Well would you?

• Yes i would ,He got us out of L1 before

Votes: 46 22.3%
  • No,causes to may problems

Votes: 143 69.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

It actually doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what he has, or hasn't done, for other clubs.

The fact is, he HAS done it for us.
How many of you would turn down another 27 goals from him this season.

Of course it makes a difference what he's done at other clubs because it's an accurate indicator of what he's capable of NOW. That is clearly to play in non-league football based on his goal scoring 'exploits' of late. Factor in his total inability to work with any manager he's ever been employed by (other than McGhee) and it's clear that The Albion will never bring the little twat back. I'd be surprised if any club is willing to risk signing a disruptive little wanker for a handful of goals when he first joins.

Take away the penalties in that 27 goal season and what are you left with? A 34 year old Forster is a far better goal scorer than Leon Shite will ever be.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
To those of you that are suggesting he can't do it any more.......he's 25 ffs.
Of course he can still do it.

He just needs a decent man-manger to give him a chance, and help shape him into the player he has the potential to be.

He played in a Champions League game at 18, under one of the greatest football managers the world's ever seen.

Still, not good enough for us is he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Of course it makes a difference what he's done at other clubs because it's an accurate indicator of what he's capable of NOW. That is clearly to play in non-league football based on his goal scoring 'exploits' of late. Factor in his total inability to work with any manager he's ever been employed by (other than McGhee) and it's clear that The Albion will never bring the little twat back. I'd be surprised if any club is willing to risk signing a disruptive little wanker for a handful of goals when he first joins.

Take away the penalties in that 27 goal season and what are you left with? A 34 year old Forster is a far better goal scorer than Leon Shite will ever be.

Stupid nonsense.

A certain Eric Cantona was thrown out of every club he ever signed for due to his idleness, arrogance, violent outbursts and a complete inability to accept being managed.

I seem to remember he turned out to be a half decent player.

Any manager willing to invest some time and effort in Knight, could well have a little gem on their hands.

Problem is, most football managers are arrogant twats themselves, and just can't be arsed.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He played in a Champions League game at 18, under one of the greatest football managers the world's ever seen.

Why did the greatest manager get rid of him then?

That was 8 years ago - no relevance to now.

In my view every team he has played for has got rid of him becuse of his attitude AND the lack of quality he showed on the pitch. Maybe that quality is still there somewhere but he has done a brilliant job of hiding it.

We would be MAD to have him back.

Stupid nonsense.

A certain Eric Cantona was thrown out of every club he ever signed for due to his idleness, arrogance, violent outbursts and a complete inability to accept being managed.

I seem to remember he turned out to be a half decent player.

Any manager willing to invest some time and effort in Knight, could well have a little gem on their hands.

You're getting silly now-likening Shite to Cantona. And you say I posted stupid nonsense?

As for the 'willing to invest time and effort in Knight' bit: how long was he here? 2 years? How much more time is needed for "I'm Leon Shite, I used to play for Chelsea"?

You're not his agent are you?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough

He just needs a decent man-manger to give him a chance, and help shape him into the player he has the potential to be.

recent form for other clubs shows at the moment he can't do it. Whatever he had during his time with us seems to have gone probably due to his attitude. If he needs careful attemntion to get the best out of him, how do you think other, more proffesional, players would start to feel? could cause so much more problems for a risk of seeing IF he could reproduce form from years ago

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A resounding and emphatic No... just too much of a negative impact on the whole squad...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If he is not good enough for Wycombe, why would he do a job for us, i would like to see Sam Parkin at the club. I remember him saying he hated Leon Knight's guts. That to me is a very good indicator of a player with a brain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A turd who scored goals for fun and took us to the Championship.

Give me him over Gatting, Hart et al any day of the week.

At least Leon Knight can:

a) Control the ball.
b) Pass to a team member.
c) Shoot.
d) Score one on ones...

etc etc

e) Turn up late for training
f) Turn up drunk for training
g) Constantly dive, game after game
h) Sit on his arse, crying, with his little arms outstretched
i) Piss off his team-mates
j) Disprespect the fans and the club

etc, etc....

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
A turd who scored goals for fun and took us to the Championship.

Give me him over Gatting, Hart et al any day of the week.

At least Leon Knight can:

a) Control the ball.
b) Pass to a team member.
c) Shoot.
d) Score one on ones...

etc etc

Wycombe Wanderers seem to disagree with you...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If his bad attitude was confined solely to himself Mr B, then it would have been slightly be more tolerable. It wasn't however, and infected and involved many more Albion players, including one Turkish based, Champions League Star who's ego was ripe for Knight-induced explosion. CKR turned up late and drunk for training with Mr Knight, on at least one occasion, at which point the pair of them ran one lap of a pitch then collapsed and were sick.

Terrific 'flair'. Most helpful.

In fact, I believe even your beloved Dutch friend was affected, by the DARK SIDE. Bad times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not suggesting that FDM stepped out of line particularly, just that Knight engendered a shit attitude generally, and many were caught in the fallout. Southampton away springs to mind....

not just us.

couldn't even hack it for wycombe's RESERVES!!!!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If he is not good enough for Wycombe, why would he do a job for us, i would like to see Sam Parkin at the club. I remember him saying he hated Leon Knight's guts. That to me is a very good indicator of a player with a brain

Signing Sam Parkin would be fine by me and would be supplement the current attacking options very nicely. Without wanting to bully the disabled kid but surely Luton players will be ripe for the picking in their current situation...In that I would imagine most Hatters players will have one eye on getting out of Kenilworth Road ASAP.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
TonyW is talking rubbish.

Knight NEVER played in a CL game for Chelsea, he played a few minutes in the UEFA cup in 2001 in one of those ties they lost to Viking FC or whoever it was.

He scored 25 goals in 2003/04 and actually looked out of form even before we had got promoted. It wasn't just him who got us out of this league, a very solid defence helped as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here