Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight not in squad....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Well then you're an idiot. It was Knight's vision and technique that made an excellent crossing oppurtunity. No other player in our squad would've done that.

I think about 85% of our players at least could do that. If you cant see a run and pass into an open space they you shouldnt really be playing at this level.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
I think about 85% of our players at least could do that. If you cant see a run and pass into an open space they you shouldnt really be playing at this level.
Were you actually there?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
A fully-motivated Leon Knight is a real asset to this club.

A de-motivated Leon Knight is most definately NOT.

For us at the moment, it's all about punching above our weight and trying to consolidate in this division.

Mark McGhee needs ALL his players to run their bollocks off and work like f*** for the good of the team and he doesn't need ridiculous displays of petulence if he decides to take a player off.

I can't believe the decision was taken lightly - we will know in 24 hours time what effect it had on the rest of the team.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Some people have a very simplistic view of football; you can't judge a striker simply on goals any more than you can criticise a holding midifielder for not getting enough assists. Knight's job is to play to his strengths, and as a creative forward with sublime passing and vision, there are few better in the league - I'd be very suprised if any of our players have more assists.

Goals are a part of his game, but not the only part. He's been excellent this year, and McGhee had better judged this right (if true).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Remind me again what happened the last time Leon was dropped by MM ??

I think it was at Upton Park last year ...

Remind me again of the result .....

Not saying we will do the same at Britannia but just coz Leon ain't in the team doesn't mean we've lost already.

I'd love to see El Turi get a hat-trick and keep Leon out for next Sunday's big game too ...

Was Leon "more hungry" for football after last year's omission against whu (one of you will remember) - if he was, having him hungry for the Palace game will be a MM masterstroke ....

We must wait and see, then some of us can shout "Told you so!"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So let me get this straight, Leon can behave like a petulant immature twat but because he's better than anyone else in the team (allegedly) that's ok?

f*** me I'm glad those defending him aren't managing this club :rolleyes:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
So let me get this straight, Leon can behave like a petulant immature twat but because he's better than anyone else in the team (allegedly) that's ok?

f*** me I'm glad those defending him aren't managing this club :rolleyes:

Well said. We would have a very unhappy squad if that was the case.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
First of all WHO says that Leon isn't in the squad?

The official site names him in the squad and states he could be left on the bench.

Leon Knight could be looking at a place on the bench after snubbing McGhee during the 1-1 draw with Wolves.
The striker was unhappy at being substituted in the second half, but McGhee is adamant he made the right decision, and is now considering leaving the hitman on the bench on Saturday.

"I wasn't happy with the way Leon left the field but I don't think there was a single person in the ground who disagreed with my decision.

"He came off because of his performance. I judged he was the one to come off and as a result of his performance and then when he came off I'll consider whether he should be in the team or not."

Elsewhere, Albion have no fresh injury concerns in the aftermath of Tuesday night's match. Charlie Oatway (neck), Albert Jarrett (foot), Richard Carpenter (foot), Mark McCammon (ankle) and Adam Hinshelwood (cruciate) are all ruled out, while Paul McShane plays his last game before serving a one-match suspension.

Albion: (4-4-2) Blayney; Hart, McShane, Butters, Reid; Carole, Nicolas, Hammond, Frutos; Knight (Robinson), Kazim-Richards. Subs from: Chaigneau (GK), Dodd, Robinson, Turienzo, El-Abd, Elphick, Mayo.

Albion Kit: All navy

Click here for Stoke's team news

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
First of all WHO says that Leon isn't in the squad?

The official site names him in the squad and states he could be left on the bench.

Leon Knight could be looking at a place on the bench after snubbing McGhee during the 1-1 draw with Wolves.
The striker was unhappy at being substituted in the second half, but McGhee is adamant he made the right decision, and is now considering leaving the hitman on the bench on Saturday.

"I wasn't happy with the way Leon left the field but I don't think there was a single person in the ground who disagreed with my decision.

"He came off because of his performance. I judged he was the one to come off and as a result of his performance and then when he came off I'll consider whether he should be in the team or not."

Elsewhere, Albion have no fresh injury concerns in the aftermath of Tuesday night's match. Charlie Oatway (neck), Albert Jarrett (foot), Richard Carpenter (foot), Mark McCammon (ankle) and Adam Hinshelwood (cruciate) are all ruled out, while Paul McShane plays his last game before serving a one-match suspension.

Albion: (4-4-2) Blayney; Hart, McShane, Butters, Reid; Carole, Nicolas, Hammond, Frutos; Knight (Robinson), Kazim-Richards. Subs from: Chaigneau (GK), Dodd, Robinson, Turienzo, El-Abd, Elphick, Mayo.

Albion Kit: All navy

Click here for Stoke's team news

Don't you come on here spoiling a full blooded discussion with information that renders the whole thread POINTLESS :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Icy Gull said:
Don't you come on here spoiling a full blooded discussion with information that renders the whole thread POINTLESS :p

Apologies.
I should never let FACTS get in the way of an Nsc thread. :dunce:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
If we take last season and this one, both Jake and CKR have a better goals per game ratio than Leon
Leon, 7 in 50.
Jake, 1 in 11.
Colin, 5 in 18 (3 of the goals and 10 of the starts at League Two level).

???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not like the official site has never been wrong. Remember when Henderson got injured and Blayney came in? There was nothing about that on there until after the game, it still said everyone was fit beforehand.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
...with Knight we would seriously have hammered Stoke 4-0 with the striking Knight banging a hatrick in.

Bartender, I'll have what he's having -- but fer chrissakes, don't make it a double.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here