Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight......Legend or Hate figure?

Is Leon Knight still a Legend or a hate figure?

• he is still a Legend

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • He is now a hate figure

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • I dont blame him for speaking out

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Leon who?

Votes: 61 28.9%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think he is glad we are relegated because of his (very public) falling out with Magoo.

I think if MM had gone and wasnt in charge I dont think Leon would have said that.

Probably interview was like this

"Are you happy one of your old clubs got relegated?"

"Well MM was a complete tosser to me so Im glad they got relegated its what that lardy cluless jocko deserved"

So it gets translated as Leon happy Brighton relegated.

Of course-why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

It's easy to get this confused with MM is a tosser:

''It was terrific to see Brighton go down,'' says the diminutive frontman, who had a much-publicised falling out with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee before his cut-price move to Swansea.

''I've still got a few mates in the dressing room and I've been hearing a few things, but they can't really say anything now they are in the same league that I'm in.

''I was absolutely delighted that they got relegated. You cannot understand how happy I was.

''But I don't want to be playing them next season. Hopefully, we can leapfrog them as they come down.''

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interested to know how many of the "hard done by Leon" fans have actually met him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Be interested to know how many of the "hard done by Leon" fans have actually met him.

I have and my opinion of him is based on that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bwian said:
Of course-why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

It's easy to get this confused with MM is a tosser:

''It was terrific to see Brighton go down,'' says the diminutive frontman, who had a much-publicised falling out with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee before his cut-price move to Swansea.

''I've still got a few mates in the dressing room and I've been hearing a few things, but they can't really say anything now they are in the same league that I'm in.

''I was absolutely delighted that they got relegated. You cannot understand how happy I was.

''But I don't want to be playing them next season. Hopefully, we can leapfrog them as they come down.''

I think you need to re-read my post. Or have you been living on the moon regarding the fall out between the two...

We all know Leon thinks MM is a cluless tosser.

When your previous employers f*** up its only natural to feel smug and glad.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think you need to re-read my post. Or have you been living on the moon regarding the fall out between the two...

When your previous employers f*** up its only natural to feel smug and glad.
[/QUOTE

Maybe so but why have a go at the whole club ? I would think a lot of his ex teammates were not impressed and I get the impression that he was never over popular with them in the first place.

Sorry but seems like the petulant little child he so resembles.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

He thinks that of all his ex managers eventually, apart from SC who only managed him for weeks. Poor little sod always ending up with clueless managers

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
He thinks that of all his ex managers eventually, apart from SC who only managed him for weeks. Poor little sod always ending up with clueless managers
Only Chris Turner and MArk McGhee, who actually ARE clueless. Kenny Jackett worked with him at QPR and signed him for Swansea.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Only Chris Turner and MArk McGhee, who actually ARE clueless. Kenny Jackett worked with him at QPR and signed him for Swansea.

Ian Holloway? Kenny Jackett will be proved to be clueless shortly, guarantee it

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As far as I know he never had any problem with Holloway while he was there. They did try to sign him?
It was him choosing us, saying we were better than them, and his alledged dive against them that pissed QPR off.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Repugnant Toad said:
As I said, I've never seen anyone work so hard to win round the supporters, especially after getting such unwarranted abuse in his first season. There's room for one such player at least in my legend/cult hero list.

Guy Butters? ???

Leon was never a legend in my eyes, despite the fact that my kids adored him. I've never had any time for diving cheats and felt offended that one was given an Albion shirt to wear. I confess to shouting abuse at him on many occasions when I thought him guilty of diving.

Now I'm happy to just tick the box reading "Leon who?"

Silent Bob said:

This will be the same Kenny Jackett who has benched Leon Knight in 4 months more than McGhee did in 2 and half years, the same Jackett who is playing the genius out of position on the wing, and the same Kenny Jackett whose selections have been described by the genius as "weird".

Silent Bob, you really are setting yourself up for a fall on this one. Happy landing!

Silent Bob said:
As far as I know he never had any problem with Holloway while he was there. They did try to sign him?
I wonder why Holloway never tried to sign him for the knock-down price of £125K a few months ago? It's not as if the QPR squad are overflowing with forwards, is it?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
For starters i'd like to say the title Legend seems to be easily banded about these days, Leon was a very talented player and on his day could be very good.

However he had a good first six months for us and then really we didn't see a hell of alot more from him, now i know our style of football didn't always suit his play and at times was played out of position, but really the way he behaved has been nothing short of child like.

Appeared to me that he thinks he is a much better player than he actually is, and when things aren't going his way he throws what little weight he has around.

He had to come out with some snide comment about us, because since he has left he has achieved very little, a hatrick against MK Dons and a couple of Mickey Mouse cup goals.... so unable to do his talking on the pitch he has to lash out with his mouth

TWAT !!!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Icy Gull said:

I have. I think it's irrelevant anyway, his personality - it has nothing to do with his footballing ability; the real reason he should have been kept.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
I have. I think it's irrelevant anyway, his personality - it has nothing to do with his footballing ability; the real reason he should have been kept.

Come on...admit it, he was a twat wasn't he??:lol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Leon who for me.

Being as objective as I possibly can, the quote reads as though he has been on the end of some banter from certain players within our camp since his move. Leon being Leon possibly said what he said in a naive attempt to reciprocate this banter and got a bit carried away.

Leon will never be a legend at any of his clubs because he is always playing for his own club, Leon Uknighted.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
I wonder why Holloway never tried to sign him for the knock-down price of £125K a few months ago? It's not as if the QPR squad are overflowing with forwards, is it?
Nice piece of selective quoting.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Players are fans playthings, I'll always be grateful for the goal at the Millenium Stadium, so from that perspective, he is still a legend to me, the fact that on a personal front, he is an absolute wanker is a side issue - just look at Mark Lawrenson as a perfect example!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here