Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool reaction to the Carling Cup Draw

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
"Need to watch out for these lot, they start kicking teams when theyre losing. They have a horrible little rat at CB called Lewis Dunk who won't be afraid to break Suarez leg given the chance."

Also from Red&WhiteKop. And they say Liverpool fans are knowledgeable :tosser:

What's the chances that poster had been speaking to a Donny fan!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Seems to be a general feeling of goodwill towards us which is nice. All reckon we'll give them a game - which we could on our day.

didn't like this comment. These kind of persistent observations from a few people on the internet can lead to unwarranted reputations being gained. "Need to watch out for these lot, they start kicking teams when theyre losing. They have a horrible little rat at CB called Lewis Dunk who won't be afraid to break Suarez leg given the chance." - a less physical side it would be hard to find and Lewis Dunk most definitely isn't as described. He's a complete find.

[edit: sorry - beaten to it - bet that isn't a Liverpool fan]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure they will field a strong side, unlike Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal as they will see that their best way to ensure entry to Europe for next season is by winning The Carling Cup.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Please don't post utter nonsense.

A) If they want 15%, yes they will get it, and half of the usual general sale seats in the East stand - The West stand general sale tickets will still be available

But the west stand tickets will be heavily reduced from their current number...the East stand STH that are in the South East side have guaranteed cup tickets in the West to accommodate the increase in away capacity allocation for the cup. So please post accurate information, its stuff like this that gets peoples hopes up.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If Liverpool take their 15% allocation then surely some seats will be lost due to segregation?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This was the reaction in the pub I was in, when the draw was made

[yt]wtHm_0rjU_0[/yt]
You should have seen it in the packed Railway Bell,... you would have thought we had just scored the 5th Goal in a drubbing of Palace..... it was outstanding.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liverpool fans are certainly treating us with respect.

But the west stand tickets will be heavily reduced from their current number...the East stand STH that are in the South East side have guaranteed cup tickets in the West to accommodate the increase in away capacity allocation for the cup. So please post accurate information, its stuff like this that gets peoples hopes up.

If you are going to quote me, please quote me fully.

If you are not a STH and you have a purchase history you you go online, on the phones or visit the shop the day they go on sale - you 100% will get a ticket.

I hope I am getting people's hopes up - I should do - They hope to go - They will - if they are organised.

And to prove my point - if there are no tickets left the day after they go on general sale, I will donate £50 to the Robert Eton fund - will you do the same?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm....the scousers and then the looters from Croydon both visiting within a week.

Might it be worth packing the concourse plasmas away for a bit ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I hope I am getting people's hopes up

I think you are, I can see very few STH not taking up there tickets, and if they don't use it themselves they will give it to family/friend.
And taking into account all Full staff who work at the at the Amex will want to "shotgun" a ticket and those that do go will want an extra one for a friend etc etc
Then there will be the 1901 members who will want extra tickets( not in 1901 of course) for family, business clients etc a so will be very surprised if any tickets will be left to go on general sale.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its going to be a sell out whatever and I will have my seat in the North Stand and cant bloody wait. Only ever seen us lose to Liverpool once and that was extra time.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think you are, I can see very few STH not taking up there tickets, and if they don't use it themselves they will give it to family/friend.
And taking into account all Full staff who work at the at the Amex will want to "shotgun" a ticket and those that do go will want an extra one for a friend etc etc
Then there will be the 1901 members who will want extra tickets( not in 1901 of course) for family, business clients etc a so will be very surprised if any tickets will be left to go on general sale.

Agreed, at best ( or worse) there will be circa 1000-1300 tickets available once STH's and away allocation is taken up, the club is bound to use most of those for the usual corporate, freebie, staff, sponsors etc for such a big game.

But I dont care, I am a WSU STH, so there.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::lolol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Could someone please take my partner to Tuscany so I can see the Liverpool game? Thank you so much.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I seriously doubt that any general sale tickets will even appear.

Approx 18,000 season ticket/1901 holders? I cannot see many turning down the opportunity to see Liverpool at the Amex, even if people cannot make it, they'll know a friend who wants to go in their place.
3,375 (15%) Liverpool tickets will be available if they want them.
That's 21,375 total tickets potentially sold straight away.

With around 22,500 capacity, that leaves 1,125 spare seats/tickets. I'd be suprised if a vast majority of these weren't given away to complimentaries or corporate sponsors etc.

But, never say never I guess.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here