Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Should do well in the Championship but not worth £2million??! That doesn't stack up! If he does well in the Championship that will mean we will be going up, that is worth a lot more than £2million.

Good point well made.

A striker who does well in the Championship is usually worth £2M+ last time I checked...

Dec 29, 2011
If he gets us to the play-offs he could look like the best bit of business in history. £2m to secure £80m in revenue.

Also on a side note, in my first season in the Championship I signed a south American player who was very highly rated upfront in January. Good at finishing and heading, like Ulloa. He secured my promotion and did a great job in the Premier League too, became a club legend after 5 years of service. I can dream

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I hope they're waiting to announce Ulloa signing alongside Fernandez.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
So you have reached a conclusion about his value based on a recent 20 minute assessment ? It is also well documented that Granada were interested in him but didn't have the cash - times are hard in Spain.

To yourself and others, it's quite clear that nobody bothers to read other people's posts on here. I actually broke that news about Granada on this very forum for example.

Even if I had only seen 20 minutes of him it would have been 20 minutes more than any of you, and if you'd bothered to read my previous posts on the matter (including the one above) you would know that I expect Ulloa to be successful. As a supporter of a team in the same division as Almeria I'm pleased he is no longer with them - and I also said that in a previous post.

I've actually seen Ulloa play live on several occasions (I only said "as recently as..." in my last post). I also saw him in August, when he played at Elche last season and when he played for his previous club Castellon. I've also seen him on Spanish TV many times.

He is NOT worth the money Brighton are paying for the reasons Ive already given. Even though there were La Liga sides interested in him none of them will have wanted to pay a transfer fee because that is the Spanish market right now. At the most they might have got a few hundred thousand, but I doubt any of the clubs that were looking at him would even do that. There has been no auction and even if there had been you would easily have outbid the Spanish teams in both fee and wages. In fact, the closer it got to the end of January without a resolution, the more your hand would have been strengthened. Paying the full asking price straight away is bad business.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To yourself and others, it's quite clear that nobody bothers to read other people's posts on here. I actually broke that news about Granada on this very forum for example.

Even if I had only seen 20 minutes of him it would have been 20 minutes more than any of you, and if you'd bothered to read my previous posts on the matter (including the one above) you would know that I expect Ulloa to be successful. As a supporter of a team in the same division as Almeria I'm pleased he is no longer with them - and I also said that in a previous post.

I've actually seen Ulloa play live on several occasions (I only said "as recently as..." in my last post). I also saw him in August, when he played at Elche last season and when he played for his previous club Castellon. I've also seen him on Spanish TV many times.

He is NOT worth the money Brighton are paying for the reasons Ive already given. Even though there were La Liga sides interested in him none of them will have wanted to pay a transfer fee because that is the Spanish market right now. At the most they might have got a few hundred thousand, but I doubt any of the clubs that were looking at him would even do that. There has been no auction and even if there had been you would easily have outbid the Spanish teams in both fee and wages. In fact, the closer it got to the end of January without a resolution, the more your hand would have been strengthened. Paying the full asking price straight away is bad business.

Surely if he is successful in the championship which you say he will be... Then he is worth what we are paying

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair I am one of those who have seen him play live (as recently as December though he only got 20 minutes that day) and I don't think he's worth more than 1 million either. It's not a question of whether a Championship striker goes for that sort of money, but Almeria had no other takers and he was clearly not going to make their team this season with the current coach there in charge. So they had a striker on big money (for them) sat on the bench.

Even though I think he is technically and physically well suited to the Championship, no one can be sure if he will actually adapt well, and I also think you've been had at that price.

Nobody knows what the price is as it hasn't been announced. There has been speculation but that's all it is, speculation.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Poyet, Bloom and Barber OUT! gordonchas IN!

:rolleyes:

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Surely if he is successful in the championship which you say he will be... Then he is worth what we are paying

This is like pulling teeth!

IF he is successful, he is worth more than the fee, obviously. But all signings are gambles, even more so when they are coming from a foreign league and maybe don't even speak English.

I expect him to be a success, as does Poyet no doubt, but if he fails you've poured a million more down the drain than you needed to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here