Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
I give up - if you think Jake and ckr are a threat its up to you

Totally missing the point again

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
brightonfan_86 said:
When he was going to sign a contract with us, he said he was single and he wasn't looking for a Girlfriend just wants to concentrate on his football.

:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Silent Bob said:
I'm on neither side. I think we should play our best players though. Showing desire to play is not something I'd drop one for.

Sorry, fella. That reaction to be being subbed had f*** all to do with desire and everything to do with Leon's ego and feeling humiliated. But that's just tough. McGhee is the manager and is well within his rights to drop him if he feels he has behaved like a prick. Some people on here really can't handle McGhee dishing out discipline on Leon.

I agree it's a stupid decision, but only for Leon's sake, but then the squad is not all about Leon, thankfully.

If you were a boss, and one of your employees gave you grief in front of your paying clients, would you expect to carry on as though nothing happened? I would expect a bollocking at the very least - and be expected to take it.

Happily, what it also does mean is that McGhee has faith in the other strikers, which can only be encouraging. Doubtless he will alter the tactics accordingly to account for the lack of whatever Leon can bring to the side.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
When he was going to sign a contract with us, he said he was single and he wasn't looking for a Girlfriend just wants to concentrate on his football.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
There more of a goal threat than Leon to be fair.

cant be bothered to look up the stats again but leon has set up more than those two put together and is an all round better player.

o i cant wait - im gettin extra drunk on the train tomorrow

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Sorry, fella. That reaction to be being subbed had f*** all to do with desire and everything to do with Leon's ego and feeling humiliated. But that's just tough. McGhee is the manager and is well within his rights to drop him if he feels he has behaved like a prick. Some people on here really can't handle McGhee dishing out discipline on Leon.

I agree it's a stupid decision, but only for Leon's sake, but then the squad is not all about Leon, thankfully.

If you were a boss, and one of your employees gave you grief in front of your paying clients, would you expect to carry on as though nothing happened? I would expect a bollocking at the very least - and be expected to take it.

Happily, what it also does mean is that McGhee has faith in the other strikers, which can only be encouraging. Doubtless he will alter the tactics accordingly to account for the lack of whatever Leon can bring to the side.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
cant be bothered to look up the stats again but leon has set up more than those two put together and is an all round better player.

o i cant wait - im gettin extra drunk on the train tomorrow

But those two have only played something like half the games Leon has in fact im probably more confident we will when tomorrow than any of the other games this season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
But those two have only played something like half the games Leon has in fact im probably more confident we will when tomorrow than any of the other games this season.

leaons played 16
jake 11
ckr 9

off the top of my head - not really half.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
leaons played 16
jake 11
ckr 9

off the top of my head - not really half.

Ok there is still quite a bit off a difference in games played tho.
If they had all played the same amont of games it would be fairly even and maybe CKR/Jake would have more goals and be as creative.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
But all decent managers can handle players like Knight - Coppell could.

Yep, Coppell also thought Virgo was shit. I think McGhee handles Leon quite well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Like i said im just going to get shit faced on the train tomrrow and enjoy the trip.
Which is more than can be said for most of the posters on here - im not even a "proper" fan

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
But all decent managers can handle players like Knight - Coppell could.
So can McGhee, quite comfortably.

Proof being that Leon hasn't behaved like this for quite a while - at least this calendar year to my recollection. He started the season in fine form, and I was convinced his petulant days were behind him. Why he's returned to this behaviour, which started creeping in a couple of games ago (feigning injury/arms thrown in the air in despair etc) I have no idea - could be any number of things which don't even concern his professional life, who knows?

But if he - or anyone else for that matter - steps out of line, they can expect a reprimand.

Are you implying that dropping him is not a method of 'handling' him? If you excuse mixing my sporting metaphors, I would say that the ball is in Leon's court now.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
Yep, Coppell also thought Virgo was shit. I think McGhee handles Leon quite well.

No he never said he was shit - Blackwell, Cullip ingarmarson(spl) and an inform mayo was better - and they were.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
So can McGhee, quite comfortably.

Proof being that Leon hasn't behaved like this for quite a while - at least this calendar year to my recollection. He started the season in fine form, and I was convinced his petulant days were behind him. Why he's returned to this behaviour, I have no idea - could be any number of things which don't even concern his professional life, who knows?

But if he - or anyone else for that matter - steps out of line, they can expect a reprimand.

Are you implying that dropping him is not a method of 'handling' him? If you excuse mixing my sporting metaphors, I would say that the ball is in Leon's court now.

He really is wasted at this club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here