Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They'd put out a reserve team (a) to keep their first team fresh for the midweek ESL games, and (b) because they won't really care that much where they finish - it won't matter, as they are GUARANTEED a place in the ESL, which will be the cash-cow. I'm sure their reserve teams will be good, but pretty much EVERY Premier League game in which an ESL club appears will be questioned - are they trying? Why have they picked the third choice keeper? And imagine the moaning about kick-off times!!

If they dick about too much in the EPL they'll be relegated. If they plan to exist purely as an ESL club they may as well walk from the EPL now.

I still feel that if they plummet in the EPL or leave voluntarily then the Chinese and Indians will lose interest.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Guess that makes two of us then.

Let's do some simple maths;

UK population; 66.65 million

China population; 1.398 billion
USA population; 328.2 million
Saudi Arabia population; 34.27 million
India population 1.366 billion

Gee, I wonder where the TV deals will get more advertising revenue from...

Good they can still **** off. Brighton will survive and I will still watch my team play end of.

I watched Brighton when we were bottom of the league, bet you didn't even know about us.

As for the Spurs fan go and watch you shite team in it's pointless franchise crap. Bye bye take your VAR with you

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's do some simple maths;

UK population; 66.65 million

China population; 1.398 billion
USA population; 328.2 million
Saudi Arabia population; 34.27 million
India population 1.366 billion

Gee, I wonder where the TV deals will get more advertising revenue from...
China don't want to pay for our TV rights, they'd rather build their own teams up to be massive. The US also have their own Soccer teams to promote. The facts you're highlighting are clearly not the most significant points, because if they were, the football clubs in those countries would be the big clubs, not ours.

The reason they want to watch our teams is because of the history and the fact that they're good to watch. That would completely change if the 6 clubs were permanently in CL equivalent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Excellent from Carracher and Neville on MNF.
Jurgen Klopp also coming out against it. Says he was not part of the negotiations

If Klopp had any balls he'd resign on air and walk off. He hardly needs the money.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The only positive out of this that BHA have a possibility of winning the EPL, as Leicester or West Ham are the top teams left.

If ‘old/legacy fans of big 6 have any care - they turn up and don’t enter the ground - police won’t allow game to start on safety grounds, that mucks up the tv schedule

You’re assuming that the big 6 will be expelled...

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
There are loads of views on the ESL and I haven't got time to to read them all so apologies if already stated. So if this happens what about the U23s, U21, U18 etc of these clubs. Will they get banned also from playing in these leagues as well. Anything that is FA sanctioned. Someone said at work it should include the women's teams as well. That's a bit OTT.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dan Roan [MENTION=41973]DanR[/MENTION]oan
Replying to [MENTION=41973]DanR[/MENTION]oan
According to source, some of those involved in ESL call traditional supporters of clubs “legacy fans” while they are focused instead on the “fans of the future” who want superstar names
*ESL insists modelling shows solidarity payments will be boosted £10bn Euros over 23 seasons)

I think this epitomises all that is shite about this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Excellent from Carracher and Neville on MNF.
Jurgen Klopp also coming out against it. Says he was not part of the negotiations

Steve Parish being interviewed with empty trophy cabinets in the background, instead the home and away tops on hangers.

Just saw Rattus norvegicus run across the trophy room floor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1384211301530968071[/tweet]

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
China don't want to pay for our TV rights, they'd rather build their own teams up to be massive. The US also have their own Soccer teams to promote. The facts you're highlighting are clearly not the most significant points, because if they were, the football clubs in those countries would be the big clubs, not ours.

The reason they want to watch our teams is because of the history and the fact that they're good to watch. That would completely change if the 6 clubs were permanently in CL equivalent.

They watch for the big teams and the big players. If Messi and Ronaldo played in MLS, then the Americans would watch.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leeds slowly turning into a likeable club, who would have thought?

The cynic in me, would hesitate still, if Leeds had half a chance of being considered to join this breakaway super league.....

You can bet your sweet little arse, they would be singing and bragging that their back where they should be....

Champions of Europe that they never were....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In many ways tonight is the perfect match up for today. The ultimate old time “big club” against one of the ringleaders of the ESL who are alienating their entire, famously loyal fan base in doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here