Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight not in squad....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Leon, 7 in 50.
Jake, 1 in 11.
Colin, 5 in 18 (3 of the goals and 10 of the starts at League Two level).

???

Robinson is 12 and 2.

If you divide the amount of goals by the amount of apperances it reads as follows.

Leon = 1 goal every 7.14 games.
Jake= 1 goal every 6 games.
CKR= 1 goal every 3.6 games or for us 1 goal every 4 games.

Leon therefore has the worst srike rate!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's teaching Knight and lesson and there is being plain stupid. If Leon has been dropped for his actions on Tuesday then Ill be ASTOUNDED, McGhee would have made a right BALLS UP. You have a chat to him, as he has done in the past, and tell him to go and show why he shouldn't be subbbed. Leaving your best player at home is NEVER a good idea.

Saying that, I think he'll play.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
DAMANCLAY said:
Robinson is 12 and 2.

If you divide the amount of goals by the amount of apperances it reads as follows.

Leon = 1 goal every 7.14 games.
Jake= 1 goal every 6 games.
CKR= 1 goal every 3.6 games or for us 1 goal every 4 games.

Leon therefore has the worst srike rate!
Add jakes goals for Aldershot and its even better

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There's teaching Knight and lesson and there is being plain stupid. If Leon has been dropped for his actions on Tuesday then Ill be ASTOUNDED, McGhee would have made a right BALLS UP. You have a chat to him, as he has done in the past, and tell him to go and show why he shouldn't be subbbed. Leaving your best player at home is NEVER a good idea.

Even though we won at West Ham without him?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
Add jakes goals for Aldershot and its even better
So you can add Jake's goals in the Conference but not Leon's in Division Two? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Is it because he's black?? :D

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Silent Bob said:
So you can add Jake's goals in the Conference but not Leon's in Division Two? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Is it because he's black?? :D

Silent thats because it was the season before.

I did say lets take last season and this one so far.
Please try and keep up

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Happy how can we compare the last second division season, Jake and Ckr were just not playing then.
They were both only 16 then

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well how can we compare Leon as he has never played at such a low level? The lowest he has played is Division Two where for us he scored 26 in 46 for us, and 16 in 31 for Huddersfield. :shootself

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Bit late in on this thread, but anyone know why suddenly it seemed Leon "switched off" in the second half against Wolves?

McGhee mentions that "I don't think there was a single person in he ground who disagreed with my decision"

I didn't, if anythin he was to slow to do it I thought!

It's a shame, Leon has been playing so well of late and without that attitude we saw often last year.

He will be missed.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I give up with you Bob. You put the data up and I used it for the last one and half season's.
Even Virgo who was a defender did better than him last season..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
I give up with you Bob. You put the data up and I used it for the last one and half season's.
Even Virgo who was a defender did better than him last season..
I give up with you because you clearly have some kind of pathological dislike for Leon Knight. Why the last one and a half seasons? Why not just each players stats AT THIS LEVEL?

Comparing goal stats is interesting but missing the point a bit - it's a question of recent form. He is being threatened with being dropped because he was very ineffective in one game on Tuesday against Wolves, after not being particularly on top form against Ipswich, and aggravated it by petulant behaviour.

We have other options up front that deserve their chance now - it's about them getting their chance, not about Leon, and I'm sure we're all united in hoping Leon will do much better than against Wolves when his chance comes again (which I'm sure it will soon given the amount of good games he's had this season).

Silent Bob said:
I give up with you because you clearly have some kind of pathological dislike for Leon Knight. Why the last one and a half seasons? Why not just each players stats AT THIS LEVEL?

Knight does get a lot of unfair criticism but you have to allow for the possibility that sometimes it's deserved. This time is one of those latter cases.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Knight does get a lot of unfair criticism but you have to allow for the possibility that sometimes it's deserved. This time is one of those latter cases.
So you would say being totally dropped is justified? He may not have been at his best the last two games, but no other striker has been as effective as him.

Silent Bob said:
So you would say being totally dropped is justified? He may not have been at his best the last two games, but no other striker has been as effective as him.

I think he needed to be shown that the world doesn't revolve around him. He was poor against Wolves and deserved to be subbed. He shouldn't have acted the way he did, and i'm sure this will only prove to be positive for the team as a whole.

If El Turi, Jake or CKR play well and score tomorrow, then people won't even care Leon never played.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leon has a girlfriend up in Huddersfield according to an interview he came.

What he has to realise is that McGhee has worked hard to get where he is. He picks the team and deserves respect from his players. He made the decision to take off Leon, and he should live with that.

Leon was probably due a rest, he is a small chap and still young, and 50 games or so depending how we do in the FA Cup is a lot.

If he has the right attitude he will come back in the next game bayng for blood.

Silent Bob said:

Yes, in our current circumstances where we have lots of competition up front, Leon can't have an indifferent run of games if he wants to stay in the team. El Turi hasn't had a start yet, he deserves his chance. And Kazim-Richards has been more effective than Knight this past week. Jake has weaknesses but his movement brings something to the team that the other 3 don't have.

It's called competition Silent Bob, and we should be applauding it rather than morosely getting cross and slagging off McGhee and the rest of the squad every time that one of our little "favourites" don't make the starting 11.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Leon Knight isn't one of "my little favourites". I think he should be in the squad to face Stoke as he is one of if not out best player. I can't comment on his effectiveness in the Sheffield Wednesday game as I was not there, but in the Ipswich and Wolves gameshe was more effective then Kazim-Richards and certainly Robinson. Obviously I can't comment on Turienzo as he's only made two breif sub appearences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here