Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
samparish said:
So suddenly he gets dropped, says something pretty non-controversial to the press and suddenly everyone is saying he's shit again:glare: ???
Eh? I don't think many people are saying that. ???

I definitely think some fans are quick to jump on his back when he talks to the press about his frustrations shortly after he's thrown a wobbly, but it has to be said that he's done himself no favours in the past by reacting petulantly to tactical decisions.

Put it this way: If he'd done that under Micky Adams, he'd have been out the door. I much prefer McGhee's style of management - he seems happy for LK to air his frustrations, presumably because he understands it. Adams was a bit of a plum in this department - infact the one time I met him, he came across as completely paranoid, to be honest.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Simster said:
Eh? I don't think many people are saying that. ???

I definitely think some fans are quick to jump on his back when he talks to the press about his frustrations shortly after he's thrown a wobbly, but it has to be said that he's done himself no favours in the past by reacting petulantly to tactical decisions.

Put it this way: If he'd done that under Micky Adams, he'd have been out the door. I much prefer McGhee's style of management - he seems happy for LK to air his frustrations, presumably because he understands it. Adams was a bit of a plum in this department - infact the one time I met him, he came across as completely paranoid, to be honest.

Would that have been at the urinal?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes ROOL, it would.

But before then, he was banging on about disliking Clive Walker - for having the temerity to suggest Aldershot v Brighton might be a cup shock.

The you have the self inflicted Dave Cameron episode.

As I say, utterly paranoid.
paranoid.gif

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Simster said:
Yes ROOL, it would.

But before then, he was banging on about disliking Clive Walker - for having the temerity to suggest Aldershot v Brighton might be a cup shock.

The you have the self inflicted Dave Cameron episode.

As I say, utterly paranoid.
paranoid.gif

:lolol: I think the Clive Walker bit was after he came out of the bog, like Dick Jones did on the Robocop film, after hearing what we had said :eek:

Was funny though

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I've no idea where some people get the idea we're playing hoof football this season. We're playing the most attractive football we've played in ten years. As someone said near the beginning of this thread, I can understand Knight feeling hard done by last season when the football was rather more direct but this season we've played some nice stuff, along the ground. If he can't score now, then might I suggest he is not actually good enough? I see the Argus mentioned possible interest from Coppell in it's article today, no chance of that, League 1 is probably more Leon's standard on current showing.

I have to say I'd be completely non-plussed if he were to leave in the window, maybe we could get a left back in return? Knight isn't much better than Robinson and Jake is cuter :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:
I've no idea where some people get the idea we're playing hoof football this season. We're playing the most attractive football we've played in ten years. As someone said near the beginning of this thread, I can understand Knight feeling hard done by last season when the football was rather more direct but this season we've played some nice stuff, along the ground. If he can't score now, then might I suggest he is not actually good enough? I see the Argus mentioned possible interest from Coppell in it's article today, no chance of that, League 1 is probably more Leon's standard on current showing.

I have to say I'd be completely non-plussed if he were to leave in the window, maybe we could get a left back in return? Knight isn't much better than Robinson and Jake is cuter :)

Leon isnt much better than jake?

whats the punch line?

That has to be a joke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
nine goals in 61 league matches is a truly awful strike rate.
To be fair, he hasn't played as a striker in some of those games, and it's really not that much worse than the rest of our strikers. He would score more if we played to his strengths IMO, but I don't think we do (for the good of the team).

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
To be fair, he hasn't played as a striker in some of those games, and it's really not that much worse than the rest of our strikers. He would score more if we played to his strengths IMO, but I don't think we do (for the good of the team).

I guess partly we do not play to his strengths as we do not have the players. Our central midfielders struggle to play killer balls and too often the wingers cross as if there was a target man in the box. Against Palace, the Frutos cross for the first goal was how to play to Knight's strengths.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I guess partly we do not play to his strengths as we do not have the players. Our central midfielders struggle to play killer balls and too often the wingers cross as if there was a target man in the box. Against Palace, the Frutos cross for the first goal was how to play to Knight's strengths.

and leeds away, a game which he set two up and netted one

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i think knight is a terrific player. we don't look the same without him, because of his allround play. Yes, Hart played well, but is him and CKR a future partnership? it's good that knight hasn't said he wants to leave or anything. all this stuff about him not working hard is absolute shit IMO. As previously stated, he tormented palace twice, was involved in all 3 goals up at leeds and truly works hard. i would be severely pissed off if he left in the transfer window

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
Wise words. I'm not unhappy with our striker set up, and that includes McCammon. We desperately need a left back and a central midfielder - so it's a shame McGhee f***ed up with El Turi. If he hadn't made that mistake, I reckon he'd have brought in at least one player capable of playing in one of those positions and we'd be sitting midtable dreaming of the playoffs, not unlike, say, Burnley.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:

No chance of leon being good enough for Reading? a bit like Harding not being good enough for Leeds you mean?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
Wise words. I'm not unhappy with our striker set up, and that includes McCammon. We desperately need a left back and a central midfielder - so it's a shame McGhee f***ed up with El Turi. If he hadn't made that mistake, I reckon he'd have brought in at least one player capable of playing in one of those positions and we'd be sitting midtable dreaming of the playoffs, not unlike, say, Burnley.

Who signed John Spicer for 50k from bmuff. thats 100k less than el turi.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoehring said:
No chance of leon being good enough for Reading? a bit like Harding not being good enough for Leeds you mean?

Very much so, Harding looked comically bad when we played at Elland Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here