Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight......Legend or Hate figure?

Is Leon Knight still a Legend or a hate figure?

• he is still a Legend

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • He is now a hate figure

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • I dont blame him for speaking out

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Leon who?

Votes: 61 28.9%

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gullsworth said:
Another fan defended us though:clap: :clap:

I don't know what's more amazing about that quote, the Trundle/Knight comparison, or a Swansea City (yes Swansea City) fan calling us a poxy little club.

:eek:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Leon reminds me a bit of Richie Barker, and he is a complete and utter tosser.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best forgotten about now, sums him up though doesn't it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Where was the option for 'Never was a Legend' You don't get legendary status with the kind of petulant immaturity that he has always shown in his playing career.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
clapham_gull said:
When Leon Knight was really on fire for us, a member of my family met him.

I was of course very interested in what he had to say.

Unfortunately he came across as a complete and utter cock.

No surprise that he left, it was only a matter of time.

I'm more surprised at the hero worship on here to be honest.

After the playoff final we were fortunate enough to be in the hotel lobby as the team arrived. Everybody (players and officials) in high spirits, happy, smiling, enjoying the moment and willing to mingle with fans. All except one who was a miserable, surly little c unt. Want to guess which one?

Complete and utter cock sums him up.

4 have voted legend...wonder who they were?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Why was Barker a tosser?! Now he IS a legend.

Wouldn't class him as a legend but he never came across as a tosser. Left us to be nearer his sick father didn't he?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Why was Barker a tosser?! Now he IS a legend.

Did you hear the abuse he got at the Priestfield in the many games before he got his 1st goal?? When he eventually scored he was looking all chuffed with himself and running around delighted, when the crowd started an ironic " Barker scored a goal he scored a goal "etc etc chant. The look of hurt on his face on hearing that made me feel really bad for him.. It seems he did become a cult hero in a John Crumplin type of piss take legend style after that. Done well since he left us though.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I don't think he was a "piss-take" legend - in that second season, he was a quality striker; I've never seen anyone work quite so hard and take quite such a kicking for the club. For someone not overly blessed with natural talent, he was fantastic for us, and has done superbly since. I think he got 12 goals or so that season, which was a pretty decent effort ... had a good partnership with Harty, and it was a shame he had to leave.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
London Irish said:
He will be remembered as both. Can't take away the 27 goals from him, but everything he's done since then has pushed him into the other category.
Can't disagree with that......

#shit, did i just agree with LI?#:lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
As I said, I've never seen anyone work so hard to win round the supporters, especially after getting such unwarranted abuse in his first season. There's room for one such player at least in my legend/cult hero list.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I saw him in the old Q8 garage after the midweek loss to Sheff Utd.

I said unlucky Leon, you played very well. I went to shake his hand and he ignored me. :nono: Charming!!

I wouldn't say his season in 'League One' made him an Albion legend. Certainly doesn't deserve to be on the same page of the likes of Zamora, Ward et al.

See you next season Leon.:wave:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I saw him in the old Q8 garage after the midweek loss to Sheff Utd.

I said unlucky Leon, you played very well. I went to shake his hand and he ignored me. :nono: Charming!!

That sums him up for me...horrible individual.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
surrey jim said:
still a Legend :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :albion:

Never was a legend. Never will be. And after his outburst how any right thinking Albion fan can call him a legend is beyond me.

Legend in his own mind maybe but other than that-'little twat' sums him up. A view endorsed by fans at every other club he's been at.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think he is glad we are relegated because of his (very public) falling out with Magoo.

I think if MM had gone and wasnt in charge I dont think Leon would have said that.

Probably interview was like this

"Are you happy one of your old clubs got relegated?"

"Well MM was a complete tosser to me so Im glad they got relegated its what that lardy cluless jocko deserved"

So it gets translated as Leon happy Brighton relegated.

A good player (arguably the most skilful we have had over the last 2 years) but no way near a legend.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here