Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all hope that pompey survive !!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I spoke to a colleague that is a Portsmouth STH and I asked him if the FA Cup win was taken away from you but the club would now be solvent, no debts at all, would you take it, he replied No Way. This is take away the FA Cup, not the Prem years, not Europe!

Also, Portsmouth fans have been asked to donate £1,000 to the Supporters Trust with £100 up front and the remaining if they take over. My colleague has a problem with this in that he used to work with someone very prominent in the Supporters Trust and that person was sacked for stealing.

For these reasons, f*** em!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It has been agreed by the administrator that all overheads and costs of running PFC would be covered if the high earners were to leave or cap wages at £5k. This I assume is with them getting the same attendances as last season

Only a few slight flaws in that plan , namely wage deferrals of ex players , paying creditors back , wage cap too high for League 1 , 10 points deduction could mean relegation to League 2 , no guarantee that attendance level stays the same in a lower league , paying the bills , do I need to add any more ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The best option for Pompey is for the administrator to accept the PST BID !! Yes they may be relegated again but THE FANS WOULD OWN THE CLUB, Not a dodgy businessman, property developer, Liar, cheat, crook or asset stripping scumbag. So then at last PFC could live within its means at whatever level/league that would place them.

Exactly.

And, by the way, who says that Trevor Birch, the administrator, is making more money than Tal Ben Haim? Why, it's Tal Ben Haim, and he couldn't possibly have any ulterior motive for claiming that, could he? Or be mouthing some nonsense that his agent, the ever-trustworthy Pini Zahavi, has put in his mouth?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wrong example though. I don't mind necessarily that the fans weren't inquiring prior to their first administration. But their debts from the first administration were well documented. When they are signing players like Ben Heim and Benjani in the Championship, in what was quite frankly a boom or bust attempt to get into the Premiership, the fans should have protested.

It is all hypothetical.. But I like to think that our fans would be concerned about that level of spending directly after a spell of administration.

I was pissed off at the time when they unveiled Benjani ahead of the game with us. I'm still fuming about it. Good riddance, quite frankly.

Spot on. It's what they did AFTER the first admin. Why the f*** weren't their fans all over it? No excuse, bye bye.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:cheers:
:thumbsup:

In fairness - and despite their self proclaimed title of "best fans in the world" I have warmed to a few of the more serious minded among them. If the Supporters Trust are allowed a look in - something that I think is unlikely given the extent to which Trevor Birch has, quite shamelessly, promoted Balram Chanrai's bid to get his (claimed) money back out of the club - I will be making a cash contribution no matter whether they are in League 1 or reforming lower down the pyramid.

I do however get seriously pissed at people who jump on the "let's blame the FA" bandwagon and slag the players for accepting contracts that they (just as much as the fans) had no way of knowing were unsustainable. PFC have suffered a series of owners and managers who have abused their obligations and the trust of the club's supporters. If the "proper persons" test fails it is because short of relevant criminal conviction being revealed there is nothing any statutory body in any walk of life can do to prevent anyone from taking control. PFC are not the only club with unsavoury ownership but what is clear is that Chanrai will, having bled another multi-million pound sum from the club, once again leave them high and dry. That much seems to be the most open "secret" in football. As a fan it pains me to see any club die but something has to happen to prevent wanton mismanagement of football's finances. Fans vehemently supporting its continuation at Portsmouth only underlines the impossible position of the FA. Perhaps the situation in Scotland where the CLUBS united to make their disapproval of Rangers' dishonest management clear is the way forward. The time has to come when the chairmen of league clubs vote to dismiss a club for financial irregularity? Not Portsmouth this season but in a year's time if they do survive for now because almost inevitably they will be back at the administrative trough. PFC is a club that never learns. It came out of admin but immediately broke a self-imposed wage cap to bring in Kitson and Lawrence and now, while they are haranguing players out of their contracts, they are at the same time negotiating deals with a number of "triallists" and others that will make them the highest paid players in League 1...........................?
Thanks Severnside,saved me a lot of writing...you summed it up perfectly.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They should just start again. They have massive and dedicated support and will come back again, it may take them a decade but it could be an amazing and enjoyable journey. Time to pull the cord on Pompey and start again with a pheonix club owned by the fans, and bloody good luck to them!

D

Deleted member 2719

It would be a travesty if Pompey were liquidated on 10th August. Due to mismanagement and the incompetence of the FA (sound familiar) the Pompey fans could find themselves without a club through no fault of their own. Let us not forget that the fans are not guilty of anything except supporting their team, Yes the various owners (reluctant, non existent and otherwise) made some shocking scandalous and downright ridiculous decisions, but the fans only decision was to support their team as we support ours. So for the good of football I truly hope that the PST (Portsmouth Supporters Trust) shares bid is approved by the administrator Trevor Birch (who happens to be on more than the reported £36k per week of Tal Ben Haim, one of the high earners he must offload for PFC to survive) Ironic that eh?
I'm a :bhasign: through and through but feel for our fellow fans just 50 miles down the road

I hope they don't survive as it will ruin our street party planned for August the 10th.:rave::drink::banana::hilton::rock::cheery:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The differences between us and Pompey:

We've never actually been into administration.
Our fans marched, chanted and protested many times.
We've invested money in infrastructure rather than casting it into the bottomless pit of players' wages.
Our chairman is a fan of the club and cares about its long-term future.

As much as I'd hate to see a club go out of business, (I've said this before on other threads) modern football needs something to happen to try and put a halt to the exponential rise in player prices and wages. Portsmouth FC - who have unsustainably overspent in the gamble for success - would be a perfect example and should have to suffer the fatal consequences.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Why are you all getting so wound up by this troll? Allegedly an Albion fan but out of 30 posts on here, 11 were trying to sell a shirt and the majority of the rest have been about Portsmouth. Maybe he should just go back to the message boards of his beloved Pompey where he might find some people who actually give a f*** about his worthless opinions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The going into administration and then seemingly 'getting away with it', really troubles me.......

10 points potentially will make minimal difference, the fact that it is their second time in two years should have resulted in a 15 to 25 point deficit in my opinion as per Luton and Bournemouth (15 or 20 I recall).

The other thing I find irritating is that the same players who are being asked to renegotiate what they are owed, also deferred their wages as a gesture of goodwill I seem to remember.

If they do restart I'd certainly wish them well and would have more faith in PST than Chanrai, I would also suggest that their fanbase is too large to start from the Hampshire County League and wonder if they could be put in the Conference....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
If they are liquidated now then they cannot even start until 2013/14 season! What's the chance of Fratton Park being available if empty for a year?

We could always use FP instead of Lancing for our dev squad!! Actually, scrap that, Lancing's nicer :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Pompey are finished. They have 8 players on contracts totalling 9 million for next season. Nobody will pick up that tab for next season and the trusts wont be able to cover it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure what the fans were meant to do? We're not protesting and we've just spent over £100m in the last 2 or 3 years. None of us know if we can afford it.
That's a ridiculous comparison. We've had an interest free loan to pay for a ground, and our income is sustaining our spending. We also aren't paying crazy wages like Pompey.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jesus, some of you lot have short memories and should be ashamed of yourselves. As an Albion and football fan, I hope Pompey survive (there for the grace of god go I). It's not the fans fault!

The fans are always going to have a club to support, in whatever guise. The current team does not deserve to be where they are.

Pull the plug. Get rid of the 'investors'. Start again.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
When they first entered administration there was talk that cleaners, tea ladies and a local company that made the pies weren't being paid. It is an absolute disgrace that they should stil be trying to find money to pay rubbish players like Ben Haim and kitson when these poor people are unable to pay there bills. For this reason if Pompey go to the wall I honestly couldnt care less. My wife and father in law support them too!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here