Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight......Legend or Hate figure?

Is Leon Knight still a Legend or a hate figure?

• he is still a Legend

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • He is now a hate figure

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • I dont blame him for speaking out

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Leon who?

Votes: 61 28.9%

• Total voters

Silent Bob said:
Nice piece of selective quoting.

Errr.....no. It's fair question to ask you why, if Holloway rated him, did he not pick him up at what everyone considered a depressed price? You saw the QPR forwards at Loftus Road, they were not exactly flash.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As other have said he was NEVER an Albion legend and I doubt if he would have been even if he played for us for ten years - his petulance would have seen to that. Mind you there are people on this site who reckon Jeff Minton was one of our best ever players so I think quite a few people have a low 'legend' threshold.

I put him in the category of 'useful dwarf'.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Errr.....no. It's fair question to ask you why, if Holloway rated him, did he not pick him up at what everyone considered a depressed price? You saw the QPR forwards at Loftus Road, they were not exactly flash.
Did you notice the second part of my post? It was just there, under the bit you quoted.
You'd have to ask Ian Holloway, not me. Do QPR have ANY money? Was Holloway given funds, he was sacked shortly afterwards?
ANYWAY you seem to have missed the point which is that Ian Holloway and Kenny Jackett had no problems with Leon Knight's attitude that stopped them signing or attempting to sign him, which is strange since he is clearly the devil incarnate.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
jacktaff11 Posted on 2/5 22:50 Email this Message | Reply
re: Bayo, Knight, Fallon, Trundle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All would be good players in the Championship IMHO.
My problem is with Knight who appears to do nothing other than sit on the back four waiting for opportunities.
He will contribute nothing outside of that and any team he plays in will need to cope with that.
The other three are prepared to chase back looking for the ball if the opportunities are not being provided by midfield. The necessity to do this reduces the effectiveness of Trundle and Bayo considerably as they need to receive the ball well into the oppostion half to be effective as a result of their lack of pace - Bayo more so.
Knight also appears to be somewhat disruptive which is an extra worry. I hope I am wrong here because in an on-form attacking side he could be devastating.

It appears Bob that the Swansea fans are just beggining to see his attitude appear.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We're taking one person's opinion as gospel now? ???

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The point you was trying to make was that he did not have an attitude problem, which you and one or two others fail to see.
You claimed there was not a problem with him at Swansea.
The fact that they have already picked up on it at Swansea does not surprise me.
I can assure you he was not the only fan who has commented on it.
But if you choose to believe he is the only one then thats your choice.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
The point you was trying to make was that he did not have an attitude problem, which you and one or two others fail to see.
I am not claiming that at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here