Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpoo 1 Blackpool 2

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
i think hodgson will be out by the end of october!

make that the 6th of october!

Liverpool have never sacked a manager mid-season so if they were to with Roy it would indicate

1) How bad things have really got
2) How little the owners know/care about LFC

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Begs the question, did Benitez overachieve??

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
The way things are going, we might be playing Liverpool at The Amex next season.

:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i think Roy might have to drop Torres and half the other prima donnas and get in youth/reserves who have a bit of passion to stablise the situation.

Would that be the youth/reserves that got turned over by Northampton the other week ?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Liverpool have never sacked a manager mid-season so if they were to with Roy it would indicate

1) How bad things have really got
2) How little the owners know/care about LFC

yes but the bankers effectively have a controlling interest in the club and will therefore be more impatient than even the current owners.

also this must be Liverpools worse start to a season since when?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
yes but the bankers effectively have a controlling interest in the club and will therefore be more impatient than even the current owners.

Im sure its worse then under Souness

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think they said on ssn the last time they had a start this bad they were relegated. (1954, I think)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He got funds from selling players
Thing is everything he did was pointless. He's buy a stirker one summer, keep him for a season, sell him for a slightly smaller amount and buy a striker of similar ability. Bellamy, Crouch, Keane etc. He signed hundreds of players and the vast majority of them were utter dross, and totally unnecessary. Hodgson probably hasn't done the best with what he has there, but what he has, what he was left with, is miserable rubbish. And that's down to Benitez.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Thing is everything he did was pointless. He's buy a stirker one summer, keep him for a season, sell him for a slightly smaller amount and buy a striker of similar ability. Bellamy, Crouch, Keane etc. He signed hundreds of players and the vast majority of them were utter dross, and totally unnecessary. Hodgson probably hasn't done the best with what he has there, but what he has, what he was left with, is miserable rubbish. And that's down to Benitez.

But when players weren't doing the business all he could do is sell them and use that £ to sign someone else, so a big circle of mediocrity

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But when players weren't doing the business all he could do is sell them and use that £ to sign someone else, so a big circle of mediocrity
I'm not really convinced that's true.

He didn't have to sign a new pair of fullbacks every year who were no better than what he had before. And when he did have a significant sum to spend, having lost Alonso, he signed Johnson and Aquilani for huge fees. Obviously Aquilani was a total flop, Johnson is a decent player but spending £18m on a rightback when he only had one striker and no midfield.

The root problem at Liverpool is the debt and the Americans who gave it to them, but Benitez was a bit crap too (and so has Hodgson been so far).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Liverpool FC Forum

This makes for some HILARIO reading, its gone absolutely nuclear. Honestly, my heart is almost bleeding for them.
:lolol:

"Anything less than a point against Everton and it's time for Kenny to step up."

:clap2: that would mean CERTAIN relegation...just like Shearer :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is absolutely no justification anymore as to why Hodgson should be in this job and should be sacked immediately. Forget the bollocks of 'who would we get to replace him' we would be better having the players manage themselves.

Hodgson has managed to bring a period of pure outright embarrasement to LFC during his short reign and it surely can not be allowed to continue. He can not handle the squad and his tactics are dogshit. If we keep him here we WILL be relegated.

As much as it pains I don't think I can watch another match while we have this Alex Ferguson puppet at the helm.

KABOOOOM !

:lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"Jesus. Just got home, cant believe he hasnt resigned yet.

Really weird saying this, but hopefully we'll lose the derby and he'll get the boot."

this guy WANTS to lose a derby match!?! braindead!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
this guy WANTS to lose a derby match!?! braindead!

give it another year and Liverpool can loose TO Derby.

merseyparadise

Mar 25, 2009
The result has raised a few chuckles on this side of the Mersey.

Blackpool used to have a rivalry with us, how things change.

Out of interest, why the f*** do you care about our 'mighty' neighbours?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here