Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight......Legend or Hate figure?

Is Leon Knight still a Legend or a hate figure?

• he is still a Legend

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • He is now a hate figure

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • I dont blame him for speaking out

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Leon who?

Votes: 61 28.9%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Has Leon Knight's recent comments about Brighton's relegation turned him into a Hate figure?

He has gone way down in my opinion:angry: :angry:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
If he had kept his mouth shut, I would of given him a very warm reception next season for the goals he scored for us, and getting us into the CCC. Now however he has gone way down in my opinions, think it is an awful thing for a professional footballer to say, ok if you think it, b ut saying it is way out of order

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Les Biehn said:
He's a nasty piece of work.

It just goes to show how little we know about the players and what goes on behind the scenes.
I can understand him being pissed with the manager but there were a lot of people who still rated him even after he left and he seems to be doing his best to burn all his bridges.

He will be remembered as both. Can't take away the 27 goals from him, but everything he's done since then has pushed him into the other category.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I have followed his career since his early days at Chelsea and it appears he pissed off nearly everyone he has come into contact with. He was a great talent but his ego has got the better of him in terms of his relationships with people and his playing career. Not only this but he clearly a spiteful person with it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
London Irish said:
He will be remembered as both. Can't take away the 27 goals from him, but everything he's done since then has pushed him into the other category.

But I think he has taken away the memory 27 goals. That will now be forgotten for what a poisonous little shit he has become (or always was and we just werent aware how much).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
In terms of being a real legend I think it is playing ability combined with the way you conduct yourself so in my eyes he has never been the former but his actions now certainly make him the latter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ex legend now just a leg end I.E. an arsehole. Why he felt the need to gloat about our relegation so publicly who can guess. He's certainly fueled peoples' (of a lot of clubs) opinions with even more bile.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Edward Scissorhands said:
I dont blame him for speaking out

I wouldn't blame him for speaking out against the manager if that is who he hates. But why antagonise the fans, his old team mates, the club etc. the majority of whom have supported him?

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Rangdo said:
I wouldn't blame him for speaking out against the manager if that is who he hates. But why antagonise the fans, his old team mates, the club etc. the majority of whom have supported him?

People were hardly supportive of him while he played for us.

I think he saw the club as against him.

But I wouldn't know, I'm not Leon Knight.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
People were hardly supportive of him while he played for us.

I think he saw the club as against him.

But I wouldn't know, I'm not Leon Knight.

There were a vocal minority who berated him for his diving and whinging but I would say most appreciated that without his goals we wouldn't have got into the Championship and knew what a quality player he was.
He's done a very good job of undoing a couple of years hard work in a couple of sentences.

Donkey Hoaty

Mar 28, 2006
Uckfield
His words have not only antagonised us, the fans that were grateful for his goals. How must his ex teamates feel? especially as some of them will not be kept on now and have famalies to support.

He is a complete knobend:salute:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leon was right to say what he did because we are a poxy club apparently- from the Swansea site.

Nah..Not enough players say what they really think. Knight has b*lls and tells it how it is... and is a better finisher than Trundle anyway... maybe overall Trundle is the better player but you`d fancy Knight to score in a one-on-one situation more than Trundle everytime for instance and he may be arrogant like Defoe but that`s what you need for success. I would have said the same about Brighton. Come on it`s a poxy little club way above its station. I don`t blame him. He knows which side his bread is buttered - he obviously ain`t that happy here but knows it`s his best chance and wants to try and break into the first team.. He obviously wasn`t that bothered about doing the same at Brighton or he would have bitten his lip and sorted things out with Mark Mghee

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Icy Gull said:
Leon was right to say what he did because we are a poxy club apparently- from the Swansea site.

Nah..Not enough players say what they really think. Knight has b*lls and tells it how it is... and is a better finisher than Trundle anyway... maybe overall Trundle is the better player but you`d fancy Knight to score in a one-on-one situation more than Trundle everytime for instance and he may be arrogant like Defoe but that`s what you need for success. I would have said the same about Brighton. Come on it`s a poxy little club way above its station. I don`t blame him. He knows which side his bread is buttered - he obviously ain`t that happy here but knows it`s his best chance and wants to try and break into the first team.. He obviously wasn`t that bothered about doing the same at Brighton or he would have bitten his lip and sorted things out with Mark Mghee

Another fan defended us though:clap: :clap:

I dont blame him for speaking out
Is this speaking out against Jackett or McGhee? :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here