Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
You have to remember the person that is slating his scoring record and is very anti-Knight is very pro-McCammon and he has such a good scoring record.

going goals-per-game in the last 2 seasons, i would hazard a guess that mccammons record is better than knights

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
You have to remember the person that is slating his scoring record and is very anti-Knight is very pro-McCammon and he has such a good scoring record.

is that me ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Scotty M said:
going goals-per-game in the last 2 seasons, i would hazard a guess that mccammons record is better than knights

But then only one of McCammons goals has actually gained us points (Sunderland at home).

Last season Knight scored 4 times and all 4 of those were winners. This season the only game he has scored in that we have lost was the Palace game. So Knight has had the bigger impact, not hard when the competition is McCammon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
But then only one of McCammons goals has actually gained us points (Sunderland at home).
That is a shit argument against McCammon. At the time of scoring, some of them were important. He equalised TWICE against Derby.

I'm not saying McCammon is a good player, but I'm not convinced Robinson is any more effective than he is. I don't understand how he gets dragged into a thread on Leon Knight - it really isn't a straight choice between playing either Knight or McCammon is it?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
That is a shit argument against McCammon. At the time of scoring, some of them were important. He equalised TWICE against Derby.

I'm not saying McCammon is a good player, but I'm not convinced Robinson is any more effective than he is. I don't understand how he gets dragged into a thread on Leon Knight - it really isn't a straight choice between playing either Knight or McCammon is it?

At present it probably is. It would seems, as long as CKR does not get booked, it is him plus one, which in the weird and wonderful world of McGhee will probably be the lump of welded metal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:

Id go along with that, I think its more a choice between Jake "off side" robinson and Leon "the kid" Knight. Its a no brainer really.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i agree with earlier comments about needing a playmaker in central midfield with a small foward line and plenty of pace that would bring these players into effect a lot more. the defence then could concentrate on defending a lot more. we also need a quality left back.
personally i dont think the fowards have done that bad at all. we are half way through the season and knight has 5 goals if he can score the same amount in the second half of the season bringing up to 10 goals, which is not too bad a return for a team which we all knew were gonna be involved in a relegation battle his season, weather we like it or not.

The problem for leon is that we do not really have the team that can provide the sort of service he requires. At the moment our midfield simply cannot retain possession long enough to set him up.

We really do miss chippy right now. Not so much for he does himself, but also for bringing out the best in Hammond. When chippy was playing Hammond performed much better, since chippy has been out Hammond has had the bite taken out of his game.

To be fair to leon, he makes a pretty reasonable point, and i'm sure he is very frustrated. But, given the resources at our disposal he is going to have to make the best of what we've got, quit moaning and muck in with the other...or leave.

FWIW I think leon is the best footballer at the club and it is a shame that we cannot seem to make things work. I hope everyone resolves their differences. It looks like we are feeling the pressure of the relegation battle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyGoehring said:
Id go along with that, I think its more a choice between Jake "off side" robinson and Leon "the kid" Knight. Its a no brainer really.
And from the little I've seen of Robinson, I'd have to agree with that too.

CKR and Knight for me. But Robinson for Knight, and McC for CKR if required.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Simster said:
And from the little I've seen of Robinson, I'd have to agree with that too.

CKR and Knight for me. But Robinson for Knight, and McC for CKR if required.

i agree with that. just wish knight would run about a bit more. and look like he is bothered.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
At present it probably is. It would seems, as long as CKR does not get booked, it is him plus one, which in the weird and wonderful world of McGhee will probably be the lump of welded metal.
a) Your argument against McCammon is still pony (i.e. that only one of his goals actually seems to count) and b) you have no evidence of the above in any case. I don't think McGhee has once started McC and CKR together when all four are available to him.

I think McGhee puts a lot of weight on players who will do as they're told, which to a certain extent is fair enough. After all, he's the one who stands to lose his job if things go tits up.

In the end, he has signed some exciting players, we're 2 points clear of the drop zone and I reckon we actually look a more solid all-round side than last season, and are more likely to score goals than last season. Consequently, I'll happily back him to play McC even if I have misgivings about the guy's ability.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
graz126 said:
i agree with that. just wish knight would run about a bit more. and look like he is bothered.
He blatently is bothered. If not, he wouldn't have had his silly HISSY FIT last week. It's just obvious that he feels we're not playing to his strengths at the moment (and he's right). As long as he accepts that this is for the good of the team, then I've got no problem with him talking about his playing frustrations in this way.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Knight's general play has from the admittedly little I've seen this season been pretty good. He tormented Palace in both games against them, and was also excellent against Plymouth - and i know I'm not the only one who thought this after those games, there were threads galore about how skilful, tricky and hardworking he was.

So suddenly he gets dropped, says something pretty non-controversial to the press and suddenly everyone is saying he's shit again:glare: ???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
graz126 said:

He runs alot, not as much as robinson due to the fact he runs around like a headless chicken

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
He blatently is bothered. If not, he wouldn't have had his silly HISSY FIT last week. It's just obvious that he feels we're not playing to his strengths at the moment (and he's right). As long as he accepts that this is for the good of the team, then I've got no problem with him talking about his playing frustrations in this way.

I agree with you AGAIN :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here