Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight not in squad....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Currently, clubs can demand a transfer fee for any player who is under contract. When players are out of contract they have the right to join a club outside Britain for free - enabling them to negotiate a more lucrative deal for themselves - or sign for another British club who must pay a fee decided by a transfer tribunal.

Under the new rules, however, players over 24-years-old on June 30 and at the end of their contracts will be entitled to walk out and join another club for free without a transfer fee being involved.

Clubs will still be able to demand a fee for all players who are under contract and for those under 24 who are out of contract.

Above from google.

Therfore its any player not just one that has come through the ranks.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Words fail me.

Of course McGhee can handle him. Leon just doesn't like it, which is Leon's problem - not McGhee's. His talent isn't THAT good in proportion to his attitude. Eric Cantona, Robin Friday, Ruud Gullit, George Best - all utter footballing geniuses with attitude. Leon Knight? Dream on.

Yes but they were playing in the top flight - Brighton are struggling to servive in this league

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
Currently, clubs can demand a transfer fee for any player who is under contract. When players are out of contract they have the right to join a club outside Britain for free - enabling them to negotiate a more lucrative deal for themselves - or sign for another British club who must pay a fee decided by a transfer tribunal.

Under the new rules, however, players over 24-years-old on June 30 and at the end of their contracts will be entitled to walk out and join another club for free without a transfer fee being involved.

Clubs will still be able to demand a fee for all players who are under contract and for those under 24 who are out of contract.

Above from google.

Therfore its any player not just one that has come through the ranks.

Fair enough sir - i doff my cap

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bloody MM needs stringing up if we lose - i stand to be corrected if Pepsi Max and South coast Rooney blaze a trail but..... We will see.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goring Gull said:
Bloody MM needs stringing up if we lose - i stand to be corrected if Pepsi Max and South coast Rooney blaze a trail but..... We will see.
:lolol: :jester:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
You may laugh but defeat will now well and truely lie in the Hans of MM, with knight we would seriously have hammered Stoke 4-0 with the striking Knight banging a hatrick in.

MM may yet have played a winning hand part of me fancies the South coast Rooney to set the Britannia pitch alight with his wicked runs and scorching shots.

Just if it doesn't come off MM deserves the earache i expect the Albion faithful to give him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Goring Gull said:

Dont really think he needs to be strung up. Leon has not been playing that well the last three games. He needs to be brought back down to earth. If he has this game out im sure he will want to place at Palace and prove McGhee wrong.
Even if we get beat tomorrow i wont pass judgement on him till after Palace.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes but they were playing in the top flight - Brighton are struggling to servive in this league

Robin Friday never played in the top flight, shuffled around the old 2nd and 3rd with Reading and Cardiff.

Minton used to be exactly the same telling all the players that he was the best player at the club and the only one ever likely to be sold for any money. That's why MA wanted shot of him and where is he and his ego now?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
Dont really think he needs to be strung up. Leon has not been playing that well the last three games. He needs to be brought back down to earth. If he has this game out im sure he will want to place at Palace and prove McGhee wrong.
Even if we get beat tomorrow i wont pass judgement on him till after Palace.

Not been playing well but still managed to create chances, help set up goal and crash a shot on the uder side of the bar.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goring Gull said:
You may laugh but defeat will now well and truely lie in the Hans of MM, with knight we would seriously have hammered Stoke 4-0 with the striking Knight banging a hatrick in.

MM may yet have played a winning hand part of me fancies the South coast Rooney to set the Britannia pitch alight with his wicked runs and scorching shots.

Just if it doesn't come off MM deserves the earache i expect the Albion faithful to give him.
Are you Ernest is disguise?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
Minton used to be exactly the same telling all the players that he was the best player at the club and the only one ever likely to be sold for any money. That's why MA wanted shot of him and where is he and his ego now?

I seem to recall it was Minton who chose to leave, wrong decision though he did make. If this is true, McGhee's making a brave call, knowingly weakening his team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Not been playing well but still managed to create chances, help set up goal and crash a shot on the uder side of the bar.

Which is what a centre midfielder should do. He however is not a cm. In the last three games what goal did he create? I think a drop will do him good. it will also give a chance for CKR and Robinson to try and bond together as they will probably be the future strike force of this club.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The goal against Ipswich. Also created the chance for Hammond against Wolves that would and should have won us the game.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
The goal against Ipswich. Also created the chance for Hammond against Wolves that would and should have won us the game.

Im fairly sure that was carole. Hammond against Wolves is a fair point. But the ipswich goal was defo Carole.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Against Ipswich it was Knight's ball out to Kazim-Richards who crossed it for Hammond.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Repugnant Toad said:
I seem to recall it was Minton who chose to leave, wrong decision though he did make. If this is true, McGhee's making a brave call, knowingly weakening his team.

Bit of both, Minton's contract was up and MA was not that interested in trying to get him to sign a new one. Point is Minton was a very disruptive influence in the dressing room during his time with us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Against Ipswich it was Knight's ball out to Kazim-Richards who crossed it for Hammond.

Sorry was thinking of wolves. I also think CKR and Hammond done most of the work for that goal not Knight.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well then you're an idiot. It was Knight's vision and technique that made an excellent crossing oppurtunity. No other player in our squad would've done that.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I dont think 7 goals in his last 54 games is good enough to be included as a striker and his work rate and tackling would not make him a good choice for a midfield position for me.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
I dont think 7 goals in his last 54 games is good enough to be included as a striker
It is if you've got no one better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here