Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight, give him a trial?

Should we give Leon Knight a trial?

• Total voters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
For having an attitude that stank the place out for starters. If you think that there would be nothing to forgive then there really is no point in actually arguing about this.

I have no wish to argue, and am obviously aware that he was an obnoxious little shit in the end. However, as a player with obvious ability, I can understand why he was so angry with the service and style of play under Magoo. I prefer to remember the Playoff Final and him giving it large!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no wish to argue, and am obviously aware that he was an obnoxious little shit in the end. However, as a player with obvious ability, I can understand why he was so angry with the service and style of play under Magoo. I prefer to remember the Playoff Final and him giving it large!

Fair enough but McGhee had us playing higher than we've played for a couple of decades and kept us there for a season, then had to sell the spine of the team and people still call him a clown :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Named and shamed - those who voted YES to having Leon back at the Albion:

beardosh, bhaexpress, bhafc22, bhafc4eva, bhafc_ross, Bigtk, bojans right foot, bullshit detector, Cease Ider, Cheeky Monkey, Chelovek s Kino-Apparatom, croydon seagull, dazzalewis1968, deletebeepbeepbeep, Driver8, fruitnveg, Gerbil, Gritt23, Hoopz, Hot Gossiper, Ian Bairds Fist, jamesy's, Keeny01, kevtherev, Left Footer, Lord Bamber, Macca, marcgorry, matt, merville, New Carpet?, Ninja Elephant, pork pie, profey1984, PROTASM, public school boy, rcf0712, Ringmer bha, robbyblobby111, Robert Codners Nostrils, Sargey, SeagullofKent, seagullsdaz, STERNS AND SURVIVED!!, Stevegull, stu7878, super seagull, surrey jim, sydney, theonesmith, tonymgc, Tristram Fourmile, Trojan Scold, uncle angry, Uncle Spielberg, vulture, W3 BHA, Wanderer, Weezle, Yorkshire-Seagull, Zebedee, ¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤

Honeynut Loops.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If 41% of NSC'rs want Leon back, this is the clearest indication yet that the board has officially gone mental.

It like the Germans asking if Hitler might be worth another go.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Does he?

I mean does he??

Do you have trouble with your tenses??

He DID score goals. In the same way that I DID go to primary school. I USED to be 21.

I WENT to the Goldstone.

I USED to fancy Johanna MacGarry at secondary school.

I DON'T now. I DON'T go to the Goldstone.

Leon Knight does not CURRENTLY score goals. He HASN'T scored goals for some time.

Christ's sake - what next??

Let's pick Boycott for England shall we - I mean he SCORES runs....

NO HE f***ing DEOSN'T!!!

Not ANYMORE.

Yeah but I think you still have a soft spot for Johanna MacGarry, go on deny it! Anyway Leon is doing the rounds softening up one & all because he apparently has a book coming out.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If that was the limit of his crimes, you might have a point.

But it wasn't, so you don't.

I just do not understand why so many of the old "clique" don't like him. He WAS without doubt the best striker we have had since Bobby Z, and had a much stronger pedigree than him when he joined us. He also did well at Swansea before causing problems (off the pitch) there.

A good man manager like Coppell, had few if any problems with him. If Gus wanted him, and was able to control him with his Chelsea reputaion assisting in gaining respect, then I would be happy to welcome him back.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thank f*** poyet doesnt listen to the fans - this poll is nothing short of a disgrace

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I doubt anyone would want Knight to be given a long contract straight off - that would be madness.
But as for a trial. Why not?
The guy knows it's last chance time, and he seems to have grown up - IF he's still got what he once had and can show it in a trial, he would surely be worth a short-term deal.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i cant beleive all this shit, he coems on here (if it is him) and says he is sorry, and the arse lickers come out, i will never forgive him for the comments he made, once a shit bag, always a shit bag, what next Mcgliesh coming on here and apoligising for what he did, f*** off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The guy is ex-Chelsea and was very good with us under Coppell. It all went wrong for him after he got frustrated at the poor service he was getting with lumped balls in the air under Magoo, instead of on the deck allowing him to run onto the ball and play it with his feet. (As you probably know he is only 3' tall :laugh: )

IF he can get back on his feet, he could certainly be the 20-25 goal striker we need with the sevice he is likely to get.

you (and the others voting for a trial) must be delusional, you even quoted the historic record, but did you read it? it shows he has never been a 20-25 a season striker. 29 goals in 117 games since leaving us isnt so great and 7 clubs in 4 years suggests someone who is not capable of getting back on his feet. he had one lucky 6 mths and a good penalty technique. he would fail to get into double figures if he came back.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Named and shamed - those who voted YES to having Leon back at the Albion:

beardosh, bhaexpress, bhafc22, bhafc4eva, bhafc_ross, Bigtk, bojans right foot, bullshit detector, Cease Ider, Cheeky Monkey, Chelovek s Kino-Apparatom, croydon seagull, dazzalewis1968, deletebeepbeepbeep, Driver8, fruitnveg, Gerbil, Gritt23, Hoopz, Hot Gossiper, Ian Bairds Fist, jamesy's, Keeny01, kevtherev, Left Footer, Lord Bamber, Macca, marcgorry, matt, merville, New Carpet?, Ninja Elephant, pork pie, profey1984, PROTASM, public school boy, rcf0712, Ringmer bha, robbyblobby111, Robert Codners Nostrils, Sargey, SeagullofKent, seagullsdaz, STERNS AND SURVIVED!!, Stevegull, stu7878, super seagull, surrey jim, sydney, theonesmith, tonymgc, Tristram Fourmile, Trojan Scold, uncle angry, Uncle Spielberg, vulture, W3 BHA, Wanderer, Weezle, Yorkshire-Seagull, Zebedee, ¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤

Honeynut Loops.

I am very happy to be on that list. IF Gus wanted to bring him back. The best stiker we have had since BZ with proper service under Coppell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt anyone would want Knight to be given a long contract straight off - that would be madness.
The guy knows it's last chance time, and he seems to have grown up - IF he's still got what he once had and can show it in a trial, he would surely be worth a short-term deal.

How many last chances does he need ?

I for one would be absolutely HORRIFIED if he somehow managed to con a contract out of us just for behaving himself for a couple of weeks on trial. Because as sure as night follows day, somewhere down the line there'd be a MASSIVE falling out with someone at the club. Its happened time and time and time again in his career, and I do NOT want the likes of him poisoning the dressing room here again thankyouverymuch.

Thankfully theres absolutely no chance of him ever getting a trial here, because there are enough people still at the club who will well remember the CAROUSEL of baggage that comes with L. Knight esq.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
you (and the others voting for a trial) must be delusional, you even quoted the historic record, but did you read it? it shows he has never been a 20-25 a season striker. 29 goals in 117 games since leaving us isnt so great and 7 clubs in 4 years suggests someone who is not capable of getting back on his feet. he had one lucky 6 mths and a good penalty technique. he would fail to get into double figures if he came back.

Yes he has! 15 in 28 at Swansea is the same as 25 in 46. You try the maths.

Oh and 4 in two when on loan from Chelsea under Coppell is just silly numbers over a season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just do not understand why so many of the old "clique" don't like him. He WAS without doubt the best striker we have had since Bobby Z, and had a much stronger pedigree than him when he joined us. He also did well at Swansea before causing problems (off the pitch) there.

A good man manager like Coppell, had few if any problems with him. If Gus wanted him, and was able to control him with his Chelsea reputaion assisting in gaining respect, then I would be happy to welcome him back.

Wind-up or retard?

Did well at Chelsea? Define 'well' - he never played a game, so what exactly did he 'do well'? Pick up personality traits from John Terry?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Because since he left Swansea he's managed to piss off 7 Clubs whilst scoring a massive 14 goals which includes none for the last three. That's why.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes he has! 15 in 28 at Swansea is the same as 25 in 46. You try the maths.

Five years ago.

In the last three years, he's had four clubs, played a total of 15 games and scored NO goals. You try the maths.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
whats danny cullip up to these days? he was pretty good back in 2004

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here