Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight, give him a trial?

Should we give Leon Knight a trial?

• Total voters

steve-c

leon burnt his bridges , he moved on , the albion have moved on, only the albion look more likely to have a better future. sorry leon, but try elsewhere, thanks for the goals , hope you find a club, but not the albion.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
That was not the issue - the poster had suggested he was never a prolific striker - which quite simply is utter bollo x.

As was stated he had ONE good season 6 years ago and has not scored for four years (at seven different clubs)

Flash in the pan a la Franny Jeffers

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
he would never had made it as a championship striker league 1 was his plato

..they say
Could stick it away
'Alf a crate of whisky
Ev'ry day

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I cant believe some people would consider having him back, not even taking in to consideration what he did he before his goalscoring record since Swansea has been f***ing woeful.

This is a club that is meant to be stepping forward into a new era with a new stadium and hopefully a quality team in it. And someone with the attitude and ability of Leon Knight shouldnt be anywhere near it.

I dont give a flying f*** if he has apologised for whats happened before, i wasnt really that bothered about what he had to say and dont really care that he has apologised.

All i care about is having quality players with respect for themselves, their teammates, the fans and mostly importantly the club.... Leon never has or never will have any of these.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wouldn't have him back but would love to think he has seen the error of his ways and makes a go of it somewhere.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Named and shamed - those who voted YES to having Leon back at the Albion:

beardosh, bhaexpress, bhafc22, bhafc4eva, bhafc_ross, Bigtk, bojans right foot, bullshit detector, Cease Ider, Cheeky Monkey, Chelovek s Kino-Apparatom, croydon seagull, dazzalewis1968, deletebeepbeepbeep, Driver8, fruitnveg, Gerbil, Gritt23, Hoopz, Hot Gossiper, Ian Bairds Fist, jamesy's, Keeny01, kevtherev, Left Footer, Lord Bamber, Macca, marcgorry, matt, merville, New Carpet?, Ninja Elephant, pork pie, profey1984, PROTASM, public school boy, rcf0712, Ringmer bha, robbyblobby111, Robert Codners Nostrils, Sargey, SeagullofKent, seagullsdaz, STERNS AND SURVIVED!!, Stevegull, stu7878, super seagull, surrey jim, sydney, theonesmith, tonymgc, Tristram Fourmile, Trojan Scold, uncle angry, Uncle Spielberg, vulture, W3 BHA, Wanderer, Weezle, Yorkshire-Seagull, Zebedee, ¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤

Honeynut Loops.

Apart from one, that list confirms any preconceptions about posters i already had..
The one.. :rant:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The only thing that's unbelievable about this thread is the amount of people that don't understand what the word "trial" means (in a footballing context.)

I'm happy to have anyone here on a trial, being on trial is a LONG way from being offered a 3 year contract.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
The only thing that's unbelievable about this thread is the amount of people that don't understand what the word "trial" means (in a footballing context.)

I'm happy to have anyone here on a trial, being on trial is a LONG way from being offered a 3 year contract.

Exactly, I don't see the harm in giving the guy a week / 2 week trial - in that time he will either not impress and not get offered a contract or prove that he has matured and impress Gus and maybe get offered a short contract or even a play per appearance deal.

If Leon's attitude has improved like he says he has then I think he would make a useful backup striker.

And for people who are bashing his scoring record, we have signed other strikers with bad scoring records who have turned out to be useful and the thing with Leon is we KNOW he can score 20+ goals a season if his attitude is right.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...and the thing with Leon is we KNOW he can score 20+ goals a season if his attitude is right.

no, we know Leon will score 20 goals if defenders dont mark him, we pick up lots of penalties and he is 1st pen taker.

If Leon's attitude has improved

if? he had a fight with team mates only last December, what makes anyone think his attitude has changed?

i'll say again, he should find a L2 club and prove himself. his time here is gone.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, the realist vote could slip to under 50% - has the world gone mad?

The updated roll of dishonour - I'm sure some of these are trolls

İbrahim Tatlıses, Alan Duffys sideburns, Barnham Seagull, beardosh, bhaexpress, bhafc22, bhafc4eva, BHAFC4EVER, bhafc_ross, Bigtk, bojans right foot, brighton_girl87, bullshit detector, BUTTERBALL, Cease Ider, ChapManiA, Cheeky Monkey, Chelovek s Kino-Apparatom, clippedgull, croydon seagull, Dale Jasper, dave hylands, dazzalewis1968, Deanbha, Del Boy, deletebeepbeepbeep, Driver8, Drumstick, footychick, Forster's Armband, fruitnveg, Gav1901, Gerbil, Gritt23, Hoopz, Hot Gossiper, Ian Bairds Fist, ifightbears, jamesy's, Jamie_Seagull, jimthegull1980, johnny jigsaw, Joshyboy Bennett, Keeny01, kevtherev, Left Footer, Leicester Seagull, LG12, lizard, Lord Bamber, Macca, marcgorry, matt, matthew, Mental Lental, merville, Mouldy Boots, Nappy thrower, New Carpet?, Ninja Elephant, philsussex, pork pie, portslade seagull, profey1984, PROTASM, public school boy, rcf0712, Ringmer bha, robbyblobby111, Robert Codners Nostrils, sam the super seagull, Sargey, sdmartin1, SeagullofKent, seagullsdaz, sir albion, spud-u-like, STERNS AND SURVIVED!!, Steve Foster, Stevegull, stewardxxx, stu7878, super seagull, super sleeves, surrey jim, sydney, the costa love bus, theodorerobinson, theonesmith, Tom Hark, Preston Park, tonymgc, Trigger, Tristram Fourmile, Trojan Scold, Tummy Burger, Twisted, uncle angry, Uncle Spielberg, veade, vulture, W3 BHA, Wanderer, Weezle, Yorkshire-Seagull, Zebedee, ¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So IF he came back and IF he got 20-30 goals next season would everyone still be dead against him?

Not at all, but only IF he played for the team, not himself, IF he gave the manager 100% respect, IF he did the same with the fans, IF he kept his gob shut when dealing with the press, IF he acted less like a prick off the pitch in general and IF he wanted to play in "that shoebox" again.

I think there might be a few too many IF's there to make the decision viable. Leon, you were a legend until you pressed self destruct. Everyone can change, but you'd have to change your entire personality to be welcome here. I'm sorry, but I can only think bringing you back would be a recipie for disaster for the dressing room, the manager and what he is trying to do. It's a total non starter.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can't believe how someone supposedly, Leon himself, posts a few things on a messageboard and suddenly he becomes a good possible option of being our 25 goal a season striker.

If he is that good and learnt his lessons etc why weren't these people suggesting he was given a go 6 weeks ago? All that has changed since then is a few posts on a website, that are most probably a wind up.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Errr no..... just no.

What on Earth has he done in the last 5 years that warrants a trial? If Gus started handing out trials to the likes of Leon then we'd have every waif and stray coming along for a go.

He's done f all to deserve another go. That's the point you're missing I'm afraid.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can you just imagine if gus gave a trial to a random players who's record read:

Had 1 good season 6 years ago
Had 9 clubs since then
Has been sacked/transfer listed at about 6 of them.
Has not scored goals in Scotland, lower leagues in England or in Greece

That's FORGETTING that we KNOW what he's like.

If he had an AMAZING record then fair enough, but, and I mean this, his record is the WORST i have seen. It just shows that he's TROUBLE.

People falling for all that bollocks on the other thread about being a changed character must get FLEECED on a daily occurance. I BET he said the same thing after Swansea, mk dons, wycombe, Greek lot, queen of the south etc etc etc

I actually feel more sorry for him. One day (as he STILL seems deluded now) he will properly sit back and realise he has f***ed up a promising career with no help from anyone else.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

You are LITERALLY mental.

:sick:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

He'd manage to upset team morale within 1 day of arriving. He is a flawed human being and that's the last thing we need at the Albion just as we are starting a new era at the club.

Leon Knight, He's Shite :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here