Votes: 143 69.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Just a reminder if they haven't been posted before.

It was terrific to see Brighton go down. I was absolutely delighted that they got relegated. You cannot understand how happy I was. But I don't want to be playing them next season. Hopefully, we can leapfrog them as they come down. (Leon Knight, 20/4/2006)

Hell no, I don't want to go back to that shoebox (the Withdean Stadium). I heard their captain Charlie Oatway saying it was bad that I was happy when they got relegated but when I left there I didn't hear anything from them saying good luck. In all honesty I think they will stone me if I went back to Brighton. Anyway, hopefully we won't have to go there next season. (Leon Knight, 21/5/2006)

No, ta.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Leon never had a problem with the fans, just with the manager.

Yes, apparently every manager he's played under though. The plain fact is that he has lost his way and is not the player he was.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'd take him back as we could use his goals. There's no doubt it would be an unpopular signing with most of the fans - and probably quite a few of the senior players who were here when he was. But he'd have to change his attitude - could Adams do that......
It won't happen, sadly for a talent like his, he's doomed....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd take him back as we could use his goals. There's no doubt it would be an unpopular signing with most of the fans - and probably quite a few of the senior players who were here when he was. But he'd have to change his attitude - could Adams do that......
It won't happen, sadly for a talent like his, he's doomed....

It's all very well saying that Adams could change his attitude but how many of his previous managers have also tried ? The plain truth is that he's not delivering at a lower level and it would seem pretty likely that he has off field issues that are proving detrimental to his game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leon never had a problem with the fans, just with the manager.

The problem stemmed from Knight's inabilty to cut it at Championship level, but feel free to blame a manager who went out of his way to find a place in the team for a forward who never delivered at Championship level in ANY position, To see how this myth, that it's all MM's fault that Knight was useless above League 1, has grown and now seems to be accepted by the those who either didn't actually see him play at that level or who couldn't bear to think it was 'ickle Leon rather than McGhees fault, is mildly amusing even now.

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
One of the most gifted players I have seen in an albion shirt.

Obviously had his problems but the majority of people on here seem to think Micky Adams is a good man manager so why not give him a go?

I think our team is lacking an arrogant player who mocks other teams with his skill.

Dare I say it but Knight and Murray upfront - if given the right service - would tear up this division.

Not that the majorty of Brighton fans would ever accept him. Most would be waiting for him to have a bad game so they could release their vitriol on him.

Mocks other teams with his skill????

So he's been doing that since he left us, has he?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Just a reminder if they haven't been posted before.

Hell no, I don't want to go back to that shoebox (the Withdean Stadium). I heard their captain Charlie Oatway saying it was bad that I was happy when they got relegated but when I left there I didn't hear anything from them saying good luck. In all honesty I think they will stone me if I went back to Brighton. Anyway, hopefully we won't have to go there next season. (Leon Knight, 21/5/2006)
No, ta.

Is it too late to wish him good luck?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The problem stemmed from Knight's inabilty to cut it at Championship level, but feel free to blame a manager who went out of his way to find a place in the team for a forward who never delivered at Championship level in ANY position, To see how this myth, that it's all MM's fault that Knight was useless above League 1, has grown and now seems to be accepted by the those who either didn't actually see him play at that level or who couldn't bear to think it was 'ickle Leon rather than McGhees fault, is mildly amusing even now.

Ain't that the truth. Far from being McGhee’s fault, we can now say in hindsight that Leon Knight was actually a Mcghee success story. He played under him for around 2 seasons, scored goals and we received money for him when we sold him. 125K! No other manager (maybe Coppell) has got as much out of him before or since or if they have for nothing like the period of time that McGhee did. Undoubtedly, Mcghee messed a few things up when he was here but Leon Knight wasn’t one of them.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Would personally drive to whichever shithole town he is playing for at the moment, and bring him back myself.

Quality player, great goalscorer, has "all the toys" (even if he does throw them out of the pram from time to time).

New gaffer, fresh start, sign him NOW!!

Would personally drive to whichever shithole town he is playing for at the moment, and bring him back myself.

Quality player, great goalscorer, has "all the toys" (even if he does throw them out of the pram from time to time).

New gaffer, fresh start, sign him NOW!!

Now I know this thread has degenerated into a giant piss-take.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It actually doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what he has, or hasn't done, for other clubs.

The fact is, he HAS done it for us.
How many of you would turn down another 27 goals from him this season.

Whatever you think of the lad - he has talent.

When was the last time we scored a goal like the flick in against palace?
When was the last time we had someone that run at a centre half and have him shitting his pants cos he hasn't a clue what the striker might do next.

He is exciting, quick and goal hungry.

He is also a lazy, gobby and a complete arsehole.
But I don't care, you score goals, you win games - end of!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He WAS exciting, quick and goal-hungry.

Whatever he has done for us in the past is irrelevant. Could he still do it now? Why would he suddenly start doing it for us when he couldn't do it for Wycombe Wanderers or the teams he has been with between us and them.

His attitude apart, I wouldn't have him back simply on his form in the last three years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here