Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpoo 1 Blackpool 2

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest, why the f*** do you care about our 'mighty' neighbours?

We don't. Its just rubbernecking an almighty great carcrash really.

The thing is, us Albion fans know that Gus would turn it round in a jiffy up there. Seriously. But as long as the bindippers remain ignorant to that fact, we'll all stay happy and enjoy the carnage as it unfolds there.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton

Schadenfreude mainly. It's also just great fun to laugh at Liverpool, and especially at their highly-strung fans.

EDIT: Note that I'd probably be laughing at any of the 'big' clubs in a similar position. It's not malice directed specifically at Liverpool. And I do feel bad for Roy.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Schadenfreude mainly. It's also just great fun to laugh at Liverpool, and especially at their highly-strung fans.

EDIT: Note that I'd probably be laughing at any of the 'big' clubs in a similar position. It's not malice directed specifically at Liverpool. And I do feel bad for Roy.

'Big'? They are big, get over it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"He really needs to have a think about the whole thing. I'm not usually the one to knee jerk, and this isn't a knee jerk at all."

No, not at all - seven games in :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just LOVE this one

Surely we all knew what sort of dross would be served up by Roy Hodgson didn't we. He is totaly out of his depth, but I for one am not in the least bit surprised so I won't complain about him, he does exactly what it says on his tin!
It is a bit like inviting a tramp into your house and then complaining because he wipes his cock on your curtains

That Liverpool foum is pure comedy GOLD :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Well we don't really give a f*** about Liverpool any more than we give a f*** about Man U, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, etc. As far as we're concerned all those clubs are identical and the fans are identical; Liverpool and Man U fans have far more in common with each other than either have with 99% of fans of all other football clubs in the world - frankly it's hard to tell them apart.

We're just enjoying the current embarrassing predicament in which Liverpool find themselves. It's nothing personal, as I said we'd feel exactly the same way if it were Man U or Chelsea who'd had a similar start. I'm sure Big Club fans will say we're just jealous, bitter, envious, etc but that isn't the case, it's just the natural desire to support the underdog and to see the mighty taken down a peg or two.

Sadly I'm sure it will only be temporary and the natural order will soon re-assert itself. But hopefully not just yet ...

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anyone claiming Roy H should still be LFC Manager is not worthy to be a LFC supporter, really.

They don't believe in sitting on the fence do they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only when they're shinning over it to nick your bike from the shed.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I just like the anti prem/bigger clubs attitude some people have, surely our aim to be one of them?
Yes it is (well it is mine). But I don't see any conflict between hoping we become a top premiership side and enjoying watching a current big side struggle. Hopefully Liverpool will slide down the leagues and we'll take their place!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame todays game wasn't on the tellybox. I would have VERY much enjoyed seeing the plastic reds in the pub pretending to be pissed off about their "plight".

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Yes it is (well it is mine). But I don't see any conflict between hoping we become a top premiership side and enjoying watching a current big side struggle. Hopefully Liverpool will slide down the leagues and we'll take their place!

This is the crux of the matter. It's very simple.

Plus it's brilliant watching Liverpool (or any 'big' club for that matter) fans whine.

Ultimately you reap what you sow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've been discussing this with a liverpool supporting friend. There's only 26 places separating us and Liverpool. When was the last time we were this close to each other. I'm thinking perhaps 91 when we reached the play offs, perhaps we were high enough that season at some point.

It's possible that our first game in the championship when we beat Barnsley(?) 3-0 before going on a record losing streak. A 3-0 win had to put us top, but were the premiership playing that weekend? Is it fair to count the table after only one game?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I said to my Liverpool supporting friend that we should think about getting tickets for our potential match next season. His face was a picture.

He's not taking it well. He has been supporting them since he was about 7. Only seen them live once. In his words he has "been a supporter through the good times and the bad times". When I asked what bad times, he said they finished 8th once (in the top flight). :nono:

Sadly, I am 100% certain that Liverpool will not be relegated.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
My Liverpool supporting mate is jealous of me. :thumbsup: His words.

I only watched it on the tellybox (very entertaining) and apart from the inevitable boos at HT/FT thought the Liverpool fans really got behind their team when they were playing. Even though they were hopeless. Really don't rate Glen Johnson much myself.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's not taking it well. He has been supporting them since he was about 7. Only seen them live once.

My liverpool supporting friend has been supporting them since he was a kid. He's seen them live, once, in a pre-season friendly last year. I've seen liverpool twice. (back in 90?91? in the fa cup at anfield and the replay at the goldstone).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here