Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool(A) / Arsenal(A) Tickets

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a MyAlbion member. I tried to buy 3 tickets for a home game that had gone to Ticket Exchange - so you assume everyone that wanted a ticket had had their chance to get one by this time. (One ticket for me plus one each for my two children, for whom I was prepared to pay full adult price, which is how the Exchange works). Got as far as clicking the 'buy' button and was sat in eager anticipation with my debit card in hand, only to find my order couldn't progress as I think I am limited to a total of x2 tickets for my class of membership? So now none of us are going but I can guarantee I'll see empty seats when I watch the highlights on MoTD.

:shrug:
I'd wager the best part of 8p were you to call the ticket office they will sell you the seats.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Yes I don’t understand the thinking behind it. I have thought about going to a home game but presumably I’d have to do that every season. If I could do it once to create a purchase history I’d certainly consider it, but there are four of us and we’ve all got a purchase history going back years already. It makes me feel like we’re not proper fans anymore unless we somehow prove our loyalty every season by buying a membership card for £28 each. We bought four tickets for Wembley maybe that was the Scouse Seagulls swan song.

You must have a purchase history if you bought a Wembley ticket, I’ve never known it to disappear after a season has finished.

Do you have an account on the ticket site? Have they actually told you that you don’t have a purchase history?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I'm a MyAlbion member. I tried to buy 3 tickets for a home game that had gone to Ticket Exchange - so you assume everyone that wanted a ticket had had their chance to get one by this time. (One ticket for me plus one each for my two children, for whom I was prepared to pay full adult price, which is how the Exchange works). Got as far as clicking the 'buy' button and was sat in eager anticipation with my debit card in hand, only to find my order couldn't progress as I think I am limited to a total of x2 tickets for my class of membership? So now none of us are going but I can guarantee I'll see empty seats when I watch the highlights on MoTD.

:shrug:

Wow, that seems ridiculous. No way the Amex is a proper sell out / every seat taken. I get MyAlbion members get first try but after that surely a fan number would suffice?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, that seems ridiculous. No way the Amex is a proper sell out / every seat taken. I get MyAlbion members get first try but after that surely a fan number would suffice?

Yes way. The Amex is a sell out for pretty much every game, but...

1. The ticket exchange then kicks in and there could be many hundreds of tickets put on sale relatively close to kick-off, some of which may not sell.
2. A fair few STHs won't list their tickets for sale for a whole host of reasons.
3. Something will come up for some folk at short notice which mean they can't attend the game.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd wager the best part of 8p were you to call the ticket office they will sell you the seats.

I did try that SB, as I hoped - as you suggest - that they would be willing to relieve me of my money. However, whilst I was on hold waiting for an agent, the set of 3 seats together I had earmarked on the Exchange were purchased, and the only other seats were singles or pairs, which were not suitable for me on this occassion as I would have been bringing an 8 and a 10 year old. But next time I will definitely try calling the Ticket Office.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
You must have a purchase history if you bought a Wembley ticket, I’ve never known it to disappear after a season has finished.

Do you have an account on the ticket site? Have they actually told you that you don’t have a purchase history?

Thinking about it I have two friends who are STHs and I’m pretty sure they bought the four we needed for Wembley. Maybe I need to email the ticket office to clarify my purchase history. I have got one but not if it clears at the start of each season.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Most of the games are sellouts to the point where tickets can be exchanged.

Yes I meant sell out / as in all seats actually taken. We were discussing buying seats on the exchange as a MyAlbion member and I was surprised that there appears to be a limit of two tickets per membership, surely they just want every seat filled. If a parent wants to occasionally treat their family of five does that mean they have to buy three MyAlbion memberships at the start of each season just in case they all want to go.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes, that’s correct. There will be no more excess demand for tickets and therefore no need to devise a rationing system.

Thing is it looks like there are still tickets for Liverpool away. So that means we’ve currently got less than 1800 people going, so there is no need to ration away tickets, as we could have taken 3000. We’ve got four fan numbers and would like to buy four tickets but can’t. MyAlbion members have had two extra days to buy tickets, if there are still tickets left why can’t people with fan numbers for 10+ years buy them? Makes no sense. Probably 100s of exiles fans like me.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yes I meant sell out / as in all seats actually taken. We were discussing buying seats on the exchange as a MyAlbion member and I was surprised that there appears to be a limit of two tickets per membership, surely they just want every seat filled. If a parent wants to occasionally treat their family of five does that mean they have to buy three MyAlbion memberships at the start of each season just in case they all want to go.

Its irrelevant how many other tickets are available he was saying once oridinary tickets were sold out he could exchange and then you questioned it is ever sold out. It really doesnt matter if there are a few hundred hospitality tickets at eye watering prices still knocking about.

They sell every seat that a myAlbion would buy thats what a sell out means. If you want a hospitality seat you can easily buy as many of those as you want because they will cost you an arm and a leg. If you see ordinary empty seats in a game that was sold out they are most likely season ticket holders that couldnt make the game for whatever reason and didnt bother to exchange the seat.

Yes if a parent wants to treat their family they would but they would be better to do that for a cup game when it would be most likely cheaper and easier. Also a tip membership is heavily discounted at least once a year last year it was Jan/Feb if I remember.

You seem to be surprised a lot without thinking there is a reason. The clubs dont make it easy to get tickets to an away game at Liverpool when there are thousands there that would try any way to get one even in the away end. Also why its not easy to buy up 5 tickets from out of nowhere because thats how touts get tickets.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Yes, that’s correct. There will be no more excess demand for tickets and therefore no need to devise a rationing system.

Until now, I think that the Albion have got things about right with their ticketing policy (both home and away).

The match at Anfield is the first time I have missed out on tickets for someone I wanted to purchase with. I've got got approaching 400 points, but fancied taking my kids to this one. I joined them up to myAlbion+ at the start of the season specifically with this type of trip in mind, so thought I'd wait until we were all eligible.

What frustrated me in this case was the early decision to decline a full allocation, before myAlbion+ members had a chance to purchase from the initial allocation (other than a handful of 'very restricted view' seats). They clearly took this decision a few days back when they released the restricted view tickets and are being disingenuous (at best) if they imply that myAlbion+ members had a proper opportunity to buy.

Hopefully this won't become a regular occurrence, because it will encourage people to use mates' details to get tickets for those who wouldn't otherwise be eligible. I guess I could have cheated in this way for the trip to Anfield but thought I'd give the system a chance - it has failed me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thing is it looks like there are still tickets for Liverpool away. So that means we’ve currently got less than 1800 people going, so there is no need to ration away tickets, as we could have taken 3000. We’ve got four fan numbers and would like to buy four tickets but can’t. MyAlbion members have had two extra days to buy tickets, if there are still tickets left why can’t people with fan numbers for 10+ years buy them? Makes no sense. Probably 100s of exiles fans like me.

Are there ? As far as I can see there are 6 in the wheelchair area, otherwise it’s sold out. I’ve been checking in the hope that a few get released (happens sometimes) but at the moment there’s no availability

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Are there ? As far as I can see there are 6 in the wheelchair area, otherwise it’s sold out. I’ve been checking in the hope that a few get released (happens sometimes) but at the moment there’s no availability

The only tickets which have been available since late Monday/early Tuesday were the very restricted view seats at the back of the tier (the final few of which sold on Tuesday morning, I think) and some wheelchair spaces. Admittedly I had the opportunity to buy restricted view tickets, but they are bad enough for adults, never mind kids.

I'm also regularly checking for extra seats to be added - this often seems to happen a few days before the game (returns or unwanted player's tickets perhaps), so I haven't given up hope just yet. Makes it difficult to plan things, though.

It's a bit misleading for the 'BUY' icon to be clickable when the only remaining spaces are for wheelchairs, but I guess everyone goes through the same route to access tickets.......

What I keep coming back to is the fact that the club have chosen to slam the door rather than take a chance on selling an extra 450-600 tickets over the next four weeks. I really don't think that would have been such a big ask, but then it's not my money!!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I bought Arsenal tickets earlier and checked the Liverpool game too. It’s definitely sold out for any other than wheelchairs.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Until now, I think that the Albion have got things about right with their ticketing policy (both home and away).

The match at Anfield is the first time I have missed out on tickets for someone I wanted to purchase with. I've got got approaching 400 points, but fancied taking my kids to this one. I joined them up to myAlbion+ at the start of the season specifically with this type of trip in mind, so thought I'd wait until we were all eligible.

What frustrated me in this case was the early decision to decline a full allocation, before myAlbion+ members had a chance to purchase from the initial allocation (other than a handful of 'very restricted view' seats). They clearly took this decision a few days back when they released the restricted view tickets and are being disingenuous (at best) if they imply that myAlbion+ members had a proper opportunity to buy.

Hopefully this won't become a regular occurrence, because it will encourage people to use mates' details to get tickets for those who wouldn't otherwise be eligible. I guess I could have cheated in this way for the trip to Anfield but thought I'd give the system a chance - it has failed me.

I think the date of the decision on allocation taken is determined by the Premier league. The reason is the high demand for home tickets and after the cut off point those blocks can be sold to home fans. We have also benefited from this for games at the AMEX. At decision time the away club has to make a decision based on fixed configurations ie they cannot just take a couple of hundred extra. For the Liverpool game I think they would have had to take an extra 1200 (might be wrong on the number but the point holds) and these would not have sold, leaving the club with the bill.
Perhaps it was a bit of a risk holding on for this game. There should be others where you can get extra tickets with your membership. Also, keep checking the website today as often extras will become available. Fingers crossed !

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I think the date of the decision on allocation taken is determined by the Premier league. The reason is the high demand for home tickets and after the cut off point those blocks can be sold to home fans. We have also benefited from this for games at the AMEX. At decision time the away club has to make a decision based on fixed configurations ie they cannot just take a couple of hundred extra. For the Liverpool game I think they would have had to take an extra 1200 (might be wrong on the number but the point holds) and these would not have sold, leaving the club with the bill.
Perhaps it was a bit of a risk holding on for this game. There should be others where you can get extra tickets with your membership. Also, keep checking the website today as often extras will become available. Fingers crossed !

Yeah, I fully accepted that I was talking a risk in this instance. I'm not personally that bothered as I've been to Anfield several times, it would just have been nice to have taken the kids. And if the rules Bozza quoted above are correct, we would only have had to sell half of the final block before being financially penalised, so 600 tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And if the rules Bozza quoted above are correct, we would only have had to sell half of the final block before being financially penalised, so 600 tickets.

They are copy and pasted from the Premier League handbook. I didn't just make something up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here