Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter received today from Conservative MP for Weaden - f***ing bad news

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
eastlondonseagull said:
Bastard. He really enjoyed writing that letter. You can almost feel the smug grin he had on his face when he wrote it. Or, more probably, dictated it.:censored:

...that unique smugness that only a Tory MP can convey.It's definitely there

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Political blackmail by the Tory party - not a great surprise really! I'm sure the Argus may want to follow up this letter.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's too early to say for sure of course. We still have the new inquiry to go though but you can't help but be depressed by this. I wonder which Labour MP's he talked to? If they were from Sussex then this looks like very bad news. This must go to the club and to Caplin.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Sneaky George said:
It's too early to say for sure of course. We still have the new inquiry to go though but you can't help but be depressed by this. I wonder which Labour MP's he talked to? If they were from Sussex then this looks like very bad news.

Your right. I don't like this particular piece of bad news at all.:(

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where, roughly speaking, is Wealden?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Chances are he didnt talk to any Labour MPs. If anyone was in the know it would be Ivor Caplin and youd be very dissapointed if he thought we had no chance, and that at least the club would be tipped off.

I think this is just a tory MP being a prick, he has obviously spoken to Baker who has already said he thinks that Prescott is waiting till after the election, and trying to stir it up a bit for Labour.

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Don't know why he'd resort to electoral blackmail, he's certain to win Wealden next year no matter what. The Tories would win Wealden if they fielded a douche bag as it's candidate.

They have, and he will

BUT IT IS NOT BAD NEWS

he is a TORY MP FFS it is only electoral bullshit. However it can't do any harm forwarding it to Prescott, Blair and the club.

Last edited:

Everyone - especially people connected with politicians - seems to expect the decision to be politically motivated.

How about the alternative scenario? It'll be a planning decision, based on planning criteria. And it will be YES, because there's no other suitable site available.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
You should also get this to the Argus' and BBC SCR news desks asap. This has the makings of a good little story... stadium scuppered by Prescott before new Inquiry, due process etc ? that type of thing,

Jul 20, 2003
Sneaky George said:
You should also get this to the Argus' and BBC SCR news desks asap. This has the makings of a good little story... stadium scuppered by Prescott before new Inquiry, due process etc ? that type of thing,

good call

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Bear in mind that Hendry signed the petition in favour of Falmer. This was after he changed his original anti-stadium position.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
OK - I'll get on the case to Knight, Perry, (Caplin ???) & JP/TB.

I was wondering if it would be such a good idea to send it to the Argus, Sussex Express & the Crowborough edition of the Courier?

I'll calm down first. If I had a cat, I'd hoof it one.

(Just kidding about the cat)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Man of Harveys said:
Where, roughly speaking, is Wealden?

Uckfield, Crowborough and all that sort of area.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Firstly....

"If labour are re-elected".

Give the man some credit! If he said when labour win there would be a national scandal of "Tory concedes election" proportion.

Secondly as Politicians are all bullshitters is it not possible that that 2jags is bullshitting his backbenchers? Hardly a new concept.
Its on NT land, labourists tend to be or pretend to be Greenish so it could be comfort words.

Last I heard from my spy was that they were looking for ways to say yes. I'll mail him for an update.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here