Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter received today from Conservative MP for Weaden - f***ing bad news

hove born&bred said:
an MP trying to influence the outcome of a public inquiry is scandulous
No it's not.

Ivor Caplin, Des Turner and David Lepper have done it. The army of MPs who signed the pro-Falmer Early Day Motion have done it. Front bench spokespeople have done it. Even Norman Baker has done it.

I've done it. Thousands of Albion supporters have done it. And Brighton & Hove City Council have done it.

It's the whole point of a Public Inquiry. Interested parties try to influence the outcome.

MPs don't make the decision. The Deputy Prime Minister does - after receiving the advice of his planning advisers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
there you go hove born and bread, how could you have been so silly?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
wouldnt any of the newspapers be interested in the contents of the above letter?????

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I tend to agree that this is just one very small tory trying to win a few votes. Hoerver that still does not make what he wrote right. By doing it on House of Commons headed paper he suggests that it is of an offical nature. It would be intresting to ask him to name the labour MP's that "told" him that the decision will be a no.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
Quite. And since when did Prescott listen to the Tories? He f***ing HATES them. Remember the twat with the mullet in the street?

Was he a Tory? 2Jags lamped the wrong bloke remember? If I saw any politician egged in the street I would find it amusing.

Especially Jack Straw and Michael Howard. Lawyer Nazi scum.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wardywonderland said:
I tend to agree that this is just one very small tory trying to win a few votes. Hoerver that still does not make what he wrote right. By doing it on House of Commons headed paper he suggests that it is of an offical nature. It would be intresting to ask him to name the labour MP's that "told" him that the decision will be a no.
Let Martin Perry and Jonathan Clay QC have a go on him first, then when they've finished, we can have a go. Until then, best be patient. :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
looney said:
Was he a Tory? 2Jags lamped the wrong bloke remember? If I saw any politician egged in the street I would find it amusing.

Especially Jack Straw and Michael Howard. Lawyer Nazi scum.
Eh? Footage clearly shows that Prescott twatted the lunkhead that egged him. Didn't get the wrong bloke at all.

I'd happily throw eggs at politicians - preferably while still in the frying pan.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Your wrong there, prescot turned round and lamped the nearest dude laughing at him. The egg was lobbed by someone further back.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
stop flapping for god's sake, a tory mp has chatted to a couple of people, so what? wait till the decision is made and save all your anger and bitterness for then. just let the process run its course.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Jimmy Melias Girlfriend said:
What's so bad about a little red cross?

Where is this letter?????

works fine for me, try refreshing or right-clicking the red cross, select properties and/or copy image location or something, then paste the URL into of the image into your Http bar at the top....that should work :thumbsup:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Here is Martin Perry's reply

Eddie the Seagull said:
I've emailed just Perry & Knight.

"Eddie

Thanks for your e-mail and a copy of the letter from Charles Hendry. I have to say that I would treat any comments linking Norman Baker with alleged comments by Labour MP's with a great deal of caution.

The facts are that John Prescott has ordered the Inquiry to be re-opened - it would be totally cynical of him to do so if he has already made up his mind to reject the Falmer application. I firmly believe he has asked for additional information so that he can make up his own mind whether or not Falmer is the right site based on a comparson of the other sites. Our evidence quite clearly shows that the report we submitted and that was accepted in 1999 was correct and Falmer is the best site.

Prescott will make up his mind when he sees the evidence and not before and we should not panic if a Tory MP tries to make political capital out of this.

Basically Hendry has no evidence to support his claims.

Martin

I think now that it's probably Tory scaremongering - I just pray that Hendry or one of his freaky, greaseball graduates comes knocking on my door.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Desert Orchid said:
Would you trust any politician, particularly in the run-up to an election?

Agree 100% I don't trust them at any time irrespective of a pending election or party that they represent.

But then I remember a Lib Dem MP who never told a lie or answered a question.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact that this M.P. has signed the petition implies that he is sympathetic to Falmer and realises the effect that a NO vote from Prescott would have on Albion supporters.

Surely if Hendry is able to give his opinion then Caplin must have a better idea of what is actually happening, particularly as Prescott is in the same party.

Also, if Caplin is retiring then wouldn't he be in a better position to find out what's going on, as he wouldn't stand to gain or lose personally by the decision.

Certainly, if we haven't found out before the election I'd expect a NO vote.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pavilionaire said:
The fact that this M.P. has signed the petition implies that he is sympathetic to Falmer and realises the effect that a NO vote from Prescott would have on Albion supporters.

Not necessarily. It could imply he is a bandwagon jumper who is buying his votes. At first, he was hostile to Falmer. Then he does a 180. Now he has done another.

Pavilionaire said:
Surely if Hendry is able to give his opinion then Caplin must have a better idea of what is actually happening, particularly as Prescott is in the same party.

Also, if Caplin is retiring then wouldn't he be in a better position to find out what's going on, as he wouldn't stand to gain or lose personally by the decision.

Not quite sure what you mean there. Caplin (or any other Labour MP) would not necessarily be in a better position. Don't forget - this is NOT Caplin's constituency.

Pavilionaire said:
Certainly, if we haven't found out before the election I'd expect a NO vote.
Sorry, but that statement just makes absolutely no sense.

Assuming Prescott is returned as DPM, and he keeps the planning portfolio, it really is a case of 'as you were.' You appear to be implying that this is purely a political decision. Once upon a time, we might have convinced ourselves that this was the case - but now, we are winning the planning argument (the most important one) as well.

For every loudmouth that says we won't get Falmer, there's 100 who say we will.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here