Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all hope that pompey survive !!!

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
I have a long memory, like PFC's creditors who are now on their third administration. As has been said, totally different situation-maybe you need to know how to separate the two issues. We were being asset stripped in the hope that the club would fold, meanwhile, PFC were running up debts of approx £150 million wasn't it, before the bubble burst? Got the idea yet?

why were youbeing asset stripped , debts to the tax man, plus it a different climate money wise , got the idea ?????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
read up on it i was there, how close were you to going under ?

Several Inland Revenue (now known as HMRC) winding up orders , I remember one was narrowly avoided by selling a player on the cheap on a Friday afternoon an hour before the court decision. Had we lost at Hereford in 98 and then relegated out of the FL the club would have folded as a professional side.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Several Inland Revenue (now known as HMRC) winding up orders , I remember one was narrowly avoided by selling a player on the cheap on a Friday afternoon an hour before the court decision. Had we lost at Hereford in 98 and then relegated out of the FL the club would have folded as a professional side.

thankyou

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
why were youbeing asset stripped , debts to the tax man, plus it a different climate money wise , got the idea ?????

I've got the idea, whereas you clearly haven't. 3 administrations means the club is not fit for purpose. If it was a dog it would have been put down years ago.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The difference being our club responded by selling its most valuable player. PFC, whilst still in admin were bringing in players at ridiculous salaries and now they're wanting the same players to walk away from a contract that should never have been given in the first place. Maybe if your club had focused on paying its bills instead of cheating I'd be more sympathetic.

Have you spotted the differences yet?

Not you Grimsby.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
why were youbeing asset stripped , debts to the tax man,

Because we had a corrupt chairman who wanted to make money for his own pocket. Thankfully we the fans hounded him out ( thanks to a sharp eyed accountant spotting what was happening ) and the rest, as they say, is history.

Pomey fans on the other hand have barely raised a whimper throughout their clubs ruining. This is despite it being obvious to both the press and other fans what has been going on. Instead of campaigning the Pompey fans choose to accuse the press of having something against their club. They've not helped themselves one bit and the club needs liquidating ASAP.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The original shambles, I could POSSIBLY live with, even though they cheated and escaped relatively unscathed.

But to go into administration and STILL be arrogant enough to start signing players on £20,000 a week while not paying your poor creditors a penny means, frankly, that liquidation is no less than they deserve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Be fair, Portsmouth's supporters clearly demonstrated they understood the point by singing "you've never won f*** all" at us last season - just 3 years after they bought an FA Cup with the money of various local businesses and the tax man.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is Repo Man an indication of his profession? Does he show such kindness towards people intent on not paying back what they owe?

His username suggests this , must be a very busy bloke repossessing caravans and mobile homes from his fellow Palace fans in Sarf London.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Be fair, Portsmouth's supporters clearly demonstrated they understood the point by singing "you've never won f*** all" at us last season - just 3 years after they bought an FA Cup with the money of various local businesses and the tax man.

Exactly this!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I think you are referring to mark beeney

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Portsmouth teamsheet at AFC Wimbledon tonight...

AzMyP8JCUAIkxi2.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes , didn't the £350k cheque pass through the Fatty Taxman's podgy little fingers at the Inland Revenue office ?

Yep...mr canning had his paws all over it...lol.

Seem to remember howard wilkinson did us a great favour or the club would have closed that weekend.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Portsmouth FC and their supporters continue to believe that they have done nothing wrong an that the rest of football should once again bail them out ! Why? I hope they disappear and a new club is formed in the same way as Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon. Then we'll see where the real supporters are!

The original shambles, I could POSSIBLY live with, even though they cheated and escaped relatively unscathed.

But to go into administration and STILL be arrogant enough to start signing players on £20,000 a week while not paying your poor creditors a penny means, frankly, that liquidation is no less than they deserve.

All of this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here