Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool(A) / Arsenal(A) Tickets

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Arsenal sales seem particularly slow, would have thought priced at £26 for a midweek game in London these would go really quick today.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
hoping to pick up three tickets tomorrow for the Arsenal game. Do you think this will go to all STH?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
hoping to pick up three tickets tomorrow for the Arsenal game. Do you think this will go to all STH?
When I purchased at 9.30 there were at least 900 odd left so it should be ok

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
About 440 left as of now (24/10 - 21:23)

They seem to be holding back a block of tickets for each game, which leaves those of us wanting to buy a group of tickets (for members with varying eligibility) with a bit of a dilemma. Do we split the group and ensure those of us higher up the pecking order get our tickets, or do we hold fire and hope the full allocations get taken up allowing us to buy as a group...... I can't believe that, with a month to go, we wouldn't ultimately sell the full allocation for both games?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
They seem to be holding back a block of tickets for each game, which leaves those of us wanting to buy a group of tickets (for members with varying eligibility) with a bit of a dilemma. Do we split the group and ensure those of us higher up the pecking order get our tickets, or do we hold fire and hope the full allocations get taken up allowing us to buy as a group...... I can't believe that, with a month to go, we wouldn't ultimately sell the full allocation for both games?

We would need to almost sell the current blocks for the other blocks to open up Arsenal and Liverpool. Looks like we won't take full allocations for either of these as its all STH holders today and still quite a few left.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If we can’t sell 3,000 for Arsenal, even if it is on a Thursday, I think that is a bit poor. We used to take nearly 4,000 to Fulham for evening games.

There’s about 260 left, which you would think would sell, so why not open the last block?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If we can’t sell 3,000 for Arsenal, even if it is on a Thursday, I think that is a bit poor. We used to take nearly 4,000 to Fulham for evening games.

There’s about 260 left, which you would think would sell, so why not open the last block?

I think the novelty of playing away against the big teams has worn off, especially given how poor we have been in them over the last 2 seasons. Even if we make good progress this season under Potter (which I am confident we will) we are still fairly likely to lose most of our away games against the top 6. I now find myself much more interested in away games against the rest of the league where I now expect us to have a reasonable chance of a win, draw or at worst a competitive defeat.

Having said that I am going to Arsenal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I said after our first visit to Arsenal that I could see us not selling it out very soon, and a Thursday night at 8:15 is not going to persuade many who might be on the fence.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think the novelty of playing away against the big teams has worn off, especially given how poor we have been in them over the last 2 seasons. Even if we make good progress this season under Potter (which I am confident we will) we are still fairly likely to lose most of our away games against the top 6. I now find myself much more interested in away games against the rest of the league where I now expect us to have a reasonable chance of a win, draw or at worst a competitive defeat.

I started to feel like this last season (I’d say top 10 rather than 6), I found myself starting to think “what is the point? If the team aren’t going there at least trying for a win then why should I bother”, I think Spurs away was the final straw for me. I decided it was only meeting mates for beer which would keep me going.

However this now feels completely different. Potter seems to be approaching EVERY match with a ‘how can we win this’ approach rather than ‘how can we avoid defeat’ approach.

I’m going to Arsenal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

That's a poor comparison though, Fulham is always and enjoyable event, win lose or draw always a good atmosphere and a lovely old school ground, Arsenal is, well Arsenal almost an anti-Fulham experience.

Add that to the stupid 2015 ko means the game won't finish until well after after 10pm

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

I didn’t ever think it was to do with the size of the team we are playing, we always sold out London games, even when we were near the bottom of League 1 at Charlton.

Now people don’t want to go to Arsenal away. Baffling.

We’ve played pretty well in about half the games against the top 6. I think we could come away with something, we look much better this season.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's a poor comparison though, Fulham is always and enjoyable event, win lose or draw always a good atmosphere and a lovely old school ground, Arsenal is, well Arsenal almost an anti-Fulham experience.

Add that to the stupid 2015 ko means the game won't finish until well after after 10pm

I thought we went there to support the team, not because of what the ground looked like.

The first season we went to Arsenal, the away end was brilliant, non stop support, the atmosphere was very good for us. I didn’t go last season, but the point must’ve made it a more enjoyable experience for those there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here