Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool(A) / Arsenal(A) Tickets

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If everyone who wants a non-restricted view Liverpool ticket emails the club, that might them help decide there is latent demand and it's worth taking a chance on the additional block.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
450 left for Arsenal now.

Will they all sell?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
If everyone who wants a non-restricted view Liverpool ticket emails the club, that might them help decide there is latent demand and it's worth taking a chance on the additional block.

I've resumed my email conversation with supporter services; probably won't come to anything but it would be nice to get rid of the uncertainty.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not looking or asking for preferential treatment, it just seems hard to justify paying £56 for the chance to maybe buy two tickets. I’m sure there are 100s if not 1000s of exiles in a similar situation.

There are quite a few away games in the Midlands and the North. The cost of membership divided by number of games makes it pretty reasonable and you would be spending a lot less than I and many others who follow the club home and away all over the country.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Well, it’s all about money, init? But fans will miss out, which is a shame and the extra support might be missed.

I think someone, earlier in the thread, said that the extra block is about 900. So, would we sell 450 in 4 weeks? If we keep our form up, I think we possibly could.

Even if we didn’t sell that many, how much would it really cost the club? £20,000 maybe?

Not even £20K. On an average price of say £25 each, taking account of kids, seniors, restricted view, etc, the maximum risk is less than £12K.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Not even £20K. On an average price of say £25 each, taking account of kids, seniors, restricted view, etc, the maximum risk is less than £12K.

I assumed the normal price because I don’t know how much we pay for them and I wasn’t assuming we would sell half the block, but less. Maybe it would be the average but I think the majority of fans would be full price ticket holders. Would be interesting to know how home clubs sell away tickets, maybe they sell them at 75% because of concessions.

As we’ve sold 1,800 tickets, I assume the extra block would’ve been about 1,200 tickets, meaning we would need to sell 600 to avoid the extra cost. Still, that cost wouldn’t have been much at all in PL terms.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Shabby Post.

[MENTION=16874]CaptainDave[/MENTION] neither said nor implied that everybody who has bought overpriced kit shouldn't also gain points.

My main point was I just think fans should be able to buy a ticket with a fan number and or a purchase history. Presumably I can buy home tickets with my fan number so why not away tickets? Away tickets should be sold first to people with the most points, with varying tiers down to MyAlbion members, the following day tickets could be sold to anyone with a fan number and / or a purchase history. Surely we all want to have as many Brighton fans at every game or am I missing something? If I could buy four restricted view Liverpool tickets today I would, I just don’t want to pay £112 for us to become members when we may only get to a couple of games a season. I suspect there are 100s of people like me in every region of the country.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
My main point was I just think fans should be able to buy a ticket with a fan number and or a purchase history. Presumably I can buy home tickets with my fan number so why not away tickets? Away tickets should be sold first to people with the most points, with varying tiers down to MyAlbion members, the following day tickets could be sold to anyone with a fan number and / or a purchase history. Surely we all want to have as many Brighton fans at every game or am I missing something? If I could buy four restricted view Liverpool tickets today I would, I just don’t want to pay £112 for us to become members when we may only get to a couple of games a season. I suspect there are 100s of people like me in every region of the country.

That is very similar to how the tickets are sold, maybe you already knew that. Liverpool would’ve gone on sale to fans with a purchase history today if it hadn’t of sold out.

The fan number thing is a different issue though. I’m not sure what’s behind the policy of being able to buy a home ticket but not an away one.

My advice would be to go to a home game, if you can, or buy a ticket and send it to a mate down here who can go, atleast then you’ll have the purchase history, it wouldn’t have helped with this game though because the club only took an allocation of 1,800.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Surely we all want to have as many Brighton fans at every game or am I missing something?

I'm a MyAlbion member. I tried to buy 3 tickets for a home game that had gone to Ticket Exchange - so you assume everyone that wanted a ticket had had their chance to get one by this time. (One ticket for me plus one each for my two children, for whom I was prepared to pay full adult price, which is how the Exchange works). Got as far as clicking the 'buy' button and was sat in eager anticipation with my debit card in hand, only to find my order couldn't progress as I think I am limited to a total of x2 tickets for my class of membership? So now none of us are going but I can guarantee I'll see empty seats when I watch the highlights on MoTD.

:shrug:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The fan number thing is a different issue though. I’m not sure what’s behind the policy of being able to buy a home ticket but not an away one.

Yes I don’t understand the thinking behind it. I have thought about going to a home game but presumably I’d have to do that every season. If I could do it once to create a purchase history I’d certainly consider it, but there are four of us and we’ve all got a purchase history going back years already. It makes me feel like we’re not proper fans anymore unless we somehow prove our loyalty every season by buying a membership card for £28 each. We bought four tickets for Wembley maybe that was the Scouse Seagulls swan song.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I'm a MyAlbion member. I tried to buy 3 tickets for a home game that had gone to Ticket Exchange - so you assume everyone that wanted a ticket had had their chance to get one by this time. (One ticket for me plus one each for my two children, for whom I was prepared to pay full adult price, which is how the Exchange works). Got as far as clicking the 'buy' button and was sat in eager anticipation with my debit card in hand, only to find my order couldn't progress as I think I am limited to a total of x2 tickets for my class of membership? So now none of us are going but I can guarantee I'll see empty seats when I watch the highlights on MoTD.

Wow, that seems ridiculous. No way the Amex is a proper sell out / every seat taken. I get MyAlbion members get first try but after that surely a fan number would suffice?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
No doubt, when at some point we get relegated, they’ll
be no problem buying a ticket for Preston or Wigan away without a MyAlbion membership?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

Wow, that seems ridiculous. No way the Amex is a proper sell out / every seat taken. I get MyAlbion members get first try but after that surely a fan number would suffice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here