.

How many times have Albion fans been on here talking about getting tickets for home ends when they couldn't get tickets because they didn't qualify or they had sold out?

I don't want Liverpool fans in Albion seats before you say anything-it's the double standards of the situation. OK for Albion fans, not OK for fans of other clubs. Remember the outrage last season when FCUM were talking about doing what Albion fans did for West Ham, Spurs, Villa etc?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I hope the club gets the pricing policy right.

I do not want countless threads about the price.

I mean this is only the league cup

Charge full price just as a one-off. Few fans will begrudge this for the occasion and opposition (Suarez, Dowing, Adam, Enrique & Co).
Maximise the cash for Gus. Our squad could be made even better.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
No double standards on here I'm glad to see.

How many times have Albion fans been on here talking about getting tickets for home ends when they couldn't get tickets because they didn't qualify or they had sold out?

I don't want Liverpool fans in Albion seats before you say anything-it's the double standards of the situation. OK for Albion fans, not OK for fans of other clubs. Remember the outrage last season when FCUM were talking about doing what Albion fans did for West Ham, Spurs, Villa etc?

I agree, and i for one, would never sit in the home end of an opposing team.... it is wrong!!!

I seriously doubt that any general sale tickets will even appear.

Approx 18,000 season ticket/1901 holders? I cannot see many turning down the opportunity to see Liverpool at the Amex, even if people cannot make it, they'll know a friend who wants to go in their place.
3,375 (15%) Liverpool tickets will be available if they want them.
That's 21,375 total tickets potentially sold straight away.

With around 22,500 capacity, that leaves 1,125 spare seats/tickets. I'd be suprised if a vast majority of these weren't given away to complimentaries or corporate sponsors etc.

But, never say never I guess.

We have a no show rate of nearly 10% when STH's don't have to pay for a game - We even had a no show rate of over 5% for our 1st game at the Amex (I'm guessing even more eagerly anticipated than Liverpool)

This game will sell out, but not until at least 48h after they go on general sale.

I estimate that after the ST priority period ends, there will still be 2500 tickets (twice what is usually available for a regular league game) available for the general sale. About 500 of these will be in the WSL (non ST seats) and the other 2000 from all other stands.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Charge full price just as a one-off. Few fans will begrudge this for the occasion and opposition (Suarez, Dowing, Adam, Enrique & Co).
Maximise the cash for Gus. Our squad could be made even better.

Sunderland was "full price" and I'm sure this won't be any different.

I thought that the first few blocks in the south end of the East stand were not used for ST holders because the club didn't want to have to move anyone if we had a cup game and the opposition took the entire 15% allocation they were entitled to.

I believe that area is used mainly for staff, friends and family, competition winners, complementaries etc.. and anything left is then put on general sale. I can't see the club giving away complementary tickets (such as to local schools etc) for this one which they might do for a league match (as they used to at Withdean). - i can see the club limiting how many of these types of tickets will be available to staff, etc helping to maximise gate reciept profits.

Also I assume that the East concourse area itself can be divided in this situation, just like the away stand?

Yes it can - There is a shutter right down the far end of the East stand. Although the shutter is the wrong side to allow away fans in through the southerly East stand entrance. I can only assume they will all still enter via the South stand but be able to move round

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree, and i for one, would never sit in the home end of an opposing team.... it is wrong!!!

It's very weird. I've done this four times (well, stood not sat). The first time was against Everton when I was with a big group of scousers; the second time was against Wolves when I was with my then girlfriend (a Wolves supporter);against Cambridge Utd when Robbie Reinelt scored an equaliser and finally against Gillingham when we lost 3-0. The last two were because the away team allocation had sold out and, against Cambridge, the old bill fished a few of us and put us in the Brighton end any way.

It's not something I'd recommend.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would imagine if / when they were to put tickets on general sale, anyone wishing to buy will have to be on the clubs database and have brought a ticket within the last 3 years just like they did with the Doncaster game.

This will minimise the chances for the Liverpool fans buying tickets for the home end

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I can only recall playing them in the League Cup once, when they murdered us 4-0 and Paul Walsh scored a hat-trick. It would have been twice that but they got bored very quickly.

Last four FA Cup games though have been

Liverpool 1 Albion 2 (1983)
Albion 2 Liverpool 0 (1984)
Liverpool 2 Albion 2 (1991)
Albion 2 Liverpool 3 (1991 replay, after we were 2-1 up in extra time I think)

Having sung"Ian Ian Rush when he gets the ball he does f*** all Ian Ian Rush" for about an hour... imagine my surprize when he scored two goals in the last 5 mins... i think..... (hazy memory"

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine if / when they were to put tickets on general sale, anyone wishing to buy will have to be on the clubs database and have brought a ticket within the last 3 years just like they did with the Doncaster game.

This will minimise the chances for the Liverpool fans buying tickets for the home end

I would expect the Club will use the loyalty points system, and only sell tickets to fans that have already bought tickets for this Season

It's very weird. I've done this four times (well, stood not sat). The first time was against Everton when I was with a big group of scousers; the second time was against Wolves when I was with my then girlfriend (a Wolves supporter);against Cambridge Utd when Robbie Reinelt scored an equaliser and finally against Gillingham when we lost 3-0. The last two were because the away team allocation had sold out and, against Cambridge, the old bill fished a few of us and put us in the Brighton end any way.

It's not something I'd recommend.
If it was the Cambridge game that saw Paul Rogers sent off, I remember a group of us simply presenting ourselves to the stewards in the Cambridge end before kick-off, and immediately being offered places in the Albion end. No hassle at all.

The stats show that Albion supporters made up 22 per cent of the crowd that day.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool best team: (?)

---------------------Reina--------------------------

??????--------Carragher-------Agger-----------Enrique

--------Gerrard-----Lucas----------Adam-----------

--------Suarez------Carroll--------Downing----------

BENCH:
Doni
Kelly
Coates
Maxi
Henderson
Kuyt
Bellamy

For your bonus (harder) question, what is the best Albion team this year?

Who will Liverpool play at right back ? Click on the Smilies.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I would expect the Liverpool to be this

---------------------Doni--------------------------

Flanagan--------Coates-------Skrtel-----------Robinson

---Maxi---------Spearing-----Shelvey--------Downing------

--------Bellamy-------Kuyt-----------------

And if so, their weakness will be the wings where nooney or KLL should run riot.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool team v Exeter

Liverpool
25 Reina
22 Wilson
37 Skrtel
38 Flanagan
49 Robinson
04 Meireles (Carroll 20)
11 Maxi
14 Henderson
20 Spearing
26 Adam (Shelvey 77)
07 Suarez (Downing 59)
Substitutes
32 Doni, 03 Jose Enrique, 23 Carragher, 19 Downing, 33 Shelvey, 09 Carroll, 18 Kuyt

v Bolton

25 Reina
03 Jose Enrique
05 Agger
23 Carragher
34 Kelly (Skrtel 30)
14 Henderson (Maxi 76)
19 Downing
21 Lucas
26 Adam
07 Suarez (Carroll 76)
18 Kuyt
Substitutes
32 Doni, 37 Skrtel, 49 Robinson, 11 Maxi, 20 Spearing, 33 Shelvey, 09 Carroll

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or:

------------------------Reina-----------------------
Johnson-----Carragher------Agger-----Enrique
------------------------Lucas-----------------------
------Henderson------Gerrard--------Adam------
-------------- Suarez--------------Downing-------

Subs:
Doni
Kelly
Coates
Spearing
Bellamy
Carroll
Kuyt

Question: Are Coates, Bellamy & Vicente allowed to play in this round?

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Having sung"Ian Ian Rush when he gets the ball he does f*** all Ian Ian Rush" for about an hour... imagine my surprize when he scored two goals in the last 5 mins... i think..... (hazy memory"

I remember singing "Sit down dalglish sit down, Sit down dalglish sit down"

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here