Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Sold!!!

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
fosters headband said:
Oh dont start on assist's Keeper, that is reserved for our star striker who cant score in a brothel, but help's others to get their cocks in. Waits for Kinky and Toad to respond.

But who assisted the assist ? :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
Thanks Dan, oh sorry zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sending yourself to sleep again Piers?

Seriously though do you honestly think Brooker was better than Carole, or is it just for the wind up, general concensus from anyone I have spoken to about Seb is that he is the most gifted winger to play for us in the last 10 years.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Sending yourself to sleep again Piers?

Seriously though do you honestly think Brooker was better than Carole, or is it just for the wind up, general concensus from anyone I have spoken to about Seb is that he is the most gifted winger to play for us in the last 10 years.

I think Carole is a talent, it is just that season when Brooker was on fire, he was more developed than Carole is now. Carole will be a better player than Brooker every was, but it is the for the future and here and now issue that we have.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
bhaexpress said:
I don't think so .... He had a miserable time at Wendy and 'Uddersfield so I can't see him going to Yorkshire.

he did really well and scored plenty of goals at huddersfield if my memory serves me right.
personally i think if this is true it will be a good deal for us. although i dont mind leon.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The Keeper said:
Off to Sheffield Utd in January in a deal with Shipperly coming our way plus cash!

IMO Warnock is probably the only boss around who could get the full potential out of the lazy !!!!!

An aquaintence of mine who is a STH at Bramball lane says the deal has all but been completed!

Could be a load of bollocks but he told me about Cullip going there a month before he signed.

Watch this space :wave:

Shipperley 6/10 - Rarely won a header and offered little in terms of hold-up play. He has been flagging the last few weeks and only the lack of a ready-made replacement has seen him keep his place for me. Pericard has not taken his chance when he has played and Warnock has to enter the market in January for his 'big' striker.

Shipperly rating against Sheffield Wednesday on the fans site.
Love the comment about a big replacement, Leon really fit's the bill

:lolol: :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Leon will more likely be a replacement for Kabba.

If true of course.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
KinkyGoehring said:
The same as Brooker, Jonah And even Zamora towards the end.
Brighton dont like skillfull players, how long before the fans turn on Carole?

To be fair, Brighton fans don't appear to like 'grafters' either. Look at the slating Oatway often gets...

Football fans are FICKLE. Always have been and always will be.

Of the three skillfull players you mention, Brooker did come in for what I think was unfair criticism. Jones didn't get it too bad in my opinion, and Zamora was accused by a few of not caring in the latter part of the season (even though he scored in each of the last three games).

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Back to the actual theme of the thread....I would be chuffed if this is true, as much as I don't want to lose Leon, Shipperley is exactly what we need - a big target man who is banging in the goals. I was hoping we were going to get him in the summer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhaexpress said:
I don't think so .... He had a miserable time at Wendy and 'Uddersfield so I can't see him going to Yorkshire.

Maybe but his bird still lives in Uddersfield so he may be looking for a move back oop north....

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
If this is true (and it's a long old shot) then it would be ironic if the player we should and could have signed in the summer (according to McGhee detractors) replaces the player we should never get rid of.

Or am I being a bit Alanis about it?

Either way I would jump at the chance if it were true. Hell, i'd jump at the chance of swapping him for David Johnson at Nottingham Forest. It's clear that Knight just doesn't work in this team and for our sake and his it's better if he goes. As said in the Argus today, if he was scoring goals and playing well then the manager could gritt his teeth and put up with his attitude. We cannot afford to carry a disruptive element simply on the off chance that he "might" score 5 goals in the 2nd half of the season. It's better we risk getting in a new player who "might" score 5 goals but will probably have a more positive attitude in training.

In League 1 he is excellent because he has an extra yard on the opposing defenders. At this level the defenders are quicker and know how to deal with pacy strikers by fair means or foul. I can see Leon playing for someone like MK Dons (although I don't think they'd swap Izale McLeod for him) and doing well for them. Doubtless we'll get constant career updates on him by his supporters who'll use it as a stick to bash McGhee with, as is happening with Iwelumo.

He's now had problems with Lou Macari, Chris Turner, Ian Holloway and Mark McGhee and according to Gary Chivers he also had some "differences" with the Chelsea coaching team. There is something wrong here, there can be no denying. You could claim that all four of those managers are tough on discipline and will brook no opposition from players, but then what manager doesn't? Would someone like Adrian Boothroyd at Watford be good for him? Look at the way he has revitalised Marlon King, does that mean he could do the same for Leon. Even though it looks like Knight is finished with us I still want to see him do well because he is a talented player and it's better to see that talent used than be wasted. I would take no pleasure in seeing him fade away like Rod Thomas.

On the subject of Brooker vs Carole, I have to say i'm firmly in the Carole camp. Paul Brooker was a great little player for us who was an important player in the 3 and a bit seasons he was here. Lord knows he used to get enough stick off people sitting around me at Withdean but I was always ready to stick up for him. However I think that Carole is an exciting player, a player who I feel can make things happen. After that game against Crewe I could see that we had found a diamond in Carole. Could well end up with certain sections of our support turning on him, tis always the way with creative players that some would see graft than art. The main person on here who slagged off Zamora was FG/Ernest which tells it's own story. I will say Kinky that I thought it was going to be you who turned on Carole as a reaction to the praise he was receiving on here. You started making comments a month or so back that he "didn't release the ball quickly enough", I assumed that this was an attempt to provide some balance to the hype he was getting on here?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Oh and here's Colins reaction to their 3-0 win over Burnley in which Shipperley scored 2 goals:

"Neil knows I will be desperately trying to sign a better player than him in January."

I think that's the latest in a number of digs that Warnock has made about the player. Seems he doesn't rate him anymore and he isn't shy about getting rid of players if he doesn't rate them anymore. Just ask Cullip.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
KinkyGoehring said:
Good luck Leon if its true :clap:

Brighton fans dont deserve you

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but if there's any truth in it I concur with the above comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here