Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight......Legend or Hate figure?

Is Leon Knight still a Legend or a hate figure?

• he is still a Legend

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • He is now a hate figure

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • I dont blame him for speaking out

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Leon who?

Votes: 61 28.9%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I think the best thing we could do is offer absolutely no reaction whatsover when we face him next season. I bet he'd hate that!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When Leon Knight was really on fire for us, a member of my family met him.

I was of course very interested in what he had to say.

Unfortunately he came across as a complete and utter cock.

No surprise that he left, it was only a matter of time.

I'm more surprised at the hero worship on here to be honest.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The hero worship for him is only a sideswipe against Mark McGhee, and the blindspots people have over Leon's disgusting behaviour here. If Mark Lawrenson (a true Brighton legend, and arguably the best ever player to don the stripes) said something even half mock-derisory, he was pilloried.

Anyone who thinks that what Leon said is the mark of a legend needs to hang their head in shame. A truly appalling statement made by someone who is very spiteful and very stupid. In which case he gets the fans he deserves.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Large One said:
The hero worship for him is only a sideswipe against Mark McGhee, and the blindspots people have over Leon's disgusting behaviour here. If Mark Lawrenson (a true Brighton legend, and arguably the best ever player to don the stripes) said something even half mock-derisory, he was pilloried.

Anyone who thinks that what Leon said is the mark of a legend needs to hang their head in shame. A truly appalling statement made by someone who is very spiteful and very stupid. In which case he gets the fans he deserves.

Exactly, and if ANYONE can defend him after that (by the way he was PLEASED we got relegated), then just f*ck off and support another club. Irrespective of your view on Mcghee, anyone defending Knight now falls in the category of the unenlightened, text messaging generation, short term viewpoint, uneducated, arm chair chav.

Last edited:

To be honest when I saw the original comments thread, I thought it was a wind up post. I really didn't think a 'professional' footballer would ever consider making such a crass and appaling statement.

Amazingly it's true, and in my opinion shows the true measure of the man. A petulant, bitter, twisted and self obsessed young man who is destined to wilfully waste the talent he is fortunate to have. In the immortal words of that great philosopher Mr T, "I pity da fool".

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm amazed anyone rates him as "Still a legend". I didn't think he ever was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
I'm amazed anyone rates him as "Still a legend". I didn't think he ever was.

Exactly, not even close to being a Legend..ever. Peter Ward, Brian Horton, Peter O'Sullivan, BZ, DC,FDM and many others are Legends. Anyone who considers LK a legend is either taking the piss or has only supported this club for about 3 years at most.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think the word we are all looking for is BELLend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here